Polestar Forum banner

341 - 360 of 363 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #341
Did they email you about vin and reg? Or did it just appear on website?
They emailed to say my order has been received & processed. There was a link (which didn’t work) to set up my polestar account (which we have all done ages ago). At that point I checked my a/c. Order status had changed to “planning delivery”. There’s a tab under called “details”. Clicking this reveals the vin & a few other details. The last part is “choose delivery slot”. This tab is greyed out & will be clickable soon I hope!
Shouldn’t be long now hopefully for everyone that’s waiting.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I just asked a question over in the insurance thread but thought I’d ask here too...

Now I have a reg number (I asked polestar for one and they allocated me a reg), I’ve been looking into insurance.

Does anyone else have a clause in their lease contract about a maximum insurance excess? My leaseplan one mentions max £250 policy excess, which is annoying as I've had some good quotes but only with min £350 excess:confused:

·
Registered
148 Posts
Does anyone else have a clause in their lease contract about a maximum insurance excess? My leaseplan one mentions max £250 policy excess
Update: I contacted Leaseplan about the max excess clause and they said it's not something they're too strict about as long as you're insured fully comp.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #346
Save the date email came. You have 48 hours to spot it & confirm before it gets passed to someone else. I was offered Wednesday am or Thursday pm. That means less than a week from Order Received to Delivery (if it goes to plan). So keep checking those emails!
To be fair my original order dated 23rd July requested delivery on 19th October so they are only 2 days late.
Just a little more communication from Polestar/LeasePlan/Vanarama would have saved a lot of wasted time. I hope the rest of you get your deliveries moved forward & this batch of cars find the issues dwindling.
It goes without saying that my charger won't be installed in time 🤡

·
Registered
20 Posts
Delivery confirmed 23/08/2020 - then email 12 days ago, suggesting delivery December. PS says probably end of November. Nothing on Web apart from delivery confirmed. App still blank. Today got 2 x reg numbers from Select Car. (Still nothing else on Web or App). No VIN - Ant Del Date says 31/10/20 on Select Site, but don't hold much weight to that.

Its only the reg number but got a little excited. Just bought cakes for everyone at work.....

Still need to install a cable for the charger to my garage - that has suddenly become priority this weekend. Charger going in at end of month.
(Snow, default opts, non-PP)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Save the date email came. You have 48 hours to spot it & confirm before it gets passed to someone else. I was offered Wednesday am or Thursday pm. That means less than a week from Order Received to Delivery (if it goes to plan). So keep checking those emails!
To be fair my original order dated 23rd July requested delivery on 19th October so they are only 2 days late.
Just a little more communication from Polestar/LeasePlan/Vanarama would have saved a lot of wasted time. I hope the rest of you get your deliveries moved forward & this batch of cars find the issues dwindling.
It goes without saying that my charger won't be installed in time 🤡
Hi Dave,

It might be too early to ask this, but would you go with Vanarama again? Looking back at the thread, the comms have been very poor, but they do seem to have a good deal on at present and I can feel myself getting drawn in by the price....next best I've found are synergy at over £50 more per month.

Excited for you btw, I'm only at the start of my ordering journey having hesitated for far too long.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #351
would you go with Vanarama again?
Good question. If you want the car soon I would call them first & ask for clarity on their 2-3 week delivery offer. If mine comes as promised they could argue it was 2-3 weeks from order acceptance. If it’s the cheapest deal you can find & that’s the only way you can get the car then go for it. But that saving you make may be reflected in the customer service.
btw now the order is going fine my emails are answered in under an hour! 🙄😄
Having test driven the P2 any other car would be a let down.
good luck& let me know what you do

·
Registered
12 Posts
Good question. If you want the car soon I would call them first & ask for clarity on their 2-3 week delivery offer. If mine comes as promised they could argue it was 2-3 weeks from order acceptance. If it’s the cheapest deal you can find & that’s the only way you can get the car then go for it. But that saving you make may be reflected in the customer service.
btw now the order is going fine my emails are answered in under an hour! 🙄😄
Having test driven the P2 any other car would be a let down.
good luck& let me know what you do
Thanks! Spoke to them the other day actually to quiz them on lead times. Unsurprisingly the quick delivery options are for black cars - targeted for fleet users I guess.

