Polestar Forum banner

US deliveries

119K views 2K replies 86 participants last post by  Mick 
#1 ·
Has anyone received any info on deliveries or lease terms? I'm supposed to be part of the first batch of US deliveries according the last call I made to Polestar. I was told end of this month begining of next for delivery but haven't received any updates. I would think they get lease details out to us a least a couple weeks in advance. I'm very excited to take delivery but it's been tempered by what seems like incredibly poor roll out in the US.

#4 ·
I’m in the exact same boat as you.
I was told SF Bay Area folks with early deliveries should receive an email this week to finalize details. I don’t know if that’s Gregorian, Mayan, or Chinese Lunar weeks. (/s)

I’m guessing they’re leaving the finance details and everything to the local Space. Maybe they legally have to because of our weird laws. Even if there’s a delay due to something technical (like trying to fix the 12V issue before delivery) I still don’t know why the Space personnel can’t reach out to say “Hi! Here’s how much you’ll have to pay. Any questions?”

or they could just fix the online calculator...

#5 ·
I am in the US so figured posting here is appropriate.....

I am guessing this is really good or really bad....My order that was planning delivery is now no longer in the system when I logged in this morning.

Can anyone who took delivery already confirm if your order disappeared as they were prepping the financial and final delivery, or could this be a quirk of them updating the US website back end, and they will put the order info back in later.

#6 · (Edited)
I see you a "missing order" and raise you a "can't get to the account portal anymore". With the last backend update I could efficiently get to the portal and only had a delay when getting to my specific order confirmation/next steps page. So this is definitely a change.....

maybe for the better?

Edit: Trying with a different browser (Chrome) I can get through and see my order (and the saved configurations), and the same back page with details like my add-ons etc set.

Subtle things are different like the details in the lease/financing calculator (that still don't add up), and the display order of the confirmed order vs saved configurations.

So I think there's clearly some backend work going on, hopefully in anticipation of deliveries getting going.

#8 ·
I see you a "missing order" and raise you a "can't get to the account portal anymore". With the last backend update I could efficiently get to the portal and only had a delay when getting to my specific order confirmation/next steps page. So this is definitely a change.....
I am currently unable to even log in (on either Safari or Chrome). Huh. We can build a car, but not a website.

#10 ·
Yup, website is scuppered at the moment. I've reported it via email and Twitter. It's been sketchy since the weekend, when my smarty-pants-automatically-look-to-see-if-I-have-a-VIN-yet software stopped sending me email updates...

Reactions: polerad
#14 ·
My order disappeared from the website maybe a week ago and still hasn’t come back. Here’s the reply I received from Support on Monday of this week:

“No worries. It appears they are just doing some back-end work on the site this week and I can confirm that your order is definitely good. With in the next week, we will be sending you an email asking you to log in to complete the final steps for your order and once that happens, you will be able to see the details pertaining to your order. Also, anything that you have already filled out or submitted will be saved so no worries there either.”

#15 ·
I had a chat session with Mike yesterday to try again for a VIN. No joy, but he did say my order was on track to be finalized with fiance this week for a delivery around the 2nd week of October (the website said September) Then this morning the order poofed!!

Always fun to have a bit of excitement on something you have zero control over don't you think?

#16 ·
Same boat. I am in Los Angeles and was told last week:
“No worries. It appears they are just doing some back-end work on the site this week and I can confirm that your order is definitely good. With in the next week, we will be sending you an email asking you to log in to complete the final steps for your order and once that happens, you will be able to see the details pertaining to your order. Also, anything that you have already filled out or submitted will be saved so no worries there either.”
I am able to log into my account and still see a September delivery. When I submitted the credit application weeks ago, the website changed and appears as if I didn't submit anything at all (it currently asks me to choose my add-ons). I was assured my app was received ¯\(ツ)/¯ All this waiting just makes me doubt/overthink my 60 month financing decision. May ask to switch to a 36-month lease...which will likely add more waiting time o_O

#19 ·
As anxious as I am for the car, I'm not at all anxious for one that may still have bugs -- as we've seen in Europe. I'm content with them taking their time and getting me a car that works consistently. If that's Nov or even Dec, so be it. I'll still have the fun of being the first one for miles around with this car :)

#22 ·
I am somewhat in this camp, too. We've all been waiting so long already, what's one extra month or two or three...? I think I'm too hyped up about Polestar at this point to consider any alternatives (the only one I was considering was the Model Y, but I am not an Elon fan...and, in LA, Teslas might as well be gen-1 Priuses (Prii?) in terms of quantity and shape....not feeling it like I used to.)

