Polestar Forum banner

481 - 500 of 658 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I've now spoken with the US rep in NY and they are ready to deliver my car but they claim that I have to get through the website to get all my info in. And of course that's impossible. I'm stuck on Add Ons and the next step (credit app) remains grayed out. Nothing I do seems to be able to change that. Any ideas or is this just their way of stringing me along until later?
I am a 11008xxx order # and got the email to move thru my order on the 13th. I was able to select add ons successfully, protection plans and actually submit my PII for the credit app. My order states, Manhattan Motors will reach out to you to finalize your credit application (or something close to that).

·
Registered
766 Posts
They claim I can't get a delivery date until I get through the website. It's a catch-22.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Has anyone in the US gotten to the final step of the website of “finalization” after the credit check? And gotten to a delivery window?

has anyone who is considering leasing or financing received a terms sheet for either?

·
Registered
108 Posts
I submitted my credit check, but haven't heard anything since.I am not in a major rush, as my wife's current lease doesn't expire until February although I planned on taking delivery early and having some overlap. Clearly they aren't in a major rush either....

·
Registered
766 Posts
I was also told that leases will not be able to be extended. This is something I've not seen before.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
I wonder who will be the first among us to receive a car in North America. 'Shouldn't be too long now.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nothing yet. I’m hoping the pause is because when they do contact me it will be a combo of reviewing terms and “when do you want to pick it up?”. Basically the car will be in their possession and ready for hand over.

·
Registered
766 Posts
I was told that there is another final email we have to receive before they release the car from the port to dealer so you can pick it up.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Meanwhile I’m going on week 5 of not being able to see my order at all on the website. Reached out to support at least half a dozen times, received the email a week ago to finalize. For more than a month it’s been “my IT guys are looking into/working on it.” This is beginning to get very frustrating, and I am starting to suspect it’s going to impact my delivery date.

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Meanwhile I’m going on week 5 of not being able to see my order at all on the website. Reached out to support at least half a dozen times, received the email a week ago to finalize. For more than a month it’s been “my IT guys are looking into/working on it.” This is beginning to get very frustrating, and I am starting to suspect it’s going to impact my delivery date.
Frustrating!

But when you talk to them, do they say that they see your order and all is just fine?

·
Registered
81 Posts
Frustrating!

But when you talk to them, do they say that they see your order and all is just fine?
Yes, they have said everything is fine on their end — I'm just not sure how exactly I'm supposed to transact if I'm unable to pull up my order at all.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I've decided to walk away. The website issues alone are enough to say Rome is burning, but the garbage communication is the biggest thing. Even little things like people saying the steering column rattles. That is something you just have to live with if you are 700 miles from a service center. It is gut wrenching, but I feel like I am a year too early to buy a vehicle from Polestar. Best of luck to all of you.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I've decided to walk away. The website issues alone are enough to say Rome is burning, but the garbage communication is the biggest thing. Even little things like people saying the steering column rattles. That is something you just have to live with if you are 700 miles from a service center. It is gut wrenching, but I feel like I am a year too early to buy a vehicle from Polestar. Best of luck to all of you.
sorry to hear... You never get a second chance to make a first impression, and unfortunately they seem to be blowing it...

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Maybe we'll see you again in a year or so, SLC. All best wishes.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Understandable @SLCPolestar - I would probably do the same at this point if I weren’t within spitting distance of the Bay Area locations. As it stands I am taking a more hands-off approach and giving them until the end of the year to deliver (my need to purchase this calendar year is purely tax-motivated). Wishing you the best, and hoping we’ll see you in a Polestar once the company is past its teething problems.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Ooof. This is. big blow, @SLCPolestar. You were my partner-in-crime in taking the plunge for a P2 from deep within the American West. There was clearly some comfort in knowing that if you were willing to take the chance, it was not obviously crazy for me to do the same.

Every once in a while, someone on this forum decides to make a clearly rational decision, unclouded by the excitement and novelty of getting this new car. And that forces the rest of us to take a deep breath and step back as well.

So now I'm on the downturn of my periodic emotional rollercoaster. And I'm riding alone...

Best of luck @SLCPolestar.

·
Registered
11 Posts
So, I’ve been out for a few days worth of chats. I too am on the fence. Especially since, there’s been no (very little) communication. I’m so over the wait, I actually whet to Tesla’s website. There’s a Model 3 in Philly configured to my liking and it’s..........$15K less. Honestly, I wasn’t expecting that much of a price difference and it really has me thinking. If my goal was to go full-electric, I cannot ignore the elephant in the room despite my luke-warm feeling toward the appearance and perceived quality. I thought about the Volvo T8, but the ICE still requires regular maintenance and I want to get out of that (currently maintaining a fleet of vehicles for business and personal use). Before, the cost didn’t matter much to me, but as the pandemic looms the responsible thing would be to exercise restraint in all areas; including my daily driver. Again, if the car was able to be purchased, lust would kick-in and I’d forget about all of that but no one (to my knowledge) has received their car. This is concerning for sure, I’m currently on the credit step awaiting contact from Polestar Manhattan to review my terms. Having owned over 30 vehicles in my blessed life, this is different and not in a good way. Polestar offers no reassurance or incentive to stay aboard this wayward boat. Am I alone in this feeling?

·
Registered
766 Posts
I was assured that if the car breaks down anywhere in the US they will attempt to fix it or retrieve it. They may not do that for a squeaky wheel but you won't get stuck. That keeps me in the game.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I was assured that if the car breaks down anywhere in the US they will attempt to fix it or retrieve it. They may not do that for a squeaky wheel but you won't get stuck. That keeps me in the game.
That would totally keep me in the game. But how do we get this in writing? