Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void, PP
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i had it wrapped today and thought i would share the results. (Chrome delete grill, chrome delete back, tinted back windows).

The center console i did myself, i know it isnt perfect and the bubbles will clear out over time, it's my first time, i'll probably do it again but cleaner.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Did they actually remove the chrome piece or just wrap it?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Props to this guy!
I just sent the link to my detailer (they ceramic-coated and tinted mine) saying "step it up, bro". He was going to wrap the center console, door cups, and piano black mirror housings, but came back and said "we don't yet have the files necessary for the PS2 for their printer (wrap cutter?) because it's too new" 😢

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void, PP
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I just sent the link to my detailer (they ceramic-coated and tinted mine) saying "step it up, bro". He was going to wrap the center console, door cups, and piano black mirror housings, but came back and said "we don't yet have the files necessary for the PS2 for their printer (wrap cutter?) because it's too new" 😢
Then he really needs to step it up. I did it myself, and i really have 2 left hands. I'm gonna let my wife rewrap it, she has more patience.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void, PP
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@Cbo what % did you choose for front versus back windows ?
I have no idea, i just told the dude to do the same as the rear window looked.

·
Registered
338 Posts
The chrome delete is a nice effect. There's not much chrome, so it's a subtle difference. The folks who did my green wrap ended up wrapping the chrome in gloss black no extra charge because they thought it looked better :cool:... Nice job on the console, too!

Reactions: ProfessorCook

·
Registered
Thunder, 19” wheels, charcoal interior, PPF Ceramic Coat & tinted windows, Black painted mirrors
185 Posts
Thats how its supposed to be done, nice job! But hey at least i saved 25 bucks!
Yeah, I figured it was worth not doing it myself. Woulda probably taken me hours to do it. Next, I am going to remove the clear PPF from the mirrors and replace it with gloss black PP, to match the rest of the trim below the mirrors and around the windows. Think it will be a nice contrast.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had my piano black center console wrapped in Matte PPF, and it feels and looks a lot more integrated with the rest of the interior. Also, being the self-healing matte PPF wrap, it'll definitely be a lot more durable in the long run!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I'm considering matting the centre tablet display does anyone know if that even works with the touch sensitivity?

A company I used to work with did it with everyone's Macbook Pros and it was great not having reflections and fingerprints .

·
Registered
Thunder, 19” wheels, charcoal interior, PPF Ceramic Coat & tinted windows, Black painted mirrors
185 Posts
I had my piano black center console wrapped in Matte PPF, and it feels and looks a lot more integrated with the rest of the interior. Also, being the self-healing matte PPF wrap, it'll definitely be a lot more durable in the long run!
View attachment 5786
Looks great.

·
Registered
Stickerless Thunder on 19's
1,871 Posts
View attachment 5786
Reminds me of the decor in a steakhouse I used to go to with my family as a child.
No bad thing.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Reminds me of the decor in a steakhouse I used to go to with my family as a child.
No bad thing.
And now I'm drooling and craving some steak! 😂

1 - 20 of 23 Posts