Polestar Forum banner

1981 - 2000 of 2057 Posts

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Still do not have my final paperwork to register the car and the tag expires Friday. I left Jeff a message this past Friday and have not received a response (typical).
My tag expires this week as well and I also left a message. I will not be a happy camper in the next few days when I can't legally drive the only car I have 🤨

·
Registered
281 Posts
Just FYI, my plate/registration went to the NY space rather than directly to me. As soon as they received it they forwarded it on to me right away so I was "illegal" for about 3 days. I was surprised why they had it sent to NY rather than to the registration address. But I did get it ultimately.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I received an email with the CP credit last week; one week after delivery. My temp transit tag expired this weekend but I was given the usual message about how forgiving law enforcement are these days. When I pressed back and suggested that I was concerned about exposure to liability I was told they would send me some sort of letter indicating that the registration paperwork was being processed. I am still waiting...
Yeah, somehow I don't think the excuse of "My dealer said it was OK and you guys are nice" provides much legal standing!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Just FYI, my plate/registration went to the NY space rather than directly to me. As soon as they received it they forwarded it on to me right away so I was "illegal" for about 3 days. I was surprised why they had it sent to NY rather than to the registration address. But I did get it ultimately.
Same here. Mine are suppose to arrive on Tuesday. At least this time I have the FedEx tracking number :).

Reactions: Mick

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yeah, somehow I don't think the excuse of "My dealer said it was OK and you guys are nice" provides much legal standing!
I printed out my DMV account page which lists the car, title number, the plate number that was issued, etc. "it's registered, I'm still waiting for the plates to arrive" is more plausible than "my dealer said you would be lenient" 😂

·
Registered
270 Posts
Took delivery of mine today (southeastern US)! Super excited for my work commute (says no one ever until now) to really break her in!
Congrats, and thanks for the pic - first one I've seen with roof bars installed!

·
Registered
510 Posts
Just thinking...a trip down to Laguna Seca and a few hot laps sure would be fun. I wonder what a PP would handle like through the Corkscrew? :unsure:
Not really being a car guy, at least not before my Polestar purchase, my only experience with Laguna Seca was a Dead show there in 1988. Fun times.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Congrats, and thanks for the pic - first one I've seen with roof bars installed!
Yes, congrats!!!!

Hmmm, roof bar mounts look a little bulky. Perhaps just the strange angle of the photo? Amazing that most of us have never seen a photo of one with them installed before this.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I printed out my DMV account page which lists the car, title number, the plate number that was issued, etc. "it's registered, I'm still waiting for the plates to arrive" is more plausible than "my dealer said you would be lenient" 😂
I couldn't find anything like that in MD.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Yes, congrats!!!!

Hmmm, roof bar mounts look a little bulky. Perhaps just the strange angle of the photo? Amazing that most of us have never seen a photo of one with them installed before this.
They are a little bulky. I posted some closeups a while back, but I forgot to take a long shot of the whole car with them on. Most of the bulk is the plastic rain cover that snaps over the clamp.

Reactions: Liam182

·
Registered
17 Posts
They are a little bulky. I posted some closeups a while back, but I forgot to take a long shot of the whole car with them on. Most of the bulk is the plastic rain cover that snaps over the clamp.
They were definitely purchased as an "in case I need them later" situation. They're already off and hanging in the garage. Not a huge fan of keeping them on all the time like some brands because they do sit pretty high, but they'll definitely come in handy with travel/house work etc.

·
Registered
17 Posts
No idea why they thought this would be “not available in North America”, but whatever the issue I guess Polestar worked it out. That section is black on my magnesium + performance pack.

(Yes, a very minor detail, but I found it curious.)
Interesting since mine doesn't have a black column (I wasn't expecting it because of the disclaimer, but now curious why yours would).

·
Registered
California
199 Posts
Interesting since mine doesn't have a black column (I wasn't expecting it because of the disclaimer, but now curious why yours would).
The intrigue deepens! I have a 10xxx VIN, Magnesium, Performance Pack, Slate interior.

·
Registered
169 Posts
For anyone still following my saga, I just got the plates, registration, and title via FedEx. I am now unambiguously legal :). 5 weeks after delivery, but better late than never, I suppose.

I would not have chosen the "Virginia Is For Lovers" plates, myself 😂, but they'll do until I can get Clean Special Fuel plates for it.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
For anyone still following my saga, I just got the plates, registration, and title via FedEx. I am now unambiguously legal :). 5 weeks after delivery, but better late than never, I suppose.

I would not have chosen the "Virginia Is For Lovers" plates, myself 😂, but they'll do until I can get Clean Special Fuel plates for it.
I have been following with concern. My temp reg expires tomorrow, but MM is supposed to email me something that says all the right docs were submitted on time and that it's just the DMV delay (mostly due to covid). I'm hoping that prevents me from getting a ticket if I get pulled over.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Received my car from LA yesterday. Working with LA was easy and hassle-free. They called me, discussed details, and overnighted the forms to me that same day. The forms had post it notes on every page indicating where to initial and where to sign. A separate form was provided that needed to be notarized. I signed and sent back immediately.

A few days later the car was on a truck to Austin, TX and it finally arrived today. From first call to arrival was about 2 weeks, which includes the New Years holiday. Not bad, and significantly better than the reports out of New York. Shaun was easy to work with and responsive.

My only (minor) complaint is that it didn't come with temporary tags, so I've not been able to legally enjoy it. I had to take it in for a state inspection and then mail back the completed paper form so they could send me a temporary tag. So ... hopefully soon?

Am I the first person in Austin with one? Texas?

Magnesium, Performance, Slate

1981 - 2000 of 2057 Posts