Polestar Forum banner

301 - 320 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Zomg. Received this from Polestar today:

Your car has now arrived in the United Kingdom. You can use your Polestar ID to log in to your online account and review the order details at any time. Please note that no action is required from you at this stage.
Logging in, it says delivery estimate in October, and there's a VIN (in the high 4000s). I ordered with the lease broker at the end of August.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The choose a time slot button is still disabled though...

·
Registered
148 Posts
Btw, posting these screenshots not to gloat, but because I was wondering myself what they would look like when it came to this time, so just thought I'd share!

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
75 Posts
Again not gloating but sharing an email I received today from PS. I am sure others have had the same. Not sure what people think about the end paragraph given some of the issues experienced. One thing I find very odd is that Volvo and PS already have apps that enable many of the functions we need and want.....this is the frustrating part I feel.

The delivery of your Polestar 2 is rapidly approaching. Exciting times!

We want to take this opportunity to thank you for supporting Polestar in this start-up phase of our brand, and also give a short update regarding your car, as some of our customers have reached out for more information.

So that you as a Polestar customer get the best experience of your car, Polestar continuously develops the systems in the cars and the services that you are offered. This includes everything from the Polestar app and the in-car features, as well as the system managing your software updates.

Unfortunately, some of our promised features are delayed: Digital Key, Over-The-Air update compatibility, in-car climate preconditioning and the vehicle remote functions in the Polestar app. Don’t worry, this won’t affect the ability to deliver- nor the delivery date of your car - you will still be able to enjoy it on the road soon. Never-the-less, these features need further development before they are entirely ready for you. Right now, we expect these feature updates to be made available from the end of this year.  As soon as they are available, we will contact you with the details you need for your Polestar 2 to receive the relevant upgrade, which will happen at a Polestar authorised service point.

Meanwhile, should you have questions, please reach out to our Polestar support for guidance.

We want you to know that you count. We hear you and we want to improve through your experiences and feedback. Your satisfaction is our top priority.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Again not gloating but sharing an email I received today from PS. I am sure others have had the same. Not sure what people think about the end paragraph given some of the issues experienced. One thing I find very odd is that Volvo and PS already have apps that enable many of the functions we need and want.....this is the frustrating part I feel.

The delivery of your Polestar 2 is rapidly approaching. Exciting times!

We want to take this opportunity to thank you for supporting Polestar in this start-up phase of our brand, and also give a short update regarding your car, as some of our customers have reached out for more information.

So that you as a Polestar customer get the best experience of your car, Polestar continuously develops the systems in the cars and the services that you are offered. This includes everything from the Polestar app and the in-car features, as well as the system managing your software updates.

Unfortunately, some of our promised features are delayed: Digital Key, Over-The-Air update compatibility, in-car climate preconditioning and the vehicle remote functions in the Polestar app. Don’t worry, this won’t affect the ability to deliver- nor the delivery date of your car - you will still be able to enjoy it on the road soon. Never-the-less, these features need further development before they are entirely ready for you. Right now, we expect these feature updates to be made available from the end of this year.  As soon as they are available, we will contact you with the details you need for your Polestar 2 to receive the relevant upgrade, which will happen at a Polestar authorised service point.

Meanwhile, should you have questions, please reach out to our Polestar support for guidance.

We want you to know that you count. We hear you and we want to improve through your experiences and feedback. Your satisfaction is our top priority.
Am glad to see that they've internalized some of our feedback that more communication is needed/wanted!

I do agree it's weird that they don't have an app ready when Volvo already has an app that works for their cars. This must relate in some way to interplay with Android Automotive. I'm guessing some security bug or otherwise was discovered right around the time of launch and they made the decision to not delay deliveries while waiting for the app to get developed. Personally, I'm fine to wait a little while on those features, and agree with prioritizing security, but I recognize that I'm not as adversely affected as some here are.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Pictures or it didn't happen.
So vehicle was delivered, no hold ups throughout the entire process. Good communication, courtesy call from handover bloke last night, responsive to messages confirming address etc etc. I must be lucky and I'm definitely not gloating but it has been absolutely flawless. Been driving most of the evening and not a single issue, car is bloody brilliant.

I hope my success (lucky?) story takes away some of the doom and gloom on this forum and gives others confidence as this is a truly brilliant car.

My infotainment system restarted randomly once but that's been the only issue. Plenty more to write about but might do a separate post with more info.

·
Registered
199 Posts
It does seem like black and white cars get delivered very quickly. And Midnight (blue) is the longest of all. Guess which colour I cancelled back in August (white) and which colour I ordered two days later (blue)... :cry:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Am actually really surprised given everyone else's stories about long waits. This is only about 8 weeks from agreeing a deal with the broker.

Coincidentally I'd already booked this week off work, which means I can play with my new toy a bit... though won't be able to go many places given recent lockdown developments! :oops:

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #319
Good news: my broker is offering a free home charger & installation with all Ev's
Bad news: I don't have a driveway & only charge at work
Good news: Let's switch installation to my parents' house. They're not so far away
Bad news: That's not the registered address so no-can-do
🦅£££🦅

·
Registered
142 Posts
I can't get enough of the creativity in this sentence (I know we've seen it before):
"Right now, we expect these feature updates to be made available from the end of this year. "
'from the end of this year', beautifully non-indicative of temporal direction or velocity. I'm not being sarcastic! This is really a morsel to savor. Like a bit of nut that got stuck in your back teeth. Thinking of submitting this to the Bulwer-Lytton Prize judges.

301 - 320 of 363 Posts