I am all about setting expectations early and often - sadly, Polestar has missed the mark here. BUT, I want to take delivery in 2020 so I can get that $7,500 back on taxes in 2021!!! :mad:

#26 ·
I am in Canada..& I have never been able to login on the Polestar website...tried everything...Firefox/Chrome/Safari/Opera on MacOS...Chrome/Edge on windows....every time I get same error...cookies are disabled on your browser....I disable cookie blocking restart browser...still no luck....can only track order on the iOS app...where, the order now shows delivery in Nov 2020

Have reported this issue to Mike...he said he'll share feedback with the concerned team...

#27 ·
The app is generally completely out of sync with reality so I wouldn't rely on it. The website seems to have gone mad again this morning (can't log in again, it just sits there and spins). Probably best to use the webchat once per week to ask them directly and explain (each time!) that the website isn't working.

Reactions: HVS84
#29 ·
HVS84 That is very odd. For me it is the exact opposite. I can only log on properly and see my order from my Windows computer using Edge. On my i-Pad or i-phone no luck. Yup, me too, November delivery date; which will very likely turn into December or January. Well, it will allow Polestar to clear some of the bugs..

#33 · (Edited)
and today my order is back visible when I login....planning delivery with Sept delivery date. Alane confirmed in a chat session that an email should be coming "soon" and a 2nd week of Oct still looks achievable from what they can see.

#37 ·
I don't think is a management shortcoming. They have been fairly clear about where the cars can be picked up and where they can be serviced (which is an even bigger issue). They plan to open more stores, but in the meantime while they are willing to sell you whatever you want given the hurdles, they are content to deliver cars in the 3 regions of the US they chose for stores. That was a strategic decision based on number of EV drivers in those areas.

Your choice is to go get one in one of those stores, pay to have it delivered beyond 150 miles, or wait for a store in your area. It's not really different from any other retail concept. If there's a store in your city you can pick items up; if there isn't you can have the item shipped to you at a cost. As an example, I love the Container Store but there isn't one in my city. I can drive over an hour to one, or I can order online and have it delivered.

#38 ·
I don't agree with that at all. Not having a store in the top 2 economic regions of the US is a mistake, a top 3 region of electric car adoption is a mistake, expecting customers to pay an additional fee to take procession of their cars is fairly ridiculous.

#39 ·
What you think of as a mistake is what they considered for their strategic decision. They know full well what the economic status is of different regions of the US and that was part of their decision process I can assure you. There are very few businesses that remain in business without careful strategic planing about what markets they will enter and when. Not every chain restaurant comes to every city at the same time. They build out based on the marketing statistics they gather. I've sat in many a corporate board meeting, and these things are discussed all the time.

We've become all too accustomed to being able to get anything we want at anytime, anywhere. It hasn't always been that way, and for some commodities it still isn't. There's a Chevy dealer at every cross roads, but try and get a Land Rover or MB in WY or MT. You're going to have to drive pretty far to pick one up. All companies do this all the time.

#40 ·
Can't log on to the website (via PC and Chrome browser), so I called customer support. Much to my surprise, Alan told me I now have a handover date of October 27th.

For those who are comparing, I put a deposit down about a year ago and then confirmed in June. At that time, I was told mid-September, but I changed my color choice from Void to Midnight and that delayed things about a month. My order number is between 11014500 and 11015000. I live about 250 miles northeast of the Manhattan popup.

#45 ·
Thank you. I paid my $1,000 on 3/35/2019 and my order date is 6/6/2020, Order ID between 11008000 and 11009000. Just logged in and still shows "Planning Delivery". (to Warb, I am purchasing with an unsure about trade-in) Although ProfessorCook's may show Pending as well. I'm not at all certain they strictly follow time or order for delivery. As I'm 1200 miles from the NY popup - they may take that into account. For me personally, I don't mind waiting awhile and am hoping with their announcement of doubling locations, that one of those is in Florida. Earlier they mentioned Florida for the "second wave".

If they call, one thing I will ask is if they will deliver to say Philadelphia. I could fly there accept the car and drive back to Florida. I think NY still has quarantine, so I'm not sure about picking up there from out of state.

#44 ·
my order # is a bit lower and has a slightly earlier anticipated date, but it is interesting you have an exact date to work with. I am financing. Are you a lease/finance/purchase?? If you don't want to reply I understand, but I wonder if purchases being more straight forward and avoid financing has impacts to timeline.

I am just about 250 miles from Manhattan as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.