Polestar Forum banner

441 - 460 of 658 Posts

·
Registered
598 Posts
Has anyone gotten past the credit check step for leasing / financing, and if so how long did it take? I wonder if my f5-trigger-happiness is overzealous...

Just kidding. I know it is ;)
I believe no. Based on limited info from CS, I think I'm only one of a few, or maybe even the only one to get through credit application submission (without response for ~2 weeks now) for SF. Seems a few might have gotten through that step in LA?
Seems NYC is now operating ~1 week ahead of SF/LA, so I imagine you all will be the first to make it through.

In the meanwhile, I am totally not hitting refresh on the web portal and my email every 2 min. Nope, not obsessing over this at all.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm excited to say that I got the email from the space manager to prepare for delivery. I'm not financing or trading in, so hopefully I'm at the front of the queue. Shipping out of LA. She actually asked if I have a preference for when it would be delivered. I'm not anxious, so said end of month is my preference. I wanted to say before Polestar2 Colorado is my only preference, but thought better of it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm excited to say that I got the email from the space manager to prepare for delivery. I'm not financing or trading in, so hopefully I'm at the front of the queue. Shipping out of LA. She actually asked if I have a preference for when it would be delivered. I'm not anxious, so said end of month is my preference. I wanted to say before Polestar2 Colorado is my only preference, but thought better of it.
Thats great news! Where does your order number fall? Mine is 110080XX and haven't gotten that email yet so you must be ahead of me.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thats great news! Where does your order number fall? Mine is 110080XX and haven't gotten that email yet so you must be ahead of me.
my order number is 1101xxxx so you placed before me. I ordered at the beginning of July. Could be configuration. I'm Midnight, 20" tires no PP, and leather interior.

·
Registered
2 Posts
my order number is 1101xxxx so you placed before me. I ordered at the beginning of July. Could be configuration. I'm Midnight, 20" tires no PP, and leather interior.
Interesting, thanks for sharing. My config is the same as yours with the exception of adding the PP and I placed my order in early June... Were you one of the lucky few that got all the way through finalizing your order in the online portal? I still can't get past the add-ons step (when the page decides to load - it get's stuck on the spinning loading circle half the time).

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Interesting, thanks for sharing. My config is the same as yours with the exception of adding the PP and I placed my order in early June... Were you one of the lucky few that got all the way through finalizing your order in the online portal? I still can't get past the add-ons step (when the page decides to load - it get's stuck on the spinning loading circle half the time).
I've had luck going hitting the back button and then loading a second time. Make sure you accept the cookies (over and over again).

Reactions: SoCal

·
Registered
598 Posts
I just spoke with CS again (Mike and I are BFFs). Apparently the goal is to now start getting through the backlog over these next couple days. I think the end goal of the conversation was to get me to chill out so I wouldn't hit 'refresh' repeatedly. I'll let you know how that goes after the next couple of days.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I got to the finalize order step, but can't complete the order.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Same thing in Utah. I've not put one on the front for at least a decade.
I contacted Manhattan Motors and they indicated they plan to drill holes for the front plate. I asked them not to for my order and I will handle mounting my own front plate on the tow eyelet...not a fan of the offset front plate, but it is better to have the option to drill the plate myself or not permanently damage it.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
No pen. No hoodie. No emergency triangle. I guess I'll just have to settle for the car.

Reactions: toscal353

·
Registered
108 Posts
Has anyone gotten past the credit check step for leasing / financing, and if so how long did it take? I wonder if my f5-trigger-happiness is overzealous...

Just kidding. I know it is ;)
I just submitted the credit check last night...
No pen. No hoodie. No emergency triangle. I guess I'll just have to settle for the car.
You do get some stickers...two I believe...

·
Registered
15 Posts
Another data point:

I'm in the DC area, got a phone call from MM on Friday, email today saying "finalize your order"; everything worked (options, uploading DL and insurance info, etc.) except being able to pick a delivery date (so I checked "none of these dates works" and it let me proceed). This seems like progress, despite the "on course to arrive by September" bit :). I texted the rep who called me, who said that they'll contact me to arrange pickup/delivery once they actually have the car in hand. Too bad they have to take it up from Baltimore to NYC just to bring it back down to DC, but hey. For reference, my order date was 5/30/20, order ID in the low 7900s.

Now I just have to decide whether I want to drive or take Amtrak up to Manhattan and drive it back (which is what I'd do if there wasn't a pandemic on) or pay the extra delivery charge. I'm thinking probably delivery.
Just outside of DC here. CS told me that they would be opening a space in DC sometime early 2021, so lets hope this happens sooner than later so that we can have our cars serviced locally. I might just pick it up and drive it back to save on the delivery fee, but the thought of the car just coming directly to me is very appealing 🤩.

·
Registered
766 Posts
Just outside of DC here. CS told me that they would be opening a space in DC sometime early 2021, so lets hope this happens sooner than later so that we can have our cars serviced locally. I might just pick it up and drive it back to save on the delivery fee, but the thought of the car just coming directly to me is very appealing 🤩.
I'm not far from DC either and got the same story. But considering all the other delays my confidence level on that date is low. And while I understand that NYC is a larger market, I could argue that the DC market is greener.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I'm not far from DC either and got the same story. But considering all the other delays my confidence level on that date is low. And while I understand that NYC is a larger market, I could argue that the DC market is greener.
I agree. There are nothing but Tesla’s around me and I’m kind of sick of seeing them lol. Well, at least DC is in their “plans”. Like everything else pertaining to this car, we just have to wait...and wait...and wait 🤷🏽‍♂️

441 - 460 of 658 Posts