Polestar Forum banner
141 - 160 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
That’s great news! I wish I could say the same but unfortunately I’m know further forward with mine. Still just showing confirmed and getting a 404 message still. I left the leasing company for a couple of weeks to escalate further up the polestar chain regarding my delivery but after contacting them this week it appears they are getting no joy still either.

now polestar are giving test drives again I’m in two minds whether to go and actually drive one. I can’t decide if it’ll make the wait harder as I would have experienced being in one or it’ll kill some of the anticipation
It'll make it worse, but no one will blame you for doing it 😁

·
Registered
30 Posts
My order update seems trivial given everyone's problems with the latest OTA fiasco. To all those who've ended up with bricked cars (some of you for a second time) you have my sympathy and I hope it works out ok for you all as soon as possible.

Yesterday I noticed that the account area of the app now shows two Void cars! Weird! Happy to receive two cars as long as I don't have to pay for two 🤣. I decided to check the website and I now have an order in the orders section, but with a different order number. I clicked the details button and ended up with the 404 error page again. 10 minutes later the new order number had changed to Status: Planned, and the details button was now marked Continue. Clicking that takes me to a page called Delivery, with my name and address, map with a pin on my village, and a VIN! Hooray. Interestingly, there is also an estimated delivery of May (@dave was right again it seems). So it looks like the car is in country and with the delivery team to be prepped for delivery. There is a greyed out button at the bottom of the page marked Accepted date and time so hopefully soon I will get the magic email and if lucky a delivery before the end of the month. Hooray 😀.
My order update seems trivial given everyone's problems with the latest OTA fiasco. To all those who've ended up with bricked cars (some of you for a second time) you have my sympathy and I hope it works out ok for you all as soon as possible.

Yesterday I noticed that the account area of the app now shows two Void cars! Weird! Happy to receive two cars as long as I don't have to pay for two 🤣. I decided to check the website and I now have an order in the orders section, but with a different order number. I clicked the details button and ended up with the 404 error page again. 10 minutes later the new order number had changed to Status: Planned, and the details button was now marked Continue. Clicking that takes me to a page called Delivery, with my name and address, map with a pin on my village, and a VIN! Hooray. Interestingly, there is also an estimated delivery of May (@dave was right again it seems). So it looks like the car is in country and with the delivery team to be prepped for delivery. There is a greyed out button at the bottom of the page marked Accepted date and time so hopefully soon I will get the magic email and if lucky a delivery before the end of the month. Hooray 😀.
Good news, you should get your car very soon (in polestar terms). A similar thing happened to me, I had a complaint escalated within Polestar and they managed to source me a car very quickly. I must say hats off to Polestar because I doubt any other car company would have done what they did for me. Anyway they swapped my order to a preconfigure stock car but it needed a new order number, I'm guessing the same thing happened to you. The original order should get deleted (contact them if it doesn't), my guess is you will get to choose a delivery date in 10 days time and then take delivery 10 days later. I got mine yesterday and I'm really impressed with it..! Its a great car and a great company.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My lease company is reporting 24weeks to delivery if ordered now. Not sure if my sanity could last that long!!

·
Registered
Void, Slate, Non-PP on 19's
125 Posts
My lease company is reporting 24weeks to delivery if ordered now. Not sure if my sanity could last that long!!
Your only chance for something faster is to do what I did and get your lease company to take a pre-configured car. I had to compromise on what I wanted, but got one on the second try. I lost the first one because the lease company were too slow and it had gone by the time they put the order in. The second time they were much better organised. Be quick though, some of the cars go in a matter of hours, the more expensive variants (PP and/or Barley interior) can hang around for a couple of days.

But if you want heat pump or the two wheel drive variants then you have no choice of course other than to wait :(

·
Registered
25 Posts
That’s great news! I wish I could say the same but unfortunately I’m know further forward with mine. Still just showing confirmed and getting a 404 message still. I left the leasing company for a couple of weeks to escalate further up the polestar chain regarding my delivery but after contacting them this week it appears they are getting no joy still either.

now polestar are giving test drives again I’m in two minds whether to go and actually drive one. I can’t decide if it’ll make the wait harder as I would have experienced being in one or it’ll kill some of the anticipation
My delivery date has actually come forward a few weeks (Midnight Special Edition no PP, 19" wheels), was meant to be sometime in September but had an email from my lease company which said that the new estiamted date is for the car to arrive in the UK on 3rd August and will be delivered 7 to 10 days after this date. No VIN allocated yet but the lease company stated that they were going to provide fortnighly progress updates relating to the delivery date.

