Polestar Forum banner
161 - 180 of 188 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
I didn't receive the email, so you may be ahead of me even though you don't have your VIN.
Possibly as mine was July and recently moved to august so I may be in the batch that comes before yours if you’re looking at September delivery

·
Registered
15 Posts
This week I received an email from polestar titled ‘prepare for your polestar 2 handover’. Does anyone know if this is a generic email you get early on in the order process or is this a sign that something might actually happen soon?
I got this as it was a week from my confirmed handover date. Are you saying they sent you this even though they've not even confirmed your exact delivery date?

·
Registered
57 Posts
I got this as it was a week from my confirmed handover date. Are you saying they sent you this even though they've not even confirmed your exact delivery date?
I’ve not received anything about my delivery yet except this email on Monday. In the app estimated delivery is showing as august (was July up until Friday last week). I’ve not been given a VIN either. When I log in on the website and click the view bit of the orders tab it goes to an error 404 page.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,878 Posts
You normally get that email when (if I remember correctly) your car has arrived at Zeebrugge and is undergoing the various inspections, checks and software updates before being transported to the UK for delivery. Should only be about 3 weeks from this point, I think - though when I had mine back in December it was different times!

You won't get this email (probably) if you're getting a pre-configured car, for obvious reasons - the car's already in the country...

·
Registered
57 Posts
You normally get that email when (if I remember correctly) your car has arrived at Zeebrugge and is undergoing the various inspections, checks and software updates before being transported to the UK for delivery. Should only be about 3 weeks from this point, I think - though when I had mine back in December it was different times!

You won't get this email (probably) if you're getting a pre-configured car, for obvious reasons - the car's already in the country...
Mine is a factory order and it’s still showing as august delivery with no VIN but I really hope you are right and it is only weeks away!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I’ve just spoken to polestar and they have confirmed the car is on the ship from China to Belgium but they couldn’t confirm when it left. She also has the vin so will be sending it over to me. Some positive news even if it is still going to be some time before I actually get the car

·
Registered
57 Posts
That’s interesting I have my VIN which is 259** but my delivery date is July rather than August
Mines 261**. The woman at polestar told me that they just take an average of how long it takes at different points to determine the estimated delivery rather then giving you a worse or best case scenario date. Hopefully a bit of good weather and sea captain with a heavy right foot will get it to me in July rather then august.

I asked about delaying until September if it falls into august so I get the new reg but in reality I don’t think I would be able to wait any longer then I have to

·
Registered
25 Posts
The VINs look about right for the delivery dates, 259xx for July, 261xx for August and I have 275xx for September. I wonder at what VIN the MY2022 will start? I think characters 4 to 9 of the VIN describe the characteristics of the vehicle but no idea what the codes are for the various Polestar 2 configs.

·
Registered
16 Posts
m
The VINs look about right for the delivery dates, 259xx for July, 261xx for August and I have 275xx for September. I wonder at what VIN the MY2022 will start? I think characters 4 to 9 of the VIN describe the characteristics of the vehicle but no idea what the codes are for the various Polestar 2 configs.
My vin has come through last week for a long range single motor - anticipated Sept delivery with a vin of 047xxx so not sure how that fits?

·
Registered
416 Posts
m

My vin has come through last week for a long range single motor - anticipated Sept delivery with a vin of 047xxx so not sure how that fits?
They probably stockpiled some for spaces, test drives and first wave of deliveries. It's quite common with some auto manufacturers (VAG for instance).

·
Registered
57 Posts
Today my status has changed from confirmed to planned. Does anyone have any idea what this means? I spoke to polestar CS last night and they told me the vehicle is still due in the UK 8th July but that was before the status change. I’m seeing a bit of conflicting information on what the significance of this change is

·
Registered
2 Posts
m

I have a September delivery (in NL) on my Single Motor 046xxx VIN, so seems the Single Motor started at a higher VIN range, 45xxx probably.

·
Registered
2 Posts
About September deliveries: Polestar gives me a September handover estimate (including updates and preparation after it rolls off teh ship) but I got a August 20 arrival date from my leasecompany, which coincides with the arrival date in Zeebrugge of the monthly shipment from China, this one on the "Toreador" vehicle transport ship. If you want to track it, here's the link TOREADOR Current position (Vehicles Carrier, IMO 9375288) - VesselFinder It now in Seattle, but will depart the Chinese port of Lianyungang (next to the Polestar factory) on July 20th, according to Wallenius shipping schedule. RoRo vessel schedules and routes - Wallenius Wilhelmsen

·
Registered
Polestar 2 | Long Range Single Motor | Pilot Pack | Moon | Delivery due October 2021
11 Posts
Ordered mine 30th June - advised delivery mid October :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Had an email about delivery today then spoke to customer service about a single motor longe range due for handover around 1st/2nd week of September in the UK. Ordered late April, they are not expecting any of the single motors before the beginning of Sept at the earliest. And the mat for the boot will be late October at the earliest also! Advised to phone first week of August for an update so fingers crossed 🤞

·
Registered
16 Posts
Checked my polestar account today as I tracked the toreador vehicle carrier and it has left port in China and found I now have two cars ordered for me. One moon and one thunder, different order numbers and different vin numbers also which I though was very kind. Was not aware car manufacturers did buy one get one free deals! I am sure they will realise but you never know😉 I phoned customer support and they confirmed there is two cars with different specs under my account. Has anyone else had this issue?

161 - 180 of 188 Posts