Polestar Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just logged in to my account and see 0% for all financing terms. Do you think this is legitimate or an error on the site? I did logout and login again in case it was a default but it still says 0. The pricing breakdown also shows the same. Has anyone else seen this before?

·
Registered
California | 2
65 Posts
Legitimate. Those are the financing terms I just submitted for credit check.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Yup, Mike confirmed yesterday that they are legit.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aside from immediate ownership and assuming there are no pre-payment penalties, is there any inherent value in purchasing the car outright rather than financing at 0%?

·
Premium Member
1,078 Posts
Aside from immediate ownership and assuming there are no pre-payment penalties, is there any inherent value in purchasing the car outright rather than financing at 0%?
The only one I can think of, and it does matter to me, is that life is simpler to buy it outright if you can... No need to remember about payments... no complicating factors on forms...

Of course, financially, there's an advantage to using somebody else's money for free.

Reactions: KRS

·
Registered
158 Posts
No. If you can qualify, take the financing and leave your money invested. Even invested as conservatively as possible in a high yield savings account, you'd likely earn the equivalent of 1-2 "free" car payments of the course of a 60-month period. The only risk is if you feel you're not disciplined enough to have that kind of money sitting around and not do something else / something stupid with it.

·
Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
926 Posts
Kind of related question:
It's pretty clear that Volvo Financial is providing the backend financing deals, etc for Polestar.
So will we be able to use the Volvo Financial Services website and infrastructure for account management, making payments and automatic deductions, etc?

Given the state of the Polestar backend I heavily prefer to just deal with Volvo if possible....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts