Polestar Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my P2 delivered yesterday (it is a brilliant car!).

Does anyone know what happens WRT a V5 certificate? Does the DVLA send it or should I have received it from Polestar?

Sorry, it's a basic question, but I have little confidence in Polestar processes!

(I still haven't heard back about my deposit, which has not been returned...)

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
You should get the V5 in a day or two.

You should have had your deposit returned shortly after confirming the order, weeks ago! Definitely get onto customer services about that one...

Reactions: Arjo

·
Registered
24 Posts
Does anyone know what happens WRT a V5 certificate? Does the DVLA send it or should I have received it from Polestar?
Is the car leased or bought? If leased, I believe the leasing company holds onto the V5.

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
I think he bought it in the end, having given up on lease companies, same as me!

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
They have to register it before it's allowed on the streets. Someone (on Facebook) had their car delivered a couple of days ago and promptly had frantic phone calls from customer services saying they'd forgotten to register it and it wasn't allowed on the road! It was put straight back on the trailer and taken off to the dealership to wait until it had been registered...

·
Registered
73 Posts
In my case I got the V5 in the post from DVLA nearly a week BEFORE the car! Quite a tease; but I knew it was being pushed through by Polestar. My car colour is Magnesium which DVLA listed as silver, but most people say "is it white?". I hope that does not present problems at trade in?!

·
Registered
203 Posts
In my case I got the V5 in the post from DVLA nearly a week BEFORE the car! Quite a tease; but I knew it was being pushed through by Polestar. My car colour is Magnesium which DVLA listed as silver, but most people say "is it white?". I hope that does not present problems at trade in?!
I had a ford cortina years ago described on the V5 as 'Brown'. Ford called it Sienna Brown, to my eyes it was tomato soup red. Resale was not an issue, it was scrapped by me at end of life.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I got my V5 in the post on the day the car arrived. I had to chase for the deposit back. An "I.T" issue caused the delay apparently.

·
Super Moderator
700 Posts
IT system designed by Google...?
Sadly not as otherwise it would probably work a lot better. More likely to be salesforce or something similar.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I had a ford cortina years ago described on the V5 as 'Brown'. Ford called it Sienna Brown, to my eyes it was tomato soup red. Resale was not an issue, it was scrapped by me at end of life.
:sneaky:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts