Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 161 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
Has anyone else ordered their car from a car leasing company? How has it been?
I ordered my Polestar 2 on 22nd July with Vanarama on a business lease, and they (along with many other UK leasing companies) use a finance company called Lease Plan. It turns out Lease Plan & Polestar had their wires crossed regarding shipping costs & they had offered the P*2 way too cheap.
I have been assured by Vanarama that my order will be honoured. I've even had an email from Lease Plan confirming the finance deal. But so far no official order confirmation/delivery date. Vanarama tell me Polestar are overwhelmed with orders & they will get back to me in a day or 2.....then another day or 2.....
Just for comparison, my deal is £2628 up front then 47 x £438 (both +vat) on a P*2 in thunder without sports pack on 16K miles per year. I think it's good enough to warrant more patience with Vanarama.
I'd be interested to know how others compare.
BTW- Vanarama aren't offering Polestars anymore!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi There,

Weve ordered 2 P* 2's on a 6+36 business lease via UK Carline - and funded by Leaseplan, around a monh ago.

our were Dynamic pack and £3.6k down + circa £547/month over the 3 yr term (think the Dynamic pack is a £5k cost).

Weve also have the finance docs approved and the online log on from Leaseplan but no confirmed delivery date as yet.

We were advised Oct delivery, but I suspect that may slide out a bit..

I ordered Thunder/ Slate, subsequenty changed to Magnesium/ slate and my Bus. Partner went with Midnight.

I'm still trying to find somewhere to see the car first hand to see if I want to change back or not, as I think this can be done until you receive confirmation of build slot..

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi There,

Weve ordered 2 P* 2's on a 6+36 business lease via UK Carline - and funded by Leaseplan, around a monh ago.

our were Dynamic pack and £3.6k down + circa £547/month over the 3 yr term (think the Dynamic pack is a £5k cost).

Weve also have the finance docs approved and the online log on from Leaseplan but no confirmed delivery date as yet.

We were advised Oct delivery, but I suspect that may slide out a bit..

I ordered Thunder/ Slate, subsequenty changed to Magnesium/ slate and my Bus. Partner went with Midnight.

I'm still trying to find somewhere to see the car first hand to see if I want to change back or not, as I think this can be done until you receive confirmation of build slot..
Sounds like you got a good deal. How many miles/year was that for?
I have a feeling they will try to add some kind of surcharge. But I'm cynical.
If you place an order with Polestar direct today they are quoting delivery for December, so we should be before then at least.
Let me know if you hear anything please.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Sounds like you got a good deal. How many miles/year was that for?
I have a feeling they will try to add some kind of surcharge. But I'm cynical.
If you place an order with Polestar direct today they are quoting delivery for December, so we should be before then at least.
Let me know if you hear anything please.
Mine was for 10k miles per anum, it increased to £565 for 12.5 miles p.a (my bus. p)

Will keep you updated

·
Registered
20 Posts
Has anyone done their leasing through the Polestar website? I'd rather reduce my monthly costs by paying a larger deposit but the website takes you right through the order process and accepting contracts before getting anywhere near any options to customise the lease!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Has anyone done their leasing through the Polestar website? I'd rather reduce my monthly costs by paying a larger deposit but the website takes you right through the order process and accepting contracts before getting anywhere near any options to customise the lease!
Yes I leased direct after getting messed around by two different third party leasing providers... for reasons mentioned above.

You are not required to agree to anything until you have your quote and then confirm the order after a two week cooling off period. I was able to increase the deposit, mileage and duration perfectly fine on the Polestar leasing site before ‘accepting’ anything. It did however cap out at 12 months deposit and 15k per annum, so not as flexible as other lease providers. But at the time all that the personal leasing providers were doing was getting the finance companies to place the cash order and then add a margin on top, so was cheaper to go direct.

No doubt that will change as it becomes more established in the market.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I ordered midnight sports pack through leaseplan car scheme with my company last Friday. Order approved but no word from the "dealer" yet to confirm spec. They invalidated my first quote when the wire crossing incident happened and I had to wait weeks until they made it available on their site again. The original price would have been a great deal, but zero benefit in kind goes a long way.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I haven't had much feedback on my car. Just a positive but non-commital...
"I can see that Polestar have started to action more orders as well so I’m hopeful this means we will be seeing your contract very soon"
I just hope that I'm in the queue at least!!

