Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I took it in yesterday, with the aim of getting the wi-fi, 4G and charging issue sorted out. I am now sitting at a Polar charger typing this, while getting juice. They claimed no fault found, and wanted to show me... by connecting to their in house AC charger. They wouldn't listen when I said that wasn't the problem, and that it was DC charging at the roadside that wasn't working. According to them, not all chargers work with Polestar!! Yet here I am, getting charged only 400m from the dealership! The 4G is working, and so is the wi-fi. The 4G now displays LTE next to the triangle, which is new.

What did they do? I have checked and I've got the Jan 8th software version.

Summary... Volvo are hugely playing catch up in the knowledge stakes. I will try a different dealer next time!
16119118626175095752650800427017.jpg
16119119412625608599085490738111.jpg

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
I took it in yesterday, with the aim of getting the wi-fi, 4G and charging issue sorted out. I am now sitting at a Polar charger typing this, while getting juice. They claimed no fault found, and wanted to show me... by connecting to their in house AC charger. They wouldn't listen when I said that wasn't the problem, and that it was DC charging at the roadside that wasn't working. Advertising to them, not ask chargers work with Polestar!! Yet here I am, getting charged only 400m from the dealership! The 4G is working, and so is the wi-fi. The 4G now displays LTE next to the triangle, which is new.

What did they do? I have checked and I've got the Jan 8th software version.

Summary... Volvo are hugely playing catch up in the knowledge stakes. I will try a different dealer next time!
So does the DC now work? You mentioned you are at a Polar charger ... is it a 50+ kWH?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes the DC works! 😀👍🏽

The bad news is that the sw update appears to have broken the camera functionality 😠👎🏾

So, another trip may be necessary, unless it's something OTA can fix

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Normally camera's will fix themselves.

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Super Moderator
1,396 Posts
Self fixing cameras? Sounds like sorcery...
We already agreed on Voodoo and Juju being helpful, so sorcery is not that far off.

In most cases, the cameras really fix themselves. 'Camera not available' message popping up started for me with the Nov. update. Simply hitting the camera icon gives me the camera view then.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
Ahh, well I'll try that BUT in my case the camera icon is greyed!
So normally I find leaving for a few hours fixes this. I've had it twice ... the first it fixed within min's while driving ... the second I just so happened to leave for over an hour.

Check all the camers and sensors are clean too ... I'm sure that's not the problem but worth checking

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's been sitting there for over 2hrs and I'll be popping out in about an hour from now so I'll report back.

Regarding cleanliness, they are fine. I was disappointed that the dealer didn't clean the car like BMW do, but I can't have everything I guess!

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
No success with cameras. When shifting into reverse, display goes black then reverts to what was being shown previously.

WiFi cannot see my Netgear extender but can see and will connect to my phone hotspot, so assume the car is fine in that regard.

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
Regarding cleanliness, they are fine. I was disappointed that the dealer didn't clean the car like BMW do, but I can't have everything I guess!
I've had the opposite experience. At the moment, our local BMW dealer is not cleaning cars 'due to COVID'. Which I guess means they furloughed the cleaning folks...

Whereas every time my Polestar has been at Volvo, it's been immaculately clean.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
871 Posts
I've had the opposite experience. At the moment, our local BMW dealer is not cleaning cars 'due to COVID'. Which I guess means they furloughed the cleaning folks...

Whereas every time my Polestar has been at Volvo, it's been immaculately clean.
My local Audi dealer didn't wash it the couple of times it was in last year, I assumed that was standard practice.

I'll find out what my local Volvo dealer's policy is on Monday, hopefully, I wouldn't mind a surprise clean, quite a bit of salt spreading action last couple of weeks, it could use one.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
I actually prefer to have my dealer NOT detail the car. I've had swirlies in the past. I put a card on the dash: please don't wash or vacuum. Interestingly, at the BMW dealer, I had to sign paperwork and usually the wash and vacuum was listed, even though they didn't do it. I figure the dealership got money for it. I was going to raise a stink, but, in the end, let it go.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Good point, though with a ceramic coating on the externals I'd expect swirlies to not be an issue. Agree regarding the internals though...

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Well I ain't gonna hit the like button for that!

Mine had issues, too, but the detailer fixed 'em

Reactions: Mick

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yes the DC works! 😀👍🏽

The bad news is that the sw update appears to have broken the camera functionality 😠👎🏾

So, another trip may be necessary, unless it's something OTA can fix
Spoke to Katie, and until she mentioned it I didn't think to do a reboot (standard IT first line support activity). That did the trick! So all ok at the moment. Hope I don't jinx myself!

Next week I should be picking up my jack and first aid kit, and getting a replacement centre console fitted.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts