Polestar Forum banner

61 - 80 of 134 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
There are plenty of other countries where driving is on the left and vehicles have right hand drive: India, Indonesia, Pakistan and Bangladesh to name four big ones, and Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei and the Republic of Ireland. But they had no Polestar sales organisation when I last looked.

·
Registered
65 Posts
There are plenty of other countries where driving is on the left and vehicles have right hand drive: India, Indonesia, Pakistan and Bangladesh to name four big ones, and Singapore, Malaysia, Brunei and the Republic of Ireland. But they had no Polestar sales organisation when I last looked.
Not to mention Japan. But I suspect Japanese and Sino relations are not the best these days.

·
Registered
18 Posts
My lease, via a company salary sacrifice, which I signed last Tuesday has also been confirmed today. The lease company sent an update confirming the order and a delivery date from Polestar stating "not before 31st May". I wonder if I have been allocated a cancelled order, spec is midnight blue, 19 inch standard wheels.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've been lurking around since I placed my order in late February (Void with PP), soaking up all the information provided (which is great). I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas, the only problem being I don't know how many more "sleeps" I got :cautious:

I came across this today with details and prices of the 2022 variants.

The plus pack is £4000 and the pilot £3000
The PP is only available on the the 78kWh dual motor at £5000

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi, I am going to become a polestar 2 driver in the hopefully not too far future as I have had an order placed for me as my company car. I got caught in the government withdrawal (what unlucky timing) which put the whole thing in jeopardy due to bring out of my range but thankfully my company allowed me to increase my cap to get it.
The car was ordered on Wednesday and I can't wait to get it now. At the time the website said estimate of a July delivery and my lease company have said polestar has said it could be September ( I hope it will be sooner than that) but I looked yesterday and polestar are not taking any new orders for the UK currently. I would have thought the withdrawal of the grant would make more cars available due to others not being as lucky as me but it seems this has had the opposite affect. Does anyone know what is happening or how long they have been told from a recent order?

Thanks for the help.
I wanted to give my story on the polestar 2. I originally accepted a contract hire quote on 3rd March, After chasing the lease company I found out that ALD said the company i work for had failed the credit check (I work for a very successful multi national brand, so not a chance it would fail). On the 15th March it finally passed the credit check. On the 17th March the lease company place the order with ALD the day before the grant removal. Since then I've been in daily contact with the lease company to see if my order was accepted but still nothing from Polestar. I've seen chaser emails from both the lease company to ALD and emails from ALD to Polestar but nothing back from Polestar for 3 weeks. All I wanted to know was that my order was accepted and an eta..!
Today I made the decision to cut my losses, so I've ordered a BMW IX3, the deal was arranged in two phone calls and two emails through a main dealer. The car will be delivered 2nd week in September, Polestar have a lot to learn from the big boys. Dealing with Polestar is possibly the worst experience I've had in life.

I wish you all the best with your Polestars and I'm actually gutted I'll not get to driving one but all I wanted to know was if my order was accepted and when the car would be delivered.

My thoughts on the delayed responses is that the cars are going to increase in price and the 28 days will pass from 17th March for government rebate so ALD will not honour the quote.

Best of luck with cars and really hope the after service is better than the sales service.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I wanted to give my story on the polestar 2. I originally accepted a contract hire quote on 3rd March, After chasing the lease company I found out that ALD said the company i work for had failed the credit check (I work for a very successful multi national brand, so not a chance it would fail). On the 15th March it finally passed the credit check. On the 17th March the lease company place the order with ALD the day before the grant removal. Since then I've been in daily contact with the lease company to see if my order was accepted but still nothing from Polestar. I've seen chaser emails from both the lease company to ALD and emails from ALD to Polestar but nothing back from Polestar for 3 weeks. All I wanted to know was that my order was accepted and an eta..!
Today I made the decision to cut my losses, so I've ordered a BMW IX3, the deal was arranged in two phone calls and two emails through a main dealer. The car will be delivered 2nd week in September, Polestar have a lot to learn from the big boys. Dealing with Polestar is possibly the worst experience I've had in life.

I wish you all the best with your Polestars and I'm actually gutted I'll not get to driving one but all I wanted to know was if my order was accepted and when the car would be delivered.

My thoughts on the delayed responses is that the cars are going to increase in price and the 28 days will pass from 17th March for government rebate so ALD will not honour the quote.