·
Registered
84 Posts
My order became official back on the 20th. Even though no email with estimated date, after I got email with link to review my spec on polestar website, I created an account and could see my order was pending. The next day it was switched to confirmed. Still no estimated delivery date though.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have ordered through Leaseplan and they placed the order on 14th August, they told me I may not hear anything for about a month but not to worry as things were going on in the background at Polestar.

·
Registered
84 Posts
I finally got an email reply from LeasePlan....but not Polestar. They indicated the initial estimate is 'late September' but still needed confirmation from Polestar. I'm taking it with a grain of salt and assuming it will be later than that given my order didn't get officially submitted until Aug 20th.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I finally got an email reply from LeasePlan....but not Polestar. They indicated the initial estimate is 'late September' but still needed confirmation from Polestar. I'm taking it with a grain of salt and assuming it will be later than that given my order didn't get officially submitted until Aug 20th.
My order via Leaseplan is showing on the Polestar account as confirmed on 21-Aug but still no delivery date. As I mentioned earlier when I contacted Polestar they said it was because it was a Leaseplan car and there was some legal issue with them and once that is sorted I would be given an estimated delivery date.

I am guessing that this delay is currently precluding business leasing orders like mine from having any chance of being allocated one of the pre-made cars already available.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
My order via Leaseplan is showing on the Polestar account as confirmed on 21-Aug but still no delivery date. As I mentioned earlier when I contacted Polestar they said it was because it was a Leaseplan car and there was some legal issue with them and once that is sorted I would be given an estimated delivery date.

I am guessing that this delay is currently precluding business leasing orders like mine from having any chance of being allocated one of the pre-made cars already available.
Hi
How do you get to see the Polestar account if you didn't order it from them?
My order is with Vanarama who order with Leaseplan who order from Polestar, so an extra link in the chain. And I've heard diddlysquat. 🏊‍♀️ (me swimming to China for a quicker update)

·
Registered
84 Posts
Create an account on the Polestar website using the same email address you used with the lease company. You might then be able to see the order number and status.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Create an account on the Polestar website using the same email address you used with the lease company. You might then be able to see the order number and status.
Thanks for that. There's nothing showing on Polestar. I really have no idea what's happening. I'd take my business elsewhere if I could

·
Registered
34 Posts
Have you been able to open a Polestar account ? if you have it should at least show an order id, order confirmed and an order date.

When did you place the order with Vanarama? I would contact them for written confirmation that the order was placed with Polestar

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Have you been able to open a Polestar account ? if you have it should at least show an order id, order confirmed and an order date.

When did you place the order with Vanarama? I would contact them for written confirmation that the order was placed with Polestar
The order was placed 22nd July. It took a little while for the credit request to be approved- that email came from Leaseplan 1st August. Then followed very little. I persisted emailing Vanarama for something concrete. On 12th August they said- "Again please rest assured we are not just leaving your order and ignoring you. The car is on order and I will be able to confirm more with you on Monday."
But very little since. Not replying to my last email. Left a message for them to call back but nothing.
The obvious option is to cancel the order, but their deal is the only way I can afford a Polestar 2.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I ordered mine on a PCP through Synergy Car Leasing - the finance was underwritten by Leaseplan. Application & deposit paid on 19th August and everything was approved/signed on the 26th. The paperwork has an estimated delivery date of November. I haven't heard anything since the 26th and nothing in my Polestar account. It's all gone surprisingly smoothly but I'm hoping for regular updates...

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I ordered mine on a PCP through Synergy Car Leasing - the finance was underwritten by Leaseplan. Application & deposit paid on 19th August and everything was approved/signed on the 26th. The paperwork has an estimated delivery date of November. I haven't heard anything since the 26th and nothing in my Polestar account. It's all gone surprisingly smoothly but I'm hoping for regular updates...
I haven't been asked for a deposit

·
Registered
32 Posts
Just posted this elsewhere but relevant here, too.

I've been puzzled by lack of info on delivery but just had a call from my leasing broker, seems like some traditional lease funders have been in a stand-off with Polestar over financial terms, in my case they have had to switch funders. Seems clear to me why no-one was telling me anything. I'm awaiting confirmation on Monday that this has been sorted: I've told the broker if not then I will have to look at leasing direct from Polestar to 'cut the bull****'. My order was placed direct with Polestar so this is still an option.

1 - 20 of 161 Posts