Polestar Forum banner

401 - 420 of 443 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
So - please help - I know this is an old thread - but seemed the best place to put it.
I have two cars VIN 137xx - now showing as 'planned' (with option to book slot disabled). This appeared yesterday 9th Nov. The other is VIN 147xx - with nothing on the website.
After some perseverance I have now confirmed that the cars are still with Polestar.

Based on VIN numbers can anyone tell me where we are in the grand scheme of all things? i.e. what is your VIN, expected delivery, already delivered, etc. I want to create an average expectancy. OR is there somewhere i can just look this all up? People point me to the Shipping website, but the option to look them up seems to have gone.

Somebody please put me out my misery.......

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm in the same boat, been at the planned stage for 2 weeks now. I signed the lease papers 2 weeks on Friday and I'm expecting to see movement after that (apparently they have a 2 week cooling off post signature).

If I don't hear anything on Monday next week I'll be calling Polestar support and will be quite insistent on getting some further details. I've done everything as soon as I possibly could and I'm waiting for that date so that I can sell my current car and prepare accordingly. Even PodPoint have now come to the party and the home charger is booked in for the 26th November!

It's a very frustrating wait for sure...

EDIT: VIn Number is 113xx, got a registration and order number in the 189xx. Started my order at the end of September, so its only been a month for me, so I can't complain too much about the process, but I just want a delivery date now!

·
Registered
65 Posts
Mine was delivered yesterday and was VIN 114XX.

Here's my timeline of events from Polestar:
21st August: Order placed with lease company, finance documents signed by 25th August. Estimated delivery date of November.
25th September: Order confirmation email from Polestar
<at some point between these two dates I asked for a VIN and was given it so I could book my charger installation>
27th October: "Soon time for your Polestar 2 handover" and "Time to go down the checklist" emails from Polestar and my account now shows the 'details' page with 'book slot' greyed out.
30th October: "Save the date" email and I was offered either 9th AM or 10th PM in November. I chose the first.
9th November: Car delivered at 1pm.

While there might not have been much communication between August/end of October but the process was above the expectations they set out in their communications. The order confirmation email said I'd hear from them 4-6 weeks before handover but it was actually less than 2 weeks. The handover email said I would get to choose the date 2 weeks before delivery...that was pretty much spot on.

I know some people have had a pretty bad time with their deliveries - made worse by recalls and specific cases where things have gone wrong - but aside from some incognito periods, they've kept their promises and delivered as per the original estimates.

Edit: I would also point out the Polestar App was entirely useless - it only ever showed my order number and never anything useful. The website only showed the order number until the handover email on the 27th when the details page appeared. I didn't see my VIN or registration number until then either - even through I had been given my VIN weeks earlier through CS. So their IT systems are definitely up the wall.

·
Registered
88 Posts
There's still a huge amount of pot luck. My order was placed on 12th June and my VIN is 1102XXX. Had that and a reg number for many, many weeks. Got my 'Soon time for your Polestar 2 handover' email on 29th October, nothing since, so I called them to be told end November/ early December. I'm wondering if they prefer to recall/update already delivered cars rather than attend to my undelivered model which presumably is parked in a holding area somewhere.

·
Registered
Snow/Charcoal non PP
15 Posts
Thank you @misterspam , that is interesting. Has anybody else with VIN 14xxx or higher had theirs delivered? This gives me some hope that @AngloDude and I may be due sooner than we think.
I've got a VIN 06xx and my status has been stuck at "no orders planned" on the Polestar website for more than 2 weeks. According to the agent I spoke to, ALD have not released the funds yet, theyr'e still in discussions with Polestar over something :rolleyes:. Getting a bit peed off :mad:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Thank you @misterspam , that is interesting. Has anybody else with VIN 14xxx or higher had theirs delivered? This gives me some hope that @AngloDude and I may be due sooner than we think.
Yes I'm hoping that ours are in the country and just waiting for the OTA updates to be carried out before shipping on to us. I think our VINs are too high to need the recall work doing to them, so hopefully that isn't the reason why they are delaying the delivery

