Polestar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I haven't been asked for a deposit
I think that was specified by the broker rather than the finance provider. Basically paying the £1000 up front to secure the order through Polestar which will then be refunded (less the admin fee) after delivery.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Just posted this elsewhere but relevant here, too.

I've been puzzled by lack of info on delivery but just had a call from my leasing broker, seems like some traditional lease funders have been in a stand-off with Polestar over financial terms, in my case they have had to switch funders. Seems clear to me why no-one was telling me anything. I'm awaiting confirmation on Monday that this has been sorted: I've told the broker if not then I will have to look at leasing direct from Polestar to 'cut the bull****'. My order was placed direct with Polestar so this is still an option.
Yes- that sounds about right. At least your broker has finally grown a pair & been upfront with you. My calls & emails are currently being ignored, but at some point we will need to lay our cards on the table.
Obtaining a new car shouldn't be this difficult!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Finally getting somewhere. I've been informed delivery will be October & the miscommunication between Polestar & Leaseplan about discounts caused the delay. All orders placed pre 24th July have been honoured with an additional cost of £20/month to cover the discount error. Vanarama have negotiated that down to £12/month.
Errors are inevitable sometimes but we the communication breaks down you really start to worry.
For anyone that hasn't placed a lease order yet in the UK I can recommend Chris Forecast at Plan Car Leasing in Essex. He has offered lots of info, replies promptly & was keenly priced

·
Registered
37 Posts
Finally getting somewhere. I've been informed delivery will be October & the miscommunication between Polestar & Leaseplan about discounts caused the delay. All orders placed pre 24th July have been honoured with an additional cost of £20/month to cover the discount error. Vanarama have negotiated that down to £12/month.
Errors are inevitable sometimes but we the communication breaks down you really start to worry.
For anyone that hasn't placed a lease order yet in the UK I can recommend Chris Forecast at Plan Car Leasing in Essex. He has offered lots of info, replies promptly & was keenly priced
That's good news. Have you now been able to open a Polestar a/c and see your order id and order date?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've just signed the lease agreement for my Polestar2 (as a company car), through WeVee acting as a broker for Leaseplan.

They said the estimated delivery is officially December but it might be sooner in practice. Excited now!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Leaseplan made a mistake first time round and they had to generate a new agreement form, but WeVee themselves were great. Price inc VAT works out similar to the Polestar configurator lease price (before all the company car tax breaks).

·
Registered
28 Posts
Similar story. Ordered in late July from Select with Lease Plan behind the scenes, and was told in early August about the c*ck up with delivery cost - some 750 quid. £20 added to monthly contract cost, but tbh, I was just too keen to take delivery at that point. I'm on ~£1440 up front and £481* a month for 10k miles and 3 years (* incl the extra £20). Two years went past a little too quickly on the last lease I had!

·
Registered
128 Posts
Just had the confirmation stuff through from ALD to sign. Word of advice - it helps to have an up to date credit report available to make sure you answer their verification questions correctly. So easy to forget exactly when you opened a mobile account, for example!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Just had the confirmation stuff through from ALD to sign. Word of advice - it helps to have an up to date credit report available to make sure you answer their verification questions correctly. So easy to forget exactly when you opened a mobile account, for example!
Yes...this. A mobile contract that I had for all of week (and totally forgot about) and a credit card that for whatever reason isn't showing on my credit file I think are what tripped me up.

There's now a Magnesium non-PP with black interior going to a lucky queue jumper...

·
Registered
128 Posts
Yes...this. A mobile contract that I had for all of week (and totally forgot about) and a credit card that for whatever reason isn't showing on my credit file I think are what tripped me up.

There's now a Magnesium non-PP with black interior going to a lucky queue jumper...
It really is outrageous that the only way to fix it is to cancel the order and start again! They should be able to immediately assign the same VIN to your new order.

·
Registered
50 Posts
They said they'd see if that was possible but that chap was pretty nonchalant, to be honest. Really odd they can't do any specific offline identity checks to override it. Never experienced this before... just joking with my other half that getting our remortgage was easier than this!

·
Registered
69 Posts
It really is outrageous that the only way to fix it is to cancel the order and start again! They should be able to immediately assign the same VIN to your new order.
I had the same issue as @skwark and I have done a reorder, I have been assured that the reserved car will be transferred from the original order onto the new one. Fingers crossed.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I had the same issue as @skwark and I have done a reorder, I have been assured that the reserved car will be transferred from the original order onto the new one. Fingers crossed.
Just glad I somehow managed to correctly answer the really ambiguous questions! When did you most recently take out a loan? What counts as a loan exactly? Is a TV purchased on interest free credit a loan or a credit card? Even then I think it depends who you get it from. When did you most recently open a current account? But if the current account doesn’t appear on my credit report, does that one count or not? It’s basically a guessing game!

·
Registered
69 Posts
@boakham
Yes I mentioned to ALD/Polestar that I could have answered more explicit questions, but the vagueness of them was my downfall
Mine was payment cards; I recently joined an online bank so I have a separate account for charging sessions and running costs, but obviously not on the report yet, and on mobile phones - hmm I have two, so which one?
I’m taking your advice and getting an Experian report (that’s who they use 😉) ready for my next attempt 🤞

·
Registered
50 Posts
Yes, in the middle of a busy day I wasn't prepared for a pop quiz on my credit accounts ranging from 8 years ago to today... ! I can barely remember what day it is, let alone what counts as a credit or store card etc... and when I've done these in the past they normally say you opened X, what is your credit limit... how much is left on your mortgage etc. so much less ambiguous. Oh well.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yep, it says they delivered the first 30 LeasePlan cars to customers in Brussels. Seems they are sprouting nicely now out of the factory and into customers' hands :).

Reactions: S1m0nc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all. I have leased directly with Polestar . Applied/Ordered middle of July and handover 22 September. They have sent the Car Reg and VIN number, though date of registration is 25 September ( after my handover date). Have insured through Admiral in UK.

The website and app are not really very up-to-date but they have picked up the phone within a few rings each time I have called up with any query. I've been driving the BMW i3 for almost 4 years and it is a cracking car in every which way. I hope the Polestar lives up to its reputation

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Hi all. I have leased directly with Polestar . Applied/Ordered middle of July and handover 22 September. They have sent the Car Reg and VIN number, though date of registration is 25 September ( after my handover date). Have insured through Admiral in UK.

The website and app are not really very up-to-date but they have picked up the phone within a few rings each time I have called up with any query. I've been driving the BMW i3 for almost 4 years and it is a cracking car in every which way. I hope the Polestar lives up to its reputation
I would have loved to order direct from Polestar but the deal from LeasePlan/Vanarama was so much cheaper. I guess you get the customer service you pay for.

21 - 40 of 182 Posts