Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a cheap personalised reg certificate to replace the reg that came on my Polestar2 (feel free to call me an idiot, as I've done in the past to my friends who ordered personalised plates 馃ぃ).

I really like the fact that the Polestar plate that came with the car says "Polestar" on the black bit below the plate (and polestar.com on the white/yellow bit). I assumed if I'd replaced the plate that I'd no longer be able to have this. However, today I saw a Polestar with a personalised plate with all the Polestar bits. Having done some searches I've seen that others hate having this branding on the plates so I guess it is personal!

Anyone got experience with this? Did they just give details of the transfer plate when they ordered it or can you do this after purchase?

Registered
I did ask for that but I wasn't expecting quite such a quite such a quick delivery. 馃ぃ

(I think it was you who specifically said you hated having the Polestar bits on the plate so I clearly reached my ideal target.)
I鈥檓 still undecided. I can鈥檛 decide whether it鈥檚 worse to buy a personalised plate or buy a cheap personalised plate鈥.the decisions we have to make. You do realise I come to this forum so I don鈥檛 have to make difficult decisions.

Registered
P2 MY22 SM SR Pilot Plus Thunder
Call me an idiot but I don鈥檛 know what a cheap personalised plate is. Is it one with a combination of letters that dont mean anything?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Call me an idiot but I don鈥檛 know what a cheap personalised plate is. Is it one with a combination of letters that dont mean anything?
I was just trying to convince myself it wasn't as bad by getting across that I hadn't spent a huge amount of money on a plate but clearly I shouldn't have expected such mercy / understanding from this forum. 馃槈

Registered
LRSM - Magnesium
I am all for cheap personalised plates, I would go for it if I was you. But then some people say I'm a weirdo, not sure how that compares to an idiot?

My plate is PS02 STU.

Registered
LRDM Pilot/ Plus/Performance.. Snow.
I've got a cheap personalised reg certificate to replace the reg that came on my Polestar2 (feel free to call me an idiot, as I've done in the past to my friends who ordered personalised plates 馃ぃ).

I really like the fact that the Polestar plate that came with the car says "Polestar" on the black bit below the plate (and polestar.com on the white/yellow bit). I assumed if I'd replaced the plate that I'd no longer be able to have this. However, today I saw a Polestar with a personalised plate with all the Polestar bits. Having done some searches I've seen that others hate having this branding on the plates so I guess it is personal!

Anyone got experience with this? Did they just give details of the transfer plate when they ordered it or can you do this after purchase?
I will answer your question in a civilised way.
Firstly the only way Polestar will fit you a personal plate is if your are buying the vehicle with a cash payment... (no Polestar Finance) Then your Reg will be in a Polestar "signed" plate... It's Law now that plates have to include this marking.
If your financing your Polestar then you will be issued a Reg number and it will be down to you to change this Reg via the DVLA after delivery.. But your new plate will not legally be allowed to have a Polestar symbol on it... Just the mark of who made up and supplied the plate for you.
I do think your being a little extreme regarding this detail... But I've had my PP for 12yrs now which I was given to me on a car I inherited and I like it... For all you key board haters out there.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I will answer your question in a civilised way.
Firstly the only way Polestar will fit you a personal plate is if your are buying the vehicle with a cash payment... (no Polestar Finance) Then your Reg will be in a Polestar "signed" plate... It's Law now that plates have to include this marking.
If your financing your Polestar then you will be issued a Reg number and it will be down to you to change this Reg via the DVLA after delivery.. But your new plate will not legally be allowed to have a Polestar symbol on it... Just the mark of who made up and supplied the plate for you.
I do think your being a little extreme regarding this detail... But I've had my PP for 12yrs now which I was given to me on a car I inherited and I like it... For all you key board haters out there.
Thank you for the full answer. Yes, I spoke to customer care via chat and they were very helpful but said it isn't possible "after market" to get a plate issued by Polestar. Only at time of purchase as you say. I should have posted back here but I was a little nervous to "put my head above the parapet" on this topic again.