Best of luck with cars and really hope the after service is better than the sales service.
That story sounds horribly similar to ours. We ordered on the 9/10th March through Car Leasing Made Simple (CLMS) and were told to expect an order link and reference from Polestar within a few days. Nothing happened and we were told not to worry. Eventually, after a lot of chasing, recently we were passed an email trail showing that CLMS had sent the order to ALD on the 11th March but ALD did not open it until the 17th March and then only after being chased by CLMS.

We have seen no proof that ALD ever sent the order to Polestar so now we don't know if ALD failed or Polestar failed but the bottom line is Polestar have no order from CLMS/ALD or us. Car Leasing Made Simple are now asking us to just hold on and we 'should' still get a car but can offer no actual proof i.e. a Polestar order, that we are going to get one.

Ascarg, did you stay with the same lease company?

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,436 Posts
That story sounds horribly similar to ours. We ordered on the 9/10th March through Car Leasing Made Simple (CLMS) and were told to expect an order link and reference from Polestar within a few days. Nothing happened and we were told not to worry. Eventually, after a lot of chasing, recently we were passed an email trail showing that CLMS had sent the order to ALD on the 11th March but ALD did not open it until the 17th March and then only after being chased by CLMS.

We have seen no proof that ALD ever sent the order to Polestar so now we don't know if ALD failed or Polestar failed but the bottom line is Polestar have no order from CLMS/ALD or us. Car Leasing Made Simple are now asking us to just hold on and we 'should' still get a car but can offer no actual proof i.e. a Polestar order, that we are going to get one.

Unfortunately this is the way it’s always been. I ordered in July & had no official confirmation until October, 2 weeks before delivery. Requires a lot of trust in an something you can’t see. Like a cult.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Unfortunately this is the way it’s always been. I ordered in July & had no official confirmation until October, 2 weeks before delivery. Requires a lot of trust in an something you can’t see. Like a cult.
It bizarre that it seems the majority of people get a confirmation of an order from Polestar but a few people get nothing at all, what sort of system is that? We just find it very hard to believe when Polestar themselves are saying we don't have an order with them. It's not Polestar saying we should just hold on and hope, it's the leasing company who presumably would rather we held on so they don't lose commission in the somewhat vain hope that a car is allocated.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Yes, but once you have been through the lengthy initiation ceremony you get to drink from the golden chalice. You could be our Head Buffalo.

·
Registered
153 Posts
I've been lurking around since I placed my order in late February (Void with PP), soaking up all the information provided (which is great). I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas, the only problem being I don't know how many more "sleeps" I got :cautious:

View attachment 4837

Got a link? This maybe - Polestar Polestar 2 Car Leasing Offers | Gateway2Lease

·
Registered
14 Posts

The polestar lease was actually through CLMS (they should probably change their name because it has been far from simple). I got the new lease direct with BMW and only because they have build slots for June so I'll get one of the first cars in the UK. If only Polestar had comms like this..!
It is ridiculous that some people get confirmation of orders and others don't, what system is that, and there's only so many times I can ask have they confirmed the order.

I'll be very interested to see what happens about your order, I hope you a get a car and they honour the price.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
2,837 Posts
Bummer, Ascarg, but I bet you end up loving the BMW. Don't be a stranger and do let us know about the new wheels when you get them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Update.. I've just had a call from Polestar CS. We are going to get our car :). Various issues regarding the removal of the government grant and changing from 2021 to 2022 model years caused a delay which Polestar have been working to clear with what sounds like a small team. Fantastic news and very good of Polestar CS to have reached out to us. We will have to wait until August but we were always willing to wait!

·
Registered
Void, Slate, Non-PP on 20's
41 Posts
Update.. I've just had a call from Polestar CS. We are going to get our car :). Various issues regarding the removal of the government grant and changing from 2021 to 2022 model years caused a delay which Polestar have been working to clear with what sounds like a small team. Fantastic news and very good of Polestar CS to have reached out to us. We will have to wait until August but we were always willing to wait!
Thank goodness for that, I'm sure you're very relieved, well done :).

·
Registered
720 Posts

View attachment 4837

Supposedly the 22s are launching next week. Looks like someone pulled the trigger a little early on their site updates.

·
Registered
14 Posts
So I've had an update on my car now! My order was accepted last night. I now need to see if I can get out of the BMW lease..! I'm sure I'll have a 14 day cooling off period plus I've not actually signed the agreement yet..! Hopefully it'll just be an email and fingers crossed CLMS haven't cancelled my order with Polestar..! From one problem to another..!

61 - 80 of 134 Posts