All other colours are looking like January, which ties in with the polestar website. Black not my first choice so pondering that one!

I'm glad they are being more responsive for you now (now that have something they can tell you!)

I suspect you are right about customer service, you get what you pay for. Keep you posted!

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #353
Today got 2 x reg numbers from Select Car.
Does the warranty start from the registration date? I’m sure Select know what they are doing, but it might be worth checking especially if delivery is still a little way off

·
Registered
12 Posts
Does the warranty start from the registration date? I’m sure Select know what they are doing, but it might be worth checking especially if delivery is still a little way off
@dave, a half related point about start dates. Chatting with a lease account manager today (at Synergy, who have confirmed they can match vanarama), I asked where I would stand on the polestar "you can hand it back within 14 days if you aren't happy" policy. He said that I would be covered by the sale of goods act i.e. if the car is a real lemon, but wouldn't be able to hand it back if I'd just changed my mind. Have you (or anyone else) had similar dialogue with your lease provider?

Lots of grey area in there for an argument, if you get a car that needs a few things fixing but perhaps not terminally poor.
I suppose this is the drawback with leasing as the lease company have to commit to the purchase.

They also said that my "order" date would start from the point that the initial paperwork was done and I'd signed the order form (as opposed to after being given a firm delivery date), which sounds different from your vanarama situation. My 14 day cooling off period would start at this point, as opposed to receiving the car (which could be 3 months+ later).

I think I've ready too many negative stories on here in the last day or so which are now giving me the wobbles, such as poor @toscal353 's woes:unsure:.

·
Registered
35 Posts
@dave, a half related point about start dates. Chatting with a lease account manager today (at Synergy, who have confirmed they can match vanarama), I asked where I would stand on the polestar "you can hand it back within 14 days if you aren't happy" policy. He said that I would be covered by the sale of goods act i.e. if the car is a real lemon, but wouldn't be able to hand it back if I'd just changed my mind. Have you (or anyone else) had similar dialogue with your lease provider?

Lots of grey area in there for an argument, if you get a car that needs a few things fixing but perhaps not terminally poor.
I suppose this is the drawback with leasing as the lease company have to commit to the purchase.

They also said that my "order" date would start from the point that the initial paperwork was done and I'd signed the order form (as opposed to after being given a firm delivery date), which sounds different from your vanarama situation. My 14 day cooling off period would start at this point, as opposed to receiving the car (which could be 3 months+ later).

I think I've ready too many negative stories on here in the last day or so which are now giving me the wobbles, such as poor @toscal353 's woes:unsure:.
I have ordered through Synergy (underwritten by Leaseplan) - my car is due to be delivered November (hopefully!). They've been pretty helpful but from what I've been told, once they place the order and the finance paperwork is done the whole process is then driven by Polestar (i.e. through the App/website).

·
Registered
398 Posts
I think I've ready too many negative stories on here in the last day or so which are now giving me the wobbles, such as poor @toscal353 's woes
It's easy to get distracted by a few negative posts. I think we got a lemon, but that could happen for any make and model, especially a launch car. For every car like mine i am sure there are many good ones out there, keep perspective!

For us it's not the problems with the car itself that worry me, it's more the total lack of concern and support from Polestar who clearly have no resourses in the UK and don't give a @~*%!

(FYI we just got the "stop safely 12v battery critical charging fault" message again having had the updates applied early October ... or did we....??)

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have ordered through Synergy (underwritten by Leaseplan) - my car is due to be delivered November (hopefully!). They've been pretty helpful but from what I've been told, once they place the order and the finance paperwork is done the whole process is then driven by Polestar (i.e. through the App/website).
Thanks. Synergy seem to receive good reviews, and have been v helpful so far. Not that they can do much if the comms dry up with polestar themselves!

·
Registered
148 Posts
@misterspam @yonder71 yeah after placing the order with my broker (financed by Leaseplan), I've just dealt directly with Polestar.

Reactions: yonder71
341 - 360 of 363 Posts