I took the jabs as tongue-in-cheek (I did invite it in my original post after all 馃槀). I've not had too many harsh comments in real life except our local cafe owner who said jokingly "please tell me that was a gift and you didn't buy it for yourself".

I do find it has made me go a little easier on the accelerator nearer to where I live as I'm much easier to identify. I think that is only a good thing.

P.S. for a few seconds I was wondering how you got the Performance Pack 12 years ago - then realised you meant Personalised Plate.

I have exactly this quandary and have been looking at photos of peoples U.K. P2s and trying to look at them up close when I see them on the road, have also concluded today as per the original poster with the branding.
I鈥檓 awaiting a Lex lease PS2, anticipated Oct.
I have an idiots plate as well I鈥檓 going to put on the P2 and have also been told by both Lex and Polestar support that Polestar won鈥檛 supply it new with my plates on, which is really annoying.

Am fine to have my plates put on straight after delivery, but like the OP am wanting to make sure it doesn鈥檛 immediately make a brand new car look cheap with 鈥楰wikFit鈥 or something on it!
I thought about taking it to my local Volvo dealer but don鈥檛 really want 鈥楥live Brook鈥 on my plate either if I鈥檓 going to have to go out of my way to sort it鈥 so far am thinking the back street/local indoor market type completely plain (but legal font etc I don鈥檛 want anything silly like 3D/4D font etc.) option is looking best?鈥

Shame really as I鈥檇 rather just take it somewhere reputable and have it sorted.

Also with it being a lease car it makes it more difficult to use the reputable above board online options as well, as I think from memory they understandably want a copy of the V5 etc, which Lex will never give you, but do usually write a letter authorising you to get it done at least鈥

Would welcome any thoughts on options.

Registered
Polestar 2 Void Charcoal Non PP
I have exactly this quandary and have been looking at photos of peoples U.K. P2s and trying to look at them up close when I see them on the road, have also concluded today as per the original poster with the branding.
I have an idiots plate as well I鈥檓 going to put on the P2 and have also been told by both Lex and Polestar support that Polestar won鈥檛 supply it new with my plates on, which is really annoying.

Am fine to have my plates put on straight after delivery, but like the OP am wanting to make sure it doesn鈥檛 immediately make a brand new car look cheap with 鈥楰wikFit鈥 or something on it!
I thought about taking it to my local Volvo dealer but don鈥檛 really want 鈥楥live Brook鈥 on my plate either if I鈥檓 going to have to go out of my way to sort it鈥 so far am thinking the back street/local indoor market type completely plain (but legal font etc I don鈥檛 want anything silly like 3D/4D font etc.) option is looking best?鈥

Also with it being a lease car it makes it more difficult to use the reputable above board online options as well, as I think from memory they understandably want a copy of the V5 etc, which Lex will never give you, but do usually write a letter authorising you to get it done at least鈥

With regards to your 鈥渃opy of the V5, which Lex will never give you鈥 , I鈥檝e registered my Leaseplan P*2 with TFL for a Congestion Charge Zone exemption.
This is a bit of a misnomer, as it actually costs you 拢10 annually to do so, but I did it nevertheless.
Part of the qualifying process is to provide a scan of your V5, so I contacted Leaseplan, who supplied it within 48 hours of request.
I managed to complete the process and gain the exemption.
Perhaps you can do likewise with regards to the V5 query you state ?

Registered
LRSM Magnesium
I used a online vendor for my idiot plates, very easy to order and fully legal, i.e. not show plates.
They e-mailed the same day to say that they needed a scan of my V5, but only to prove it was a BEV for the green stripe. Manufacturer marks are very discreet.
I'm sure that I wouldn't have needed the V5 scan if I was having a standard plate.
And I could have had 'polestar' along the bottom if I wanted.

Registered

Don't you have the V745 (I think that is the right number) which is your certificate of entitlement? That is the one I use generally to get quality plates made. I get my plates here https://www.fourdotdesignerplates.co.uk the quality is insane and its great for when you have a need for different size legal plate.

Registered
2021 Snow/Slate, Pilot Plus 300kW
Easiest solution to have a personal plate and the Polestar branding is to wait until PS allocate your reg number then go here:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts