Polestar Forum banner

2001 - 2020 of 2057 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Pennsylvania update: we received all documents to sign last Wednesday, had them notarized and mailed back on Thursday morning. Called Jeff yesterday and he replied "we have all your paperwork, we're just waiting for an available delivery driver". This morning we get a call from Stacy; she asks our availability this week and said it should be delivered in the next 4-5 days. We just got a call from the driver this evening and he said the car will be delivered between 4 and 5PM tomorrow, January 13.

I'll take pictures when the time comes. Reviewing this 2 month long "we have your car, expect delivery soon" uncertainty, I have to say it seems like they haven't been great communicators internally. I also feel as if we wouldn't be getting the car so soon if I didn't remind Jeff of our existence. We never got a call back or a follow up about anything. Never spoke to Shari once. James was always pleasant and quick to call back.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I have been following with concern. My temp reg expires tomorrow, but MM is supposed to email me something that says all the right docs were submitted on time and that it's just the DMV delay (mostly due to covid). I'm hoping that prevents me from getting a ticket if I get pulled over.
I have been waiting for the same document since last week and my transit tag is already expired. I threatened to contact PS again but received the same message about DMV backlog and that my car is "still valid" even though the tag has been expired for days.

·
Registered
169 Posts
It's certainly true that the police are likely to be more lenient than they might otherwise be, because the US Mail and DMVs really are backed up, but it's still nerve wracking.

·
Registered
2021 2
1,308 Posts
Last week I went in, re-signed some stuff and they re-sent the docs to the DMV and Polestar Financial. Let's see if it takes this time - or if I end up with 2 sets of plates!

My temporary registration tag expires Feb 6. Any wagers on if the plates and info comes in before then?

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
It's certainly true that the police are likely to be more lenient than they might otherwise be, because the US Mail and DMVs really are backed up, but it's still nerve wracking.
I guess the only way I'll really get in trouble is if someone walks up to the car and stares at the registration in the window. You can't otherwise tell anything.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello All! I'm a bit late to posting but my Thunder P2 Performance arrived last Friday evening thanks to enclosed trailer delivery by "Ivan." Spent a good chunk of the weekend experiencing the glorious drive, infotainment system, and that beautiful interior 😍.

I do want to thank everyone on the various discussions that have been super helpful with tips and their experiences. I definitely felt prepared though thankfully I didn't have any issues that prevented me from signing for delivery.

Here are a few pics(apologies for the not so scenic background but I promised my P2 it will have its own driveway and garage in the not too distant future):

T'was a dark and cold Friday night...
Screenshot_20210108-211450_Gallery.jpg

Let there be light (next day, Saturday)...
20210109_125942.jpg

Today, after window tint and ceramic coating (sticker removed as well)...
20210113_110248.jpg
20210113_110306.jpg

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Hello All! I'm a bit late to posting but my Thunder P2 Performance arrived last Friday evening thanks to enclosed trailer delivery by "Ivan." Spent a good chunk of the weekend experiencing the glorious drive, infotainment system, and that beautiful interior 😍.

I do want to thank everyone on the various discussions that have been super helpful with tips and their experiences. I definitely felt prepared though thankfully I didn't have any issues that prevented me from signing for delivery.

Here are a few pics(apologies for the not so scenic background but I promised my P2 it will have its own driveway and garage in the not too distant future):

T'was a dark and cold Friday night...
View attachment 3061

Let there be light (next day, Saturday)...
View attachment 3062

Today, after window tint and ceramic coating (sticker removed as well)...
View attachment 3063 View attachment 3064
Very nice. Enjoy.

·
Registered
2021 PS2 Void
32 Posts
I cannot figure out this color. Is my vision going or does this car look blue in the pictures? Sometimes it's gray. Sometimes it's blue. Step away from the beverage(s) ...

In any event Looks great. Have fun!

·
Registered
95 Posts
No idea why they thought this would be “not available in North America”, but whatever the issue I guess Polestar worked it out. That section is black on my magnesium + performance pack.

(Yes, a very minor detail, but I found it curious.)
Is it just me or are those of us with the Performance Package in the minority? Am I showing my age by getting it? I'm under 40.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
I cannot figure out this color. Is my vision going or does this car look blue in the pictures? Sometimes it's gray. Sometimes it's blue. Step away from the beverage(s) ...

In any event Looks great. Have fun!
Most of these colors are a little unusual. Thunder definitely looks blue/gray. While Mag sometimes looks white, other time silver.

·
Registered
1,809 Posts
Is it just me or are those of us with the Performance Package in the minority? Am I showing my age by getting it? I'm under 40.
If my sense is correct, the PP is the majority. I might have gotten it except I don't find the PP wheels nearly as good looking as the other 20s, and for me having summer tires is a complete waste. The yellow I can take or leave.

2001 - 2020 of 2057 Posts