Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My P2 sometimes refuses to believe the charge cable is removed! Does anyone have the same issue ?
After charging I unplug the cable by stopping the charger, unlocking the cable (car side) and remove the cable from the car, then from the charging station.
But the car says charging paused, does not allow me to go from P to D nor R. so I am stuck and going nowhere.

Polestar CS asked me to lock the car and wait for 5min. no change. The local volvo dealer told me not to charge to the recommended 90%, all cases he had seen (and he had seen multiple) where solved by charging to 80% or 100%.

This morning I got stuck again (charged to 80%), the only solution I currently have is disconnect the charger, lock the car and wait for at least 30minutes !!

·
Registered
P2 2021, Void, Charcoal, no PP, 19 inch
161 Posts
Did you try this already? Found as solution here in the forum:
  • Als je laadkabel bij DC charger niet wil ontgrendelen:
Doe de auto op slot, daarna de unlock op je sleutel 3 tot 5 seconden ingedrukt houden (je ziet dan ook alle ramen opengaan). Een paar seconden later moet de laadkabel kunnen ontgrendelen.

Een goede reden om altijd een van de grote sleutels bij je te hebben.

Reactions: Haywire

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The cable does unlock and can be removed. But the car "thinks" it is still connected.
But I will try when it happens again.
Thanks Jenthar.

·
Super Moderator
1,397 Posts
It's a known problem. Sometimes it goes away after some time: 10min for me - several hours or never for others. Somewhere in this forum, someone described a possible solution by connecting the PP pin to PE in the cars receptacle.

Last ressort: Call PS-Connect and have it towed.

·
Registered
161 Posts

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
I always unlock the car then press the button by the charging port. I've never had a problem.

Either my way is the correct way, I've been lucky, or my car doesn't have that fault - I can't which one it is out of these 3, sorry.

·
Super Moderator
1,397 Posts
Probably one of the last two: Since the Nov. Update, you don't have to unlock the car anymore, the release button itself reachts to a key being present. But if your way of doing it is good Juju and keeps the Germlins away, by all means keep on doing it ;)

From the top of my head, I've seen maybe 5-10 reports of this problem, so compared to other problems, this one doesn't happen very often.

·
Registered
765 Posts
@Janthar finds finds the solution, gives it in Dutch...

Please do remember that this forum is a very international user base and if we start sharing information in local languages then it will become very frustrating for many very quickly.

Whilst this issue has been discussed here in English before. If someone searches for the problem and arrives in this thread, then they're going to find a Dutch solution.... Not ideal.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had this problem once, late evening.
The next morning I was going to call Volvo (as the 'connect' button doesn't work for me), but the system had res-set itself overnight.
All well again.

Somewhat off topic, to Dutch forum members; what 'Polestar' number do you call in case of issues ?
Not the supporting Volvo dealer (who often cannot help anyway), but Polestar itself.

I sent several emails to PS support, received 1 (friendly but not much value added) answer, non after that.
Specifically, I don't understand why I have not been contacted about any recall as of yet, no OAT update message, nothing at all.
Car picked up November 3rd, Volvo dealer (vd Schaaf Leeuwarden) said no software update performed, I can hardly believe my car (lease through ALD) is 100% up to date.

That said, other than the occasional 'error message' , and unexpected turtle-mode-moment on the highway, the car has been doing great for over 8000km :cool: .
190km daily commute, quite heavy on the throttle, averaging 30Kwh/100km

It is amazing how one can really love this car, despite the small annoyances ...

Peter

·
Super Moderator
1,365 Posts
After charging I unplug the cable by stopping the charger, unlocking the cable (car side) and remove the cable from the car, then from the charging station.
I think you should reverse the order you're doing things.

Stop the charge at the car first. Unlock it (if you're not on the November 1st Update) or press the button (Nov 1st or later). Wait for the little whirring noise from the motor inside the socket, then pull the cable out. Then disconnect the charger end.

When connecting, connect the charger end first, then the car.

·
Registered
161 Posts
@Janthar finds finds the solution, gives it in Dutch...

Please do remember that this forum is a very international user base and if we start sharing information in local languages then it will become very frustrating for many very quickly.

Whilst this issue has been discussed here in English before. If someone searches for the problem and arrives in this thread, then they're going to find a Dutch solution.... Not ideal.
All my ‘solutions’ were already mentioned somewhere here on this forum in english so i did not want to translate anymore again my collected solutions which i had in Dutch. The search function should give anyone all those solutions already in english

·
Registered
765 Posts
All my ‘solutions’ were already mentioned somewhere here on this forum in english so i did not want to translate anymore again my collected solutions which i had in Dutch. The search function should give anyone all those solutions already in english
Writing in Dutch, or any other language but English is by default excluding the majority of users from the discussion.

Yes the solution exists elsewhere on the forum in English, but it's not great to have to trawl through the forum for an answer just because an answer in one place is in another language.

I don't know that we have language rules on the forum, perhaps we should have..

Reactions: Plamon

·
Registered
2021 2
2,602 Posts
Writing in Dutch, or any other language but English is by default excluding the majority of users from the discussion.

Yes the solution exists elsewhere on the forum in English, but it's not great to have to trawl through the forum for an answer just because an answer in one place is in another language.

I don't know that we have language rules on the forum, perhaps we should have..
I don’t mind seeing different languages on the forum even though the only language I speak fluently is English (and even that’s debatable). Also watching @dave trying to speak French is hilarious.

I’m also not too bothered that questions get repeated. There are are lot of polestar owners who aren’t on the forum and may come here without knowledge of what’s been discussed; and there’s a lot of noise in our collective signal. The search bar only kinda works. And it’s fairly easy to ignore posts that aren’t of interest, including but not limited to my own.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,888 Posts
Generally I'd say it's fairest to do it in the language of the forum (English) unless you're in one of the dedicated pages for a country whose native language isn't English.

Back to the topic in question - I believe one way to solve it is to plug the car back into the charger, then go to the charge settings screen in the car and lower the maximum to below what it has already charged to. It should immediately decide it's finished charging and unlock the port.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,888 Posts
Hmm, strange, that worked for someone a while back. Another thing to try is pressing and holding the Open button on the ugly key fob for several seconds... but that's yet to be proven to be correct too.

·
Super Moderator
1,397 Posts
The problem for me was it didn't resume charging. Only got a red lightshow around the driver display and the charge port instead.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts