Polestar Forum banner
41 - 48 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
1,236 Posts
This gives me some hope that I could purchase a 3 day license and clear the SOS eCall error code without having to drive 700 miles to have my dealer do it for me. Think it's possible?
Have you tried just disconnecting 12V and the 3.6V backup battery briefly? That fixed that error code for me (among other things!)

·
Registered
2022 Polestar 2, Midnight Blue, Charcoal Gray, Pilot, Plus, 19" wheels
106 Posts
Have you tried just disconnecting 12V and the 3.6V backup battery briefly? That fixed that error code for me (among other things!)
Yes. I didn't have the SOS eCall error until after doing the 12V + TCAM battery disconnect. I'm going to try it again. This time, though, I'm going to take my multimeter and measure the output of the battery. I suspect that my TCAM battery is not providing a high enough voltage.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 (Thunder/Slate)
1,236 Posts
Yes. I didn't have the SOS eCall error until after doing the 12V + TCAM battery disconnect. I'm going to try it again. This time, though, I'm going to take my multimeter and measure the output of the battery. I suspect that my TCAM battery is not providing a high enough voltage.
FWIW what I did was disconnect 12V and TCAM battery for 5 minutes, then reconnect 12V. That fixed my issue with the keys not being detected at all, so I could now use them and drive the car, so I went for a brief drive. The eCall SOS error was still there, understandably as the battery was not connected.

Half an hour later I plugged the battery in, and I went for another brief drive, during that drive the error disappeared.

No idea why, I'm assuming it went above a certain SoC threshold which yours might fail to reach if eg damaged, or maybe leaving it disconnected for some time played a role, either way not enough data to make a conclusion, but worth having another go.

·
Registered
Midnight 2022 Polestar 2, Pilot, Plus, Barley AWD
6 Posts
Update on v 1.8 - hadn’t driven car for a day and went into car settings to find DAB for radio (couldn’t find it) but software update for 1.8 popped upon screen and after approx. 90 mins now car is updated. No clue why it took so long but I don’t drive long distances (usually < 20 miles) so might be an explanation.

All good so far

·
Registered
6,839 Posts
I was referring to time to receive OTA update ie over a month from release (not 90mins to up-version once received which is normal)
Ah! Yes that's quite delayed. But it still probably doesn't have anything to do with your driving habits. I rarely go 10 miles a day and I got it the first week it was released in the US. It's possible that Polestar did another push but they haven't said anything about it.

41 - 48 of 48 Posts