·
Registered
76 Posts
My order is still reporting 24 weeks. By the time I get mine it'll be facelifted :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #149 ·
Really pleased for all that have had thier cars or have a deliver soon.
My journey has not been so successful as yet. I got past the removal of the grant issue with my company allowing me to make up the difference, then had the usual with the lease company telling me polestar will deal with me direct and polestar telling me that they will only deal with the lease company as they are the owners. Got a guesstimate of September for delivery (placed the order late march) but two weeks ago got a call from the lease company saying if I didn't mind changing from slate interior to charcoal that I could get one much sooner. This to me perhaps meant the car was built and that I would get a much sooner delivery. My lease company have now said that delivery is estimated as August but nothing in stone. I don't have any I'd number or anything from polestar but I am hoping that out of the blue I get an email soon saying its coming in a few weeks. Know it will be worth it in the end but this is honestly the most in the dark I have been on a car purchase ever and I hope that it is not the future state of all manufacturers. The spec I have ordered is all standard. Void with standard wheels. Fingers crossed that I get something soon.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Really pleased for all that have had thier cars or have a deliver soon.
My journey has not been so successful as yet. I got past the removal of the grant issue with my company allowing me to make up the difference, then had the usual with the lease company telling me polestar will deal with me direct and polestar telling me that they will only deal with the lease company as they are the owners. Got a guesstimate of September for delivery (placed the order late march) but two weeks ago got a call from the lease company saying if I didn't mind changing from slate interior to charcoal that I could get one much sooner. This to me perhaps meant the car was built and that I would get a much sooner delivery. My lease company have now said that delivery is estimated as August but nothing in stone. I don't have any I'd number or anything from polestar but I am hoping that out of the blue I get an email soon saying its coming in a few weeks. Know it will be worth it in the end but this is honestly the most in the dark I have been on a car purchase ever and I hope that it is not the future state of all manufacturers. The spec I have ordered is all standard. Void with standard wheels. Fingers crossed that I get something soon.
Bought a car in the US and the dealer apologized that it was going to take 11 days because of the combination of options I choose. Bought my next car in Europe and waited 11 months for delivery ...

·
Registered
76 Posts
Bought a car in the US and the dealer apologized that it was going to take 11 days because of the combination of options I choose. Bought my next car in Europe and waited 11 months for delivery ...
There are all sorts of weird quirks in play with deliveries.
In the UK it is often cheaper and faster for me to get something from the USA than it is to get something from a UK warehouse about 50 miles up the road.

Even worse than this, in my field certain technologies are shipped out of the country, and it is cheaper to get them brought back into the country than direct from suppliers. :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Joel S.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Got my VIN today - car is estimated to be in the UK on 23rd August and delivery in early September, slipped back to original delivery date from what was reported two weeks ago. VIN is in the 27xxx range

·
Registered
Void, Slate, Non-PP on 19's
125 Posts
Got my car on Thursday last week. Late! It was supposed to be delivered in the morning, but arrived at 2pm. VIN is in the range 22xxx. It is great! Loving the car, goes like absolute stink when needed. Psychologically it feels like I am spending more on "fuel", but that is only because it needs to be charged more frequently than an ICE. It isn't true of course, but something for new converts to watch out for.

The car that arrived was also on 19inch wheels, which was a surprise given that the preconfig car I thought I had ordered was on 20inch wheels! Talking to my lease company when they placed the order Polestar said they had sold that one but had an equivalent one available - which turned out to be 19inch. I don't mind, but no one told me, all the paperwork I signed was for 20 inch, although I am assured the price I was quoted and paid was for 19. Very confusing, and yet again absolute pants communication and a bit of fun for the delivery driver!

·
Registered
57 Posts
Got my VIN today - car is estimated to be in the UK on 23rd August and delivery in early September, slipped back to original delivery date from what was reported two weeks ago. VIN is in the 27xxx range
Sounds like you’re nearly there! Mine has gone from July to august delivery and no vin!

·
Registered
57 Posts
This week I received an email from polestar titled ‘prepare for your polestar 2 handover’. Does anyone know if this is a generic email you get early on in the order process or is this a sign that something might actually happen soon?

·
Registered
25 Posts
This week I received an email from polestar titled ‘prepare for your polestar 2 handover’. Does anyone know if this is a generic email you get early on in the order process or is this a sign that something might actually happen soon?
I didn't receive the email, so you may be ahead of me even though you don't have your VIN.

141 - 160 of 188 Posts