Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am going to become a polestar 2 driver in the hopefully not too far future as I have had an order placed for me as my company car. I got caught in the government withdrawal (what unlucky timing) which put the whole thing in jeopardy due to bring out of my range but thankfully my company allowed me to increase my cap to get it.
The car was ordered on Wednesday and I can't wait to get it now. At the time the website said estimate of a July delivery and my lease company have said polestar has said it could be September ( I hope it will be sooner than that) but I looked yesterday and polestar are not taking any new orders for the UK currently. I would have thought the withdrawal of the grant would make more cars available due to others not being as lucky as me but it seems this has had the opposite affect. Does anyone know what is happening or how long they have been told from a recent order?

Thanks for the help.

·
Super Moderator
1,019 Posts
I wonder if they're in the process of switching over from the fully loaded 'launch' models to the new versions where you can pick the powertrain and then add the various packs (Pilot, Plus, Performance etc.)

The leasing companies have been aware of this for some time now because on some of their configurators, you can choose the model.

That said, other Euro countries are still accepting orders... so maybe not...

·
Registered
Void, Slate, Non-PP on 20's
41 Posts
I'm in a similar position. I have signed all the forms with the lease company my employer has chosen on Friday, but don't know if the order has been placed by the lease company yet! I noticed 8 pre-configured models were available on the website Friday, but when I looked again yesterday they have all disappeared and now orders being taken in UK! I really hope I haven't missed the window and now face a longer wait. I will be chasing the lease company first thing tomorrow.

I had wondered if this was anything to do with the Suez Canal blockage.

Jonathan

·
Registered
759 Posts
Delivery

Due to the high demand for Polestar 2, we’re currently unable to process new orders. Click "When can I order my Polestar 2" to be notified when we’re ready for your order.

More information

When ordering a brand new Polestar 2, you can expect 16 to 20 weeks of delivery time before the car is handed over to you.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I wonder how many of them are stuck waiting for the Suez Canal to get unclogged (seems like that would be the route that cars would take from Chengdu to the UK/EEA...)

Reactions: toscal353

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
I suspect demand is higher than they planned for and there's also a computer chip shortage now, right? Plus the Geely production may be hampered by competing models they're trying to ramp up.

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,293 Posts
I think it's simply that they can't supply them fast enough so it doesn't make sense to release the lesser models, if you can shift the more expensive models as fast as you can make them. If they're out to nearly 6 month waiting time then it's pointless taking new orders. That combined with the global semiconductor shortage means it makes complete sense for them to pause orders.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, I am going to become a polestar 2 driver in the hopefully not too far future as I have had an order placed for me as my company car. I got caught in the government withdrawal (what unlucky timing) which put the whole thing in jeopardy due to bring out of my range but thankfully my company allowed me to increase my cap to get it.
The car was ordered on Wednesday and I can't wait to get it now. At the time the website said estimate of a July delivery and my lease company have said polestar has said it could be September ( I hope it will be sooner than that) but I looked yesterday and polestar are not taking any new orders for the UK currently. I would have thought the withdrawal of the grant would make more cars available due to others not being as lucky as me but it seems this has had the opposite affect. Does anyone know what is happening or how long they have been told from a recent order?

Thanks for the help.
Hi,
I ordered mine through a lease company just before the grant got cut. Last Sunday I received an email from polestar confirming my order saying estimated delivery of august. I called the lease company who have confirmed that it’s still on course for my original may estimate and that they had actually received an email specifically about mine saying possibly April but still expect may. I don’t know where I stand now with the blocked canal.
I don’t know if the lease company are just telling me the earlier date so I don’t cancel the order or if polestars estimate is completely inaccurate. Can anyone shed any light on that?

·
Registered
18 Posts

Thanks for the help.
I am in exactly the same position, papers arrived to sign from the lease company on the morning the grant was cut and then the lease offer was withdrawn. Car is via a salary sacrifice scheme so had to wait for re-approval as the cost had increased above the threshold, new paperwork due tomorrow or Tuesday for signature but now not sure what will happen. Last thing I need is another price increase for a car with all the 'toys' included if they are moving to MY22 and stopping building the special launch edition, I was even considering the Moon pre-configured car on Friday even though preferred colour is Midnight but no pre configured cars are listed anymore.

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
I think the only other RHD markets are Japan, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea (aside from a few random ones like Malta and Cyprus I think?) And I think they don't yet sell the Polestar in any of those? So once the UK's allocation is, well, allocated... that's it.

If I were Polestar, I'd just keep offering the same combination of editions that they have at the moment for the UK. It's selling strongly, waiting times are long, the price is high and exclusivity (and waiting lists) is keeping second hand prices high. Dream combination for a car manufacturer. Why would you sell models that make you less profit?

·
Registered
299 Posts
I think the only other RHD markets are Japan, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea (aside from a few random ones like Malta and Cyprus I think?
I think you just missed accounting for ~20% of the world's population who are RHD. 🙂

·
Premium Member
2,293 Posts
I think you just missed accounting for ~20% of the world's population who are RHD. 🙂
But do Polestar sell cars to any RHD countries apart from the UK...?

1 - 20 of 134 Posts