Polestar Forum banner

21 - 40 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
Void, Slate, Non-PP on 20's
41 Posts
And this morning the lease company says polestar have rejected the order!

·
Registered
69 Posts
And this morning the lease company says polestar have rejected the order!
Damn

There's a post in the Polestar 2 facebook group saying that lease companies are now offering the other, smaller battery option, as well as optional pilot pack... but I can't see if on any of the major sites

·
Registered
41 Posts
Damn

There's a post in the Polestar 2 facebook group saying that lease companies are now offering the other, smaller battery option, as well as optional pilot pack... but I can't see if on any of the major sites
I am really pissed off. I was going to place an order in January, but the lease quote came in higher than I was originally expecting (I work for a start-up so the interest was higher than we had originally been led to believe). I sat on it whilst I figured out if I could afford it at the higher level. I decide I can, and then Polestar have put up their prices. I think again, then the government takes away the grant, but that didn't actually matter as my car was just over the £50k previous limit anyway. Now Polestar have stopped taking orders! It is like someone is trying to tell me something!

Ah well, maybe I'll end up with an i4 after all! I had spent the weekend all revved up with the idea of having a lovely Polestar!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Response from Lease Company is now that the model I have ordered won't be valid anymore as it is going to be an updated 2022 model. So you can't order something is available, but somehow I can order something that isn't available?! What on earth are Polestar playing at!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I signed my lease agreement this morning so waiting for the 'sorry we can't order that car' call. Looking at what was reported on a non-UK forum the new price for the equivalent spec will be higher so it is then a decision to think about 2WD with similar spec to MY21 car or 4WD with some options missing but if options are just the current packs then to get what I consider essential will require both of the current packs. The only positive would be if the residual value was calculated higher on the new MY22 model then that may mean lease costs may not increase by much.

Maybe something is suggesting I shouldn't get this car!

Let's see what happens in the next few days.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I don't mind RWD only, but if the battery is going to be smaller then that is a deal breaker for me.

·
Registered
Still waiting ! Midnight / Charcoal Non pp
6 Posts
Hi, I am going to become a polestar 2 driver in the hopefully not too far future as I have had an order placed for me as my company car. I got caught in the government withdrawal (what unlucky timing) which put the whole thing in jeopardy due to bring out of my range but thankfully my company allowed me to increase my cap to get it.
The car was ordered on Wednesday and I can't wait to get it now. At the time the website said estimate of a July delivery and my lease company have said polestar has said it could be September ( I hope it will be sooner than that) but I looked yesterday and polestar are not taking any new orders for the UK currently. I would have thought the withdrawal of the grant would make more cars available due to others not being as lucky as me but it seems this has had the opposite affect. Does anyone know what is happening or how long they have been told from a recent order?

Thanks for the help.
Hi. Mine is also a company lease order. Confirmed on the 2nd February, and I'm showing July (and has done from the start). So, I would of thought Septemeber does sound likely for you.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I have had confirmation from my lease company and polestar that the car is ordered. So lucky for me at least I am getting one. The wait will be painful but not as painful as not getting one at all. I was worried that if this fell through that I might not be able to get it in my company car price range as I got one off permission to go over my cap due to the grant withdrawal.

Thanks for all your input guys and I feel bad for those that can't get one now as it is likely the price to spec it to this standard will be more than it currently is.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Not just the UK now. Other European sites when try to place an order show 1st Edition unavailable and take you to whatever pre-configured cars are available.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Not a huge amount more helpful but something (this is virtually the first couple of tweets I have ever sent - that demonstrates my frustration with this!)
Just had this exchange on their website chat. Not entirely reassuring. 🙄 I was poised to buy 10 days ago, but just missed the deadline.

I'm just looking for some reassurance that when they do become available to buy again, that the pricing on the dual motor model will be what is currently on your website?

** Not a problem. We expect this to be in the coming weeks. We will be in touch the second it's back up.

Just that there are some rumours around that the packs which are currently included will be come chargeable.

...adding 8K to the price

**We expect to see some changes. However, I can't confirm these just yet, if you sign up to the link attached, we will be in touch the moment orders begin again -Sign up for configurator
**This is all being finalised as we speak. Please be assured that there will be changes.
**However, we will notify you of these.

but the prices on your website now - they will be honoured?

**Unfortunately I can't confirm this, I do apologise.

That is very concerning.

**However, all orders are currently not going ahead so there won't be a need for it to be honoured. Please be assured that there is nothing to be concerned about and all changes I'm sure everybody will like.

**I hope that helps, is there anything else I can help with today?

So the pricing you currently have on the website for the dual motor with both packs should be the same? I know there will be a rear wheel drive model with two battery options, but it was the one currently on the website which I was wanting to buy.

**I'm really sorry about this, Chris. Unfortunately I can't confirm what the new pricing will be if there is any changes. However, once the website is fully updated, this will be live to see.

Surely then you should remove the pricing from the website, or indicate that it may change? I think it would be a violation of the trades descriptions act to offer a product, offer customers a notification service when available - but then to change the pricing? Could you check for me please?

**This would not be a violation as we are currently not taking orders right now. Please be assured that all the relevant information will be on our website in due course.

That isn't reassuring. Such a shame.

**I do apologise about this, is there anything else I can help with today?

Are you OK if I post this conversation into the Polestar user forums? I think potential customers should be aware.

**That is completely your choice, Chris. All of the relevant information will be on our website in due course as well as the ordering status.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think that conversation basically went entirely as expected. They're not going to commit to anything now.
I know - probably just venting a bit of frustration/impatience. I’ll put my hope in the “changes which I’m sure everyone will like” comment. More choice is great. An 8K price hike on top of the government grant loss would be less so! 🙃

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,436 Posts
I know - probably just venting a bit of frustration/impatience. I’ll put my hope in the “changes which I’m sure everyone will like” comment. More choice is great. An 8K price hike on top of the government grant loss would be less so! 🙃
I feel your frustration. I'd be sulking worse than any teenager.
Have all the Pre-Config cars been removed/sold?

21 - 40 of 134 Posts