·
Registered
203 Posts
My car was delivered 14th September, ordered back in May. I had a VIN number at some time, took not much notice of that, didn't know what VIN mean, other than maybe some kind of wine nomenclature. It went into planning in August and was there for a good 4 weeks. Got a call and car was delivered a week later. It was a purchase, not a lease. Leases appear to have caused some delays.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #409
For anyone that has their leased car, when was your 1st payment taken?
I received my car 21st October & have yet to pay a penny. I would have expected the initial rental fee to have been taken immediately.
Obviously I'm not going to contact them to ask. A free car is so much more pleasurable to drive! Anyone else slipped through the cracks?

·
Registered
177 Posts
I received my car 21st October & have yet to pay a penny. I would have expected the initial rental fee to have been taken immediately.
Obviously I'm not going to contact them to ask. A free car is so much more pleasurable to drive! Anyone else slipped through the cracks?
I believe its the next full month after delivery, so you should have specified a preferred payment day (mine is 28th). So you should get billed sometime this month. Check your bank as the DD should be set up now

·
Registered
351 Posts
@dave Car delivered 26th Oct. Leaseplan took the 6 month advance payment on the 11th Nov (I can see this has indeed come out of our business bank account already). According to the invoice, the first monthly payment will come out on 26th Nov

·
Registered
23 Posts
I’m leasing with ALD Automotive/ Polestar Leasing. Initial rental fee was taken 2-3 weeks ago, when I signed the final lease agreement. Still no car, so I’m watching carefully to make sure they don’t automatically take my first monthly payment before I have a car.

·
Registered
Midnight Charcoal non-PP Towbar
36 Posts
My lease company told me that deliveries are tending to be 2-3 weeks after the car arrives in the country.. I am currently doubting this timeframe as that would mean mine is being delivered next week, but I still haven't had the 'save the date' email...

·
Registered
177 Posts
I'm with ALD direct, paid the 6 months at the end of October, heard nothing from then until last Friday and got 2 date options, Thursday or Friday this week! So it does happen quickly, but there is usually 2-3 weeks of silence from paying the initial lease payment to movement.

A good thing that I saw on the lease papers was the car would be initially registered on the 14th November, so as I got the email the day before that, it could be a reasonable pointer to the delivery?

·
Registered
23 Posts
A good thing that I saw on the lease papers was the car would be initially registered on the 14th November, so as I got the email the day before that, it could be a reasonable pointer to the delivery?
My leasing document says the car was registered on 20 October, and there’s still no indication that it’s heading in my direction, so this may not be a reliable indicator.

In exciting news, the Polestar website updated this afternoon. There’s now a nice little map to show me where my car will be delivered. No car, or car location, of course... but at least I now know where my house is.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #416
So a bit of a mixed bag really in terms of initial payment collection. If I can get to the end of November without even paying the initial rental fee I'll be pleased!
At least my broker is consistent- slow to give me info both when I was awaiting the car & collecting their payment!

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #417
My leasing document says the car was registered on 20 October, and there’s still no indication that it’s heading in my direction, so this may not be a reliable indicator.

In exciting news, the Polestar website updated this afternoon. There’s now a nice little map to show me where my car will be delivered. No car, or car location, of course... but at least I now know where my house is.
Don't panic it's coming very soon

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter #419
Do you promise ? o_O
I didn't have any proof that my order was live until about 10 days before delivery. No Polestar id even. Then once the ball got rolling it was daily updates.
Back in my day 👨‍🦳 Leaseplan were at a standoff with Polestar, Vanarama were negotiating down hidden shipping cost increases with Leaseplan. You youngsters don't know how lucky you are these days with your up to date software 👴

·
Registered
2021 Polestar 2
239 Posts
@dave agree with others here, first full month after delivery and as per your specified date. Mine is coming next Weds and I don’t expect to pay first months rental until 28th December. I have already paid my initial 3 months which I had to do with PS and ALD to get things moving.

I am sure your free driving days will soon be numbered!

401 - 420 of 443 Posts