Polestar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
Void, Slate, Non-PP on 20's
41 Posts
I have tried to get my lease company to buy the pre-config car that appeared this morning for me. It has gone again and I have no idea yet if they got it for me - at the minute I fear they missed it.

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,293 Posts
Apparently yes, it's heated, to try and keep the camera and sensors clear from ice in Winter.

·
Registered
41 Posts
I have tried to get my lease company to buy the pre-config car that appeared this morning for me. It has gone again and I have no idea yet if they got it for me - at the minute I fear they missed it.
Yep, they missed it, 2hrs to get all the paperwork resigned. If another comes along I will try and be quicker out of the blocks :-(

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
Apparently yes, it's heated, to try and keep the camera and sensors clear from ice in Winter.
I'm sure this was the plan, but I'm not sure it was ever implemented. I recall a video where a guy used a thermal camera and this part of the grill barely registered as any different than the rest.

·
Registered
153 Posts
So I called support to ask a few things and whilst there asked when ordering would be re-enabled in the UK. She said probably towards the end of April and it would be the next model year and yes they are expecting to have a heat pump option.

·
Registered
41 Posts
So I called support to ask a few things and whilst there asked when ordering would be re-enabled in the UK. She said probably towards the end of April and it would be the next model year and yes they are expecting to have a heat pump option.
I note the word option! More money with heat pump? Current price without - could we be so lucky?

·
Registered
276 Posts
I wonder if there will be a heat pump retrofit option for the launch edition... probably not, sigh.

Reactions: Ms. PS2

·
Registered
2021 2
2,085 Posts
I wonder if there will be a heat pump retrofit option for the launch edition... probably not, sigh.
I believe they confirmed that launch edition cars would not be retrofittable for the heat pump.
I do hold out hope that if battery tech makes a leap we could retrofit in a super-duper-battery - but that's been flamed about that already so won't rehash that...

·
Registered
65 Posts
I do wish Polestar would be more candid about their roadmap, statuses and overall progress. Introduction of a heatpump, real world effects debatable, would have a significant impact on residual value in nordic countries, and possibly other regions.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
12 Posts
We ordered Polestar 2 via a business lease about 10 days before the loss of the government grant. The lease company have been very good and all the paperwork was completed and submitted well beforehand, the Polestar website was still taking orders and there were a number of pre configured cars still available. For the last 4 weeks Polestar have not (apparently) been responding to the lease company questions regarding the order. Initially we were told that Polestar would send us a link to complete the order of the vehicle etc but it never arrived. Has anyone else had any joy with a business contract lease recently?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Our lease was signed on the 10th March and went straight to Polestar. There were several pre-configured cars available at the time that we hoped we might get but as of now, because Polestar don't seem willing to communicate with either the lease company or us, we think that the lease may not be honoured. Hope yours comes through Jasper 🤞

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry to hear that @Griz. Probably doesn't help how you're feeling, but we've got handover scheduled for tomorrow morning, all going well. Hope you manage to sort it out.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We ordered Polestar 2 via a business lease about 10 days before the loss of the government grant. The lease company have been very good and all the paperwork was completed and submitted well beforehand, the Polestar website was still taking orders and there were a number of pre configured cars still available. For the last 4 weeks Polestar have not (apparently) been responding to the lease company questions regarding the order. Initially we were told that Polestar would send us a link to complete the order of the vehicle etc but it never arrived. Has anyone else had any joy with a business contract lease recently?
I placed my order in mid March and received confirmation of the order from polestar on 23rd March. As far as I’m aware there has been no change to this. The only uncertainty is polestars confirmation said estimated delivery is august but the lease company are saying April/may. Maybe that means they managed to secure a pre configured one for me but no one seems to tell you anything

·
Registered
12 Posts
We've asked the lease company for an update (again) and we're awaiting a reply. The lease company get some rave reviews online so we can only presume that somehow Polestar 'dropped the ball' with our lease. To add insult to injury about 200 yards from our house a neighbour had one delivered in the past week and it looks superb 😢.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I think the only other RHD markets are Japan, Australia, New Zealand and South Korea (aside from a few random ones like Malta and Cyprus I think?) And I think they don't yet sell the Polestar in any of those? So once the UK's allocation is, well, allocated... that's it.

If I were Polestar, I'd just keep offering the same combination of editions that they have at the moment for the UK. It's selling strongly, waiting times are long, the price is high and exclusivity (and waiting lists) is keeping second hand prices high. Dream combination for a car manufacturer. Why would you sell models that make you less profit?
There are plenty of other countries where driving is on the left and vehicles have right hand drive: India, Indonesia, Pakistan and Bangladesh to name four big ones, and Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei and the Republic of Ireland. But they had no Polestar sales organisation when I last looked.

41 - 60 of 134 Posts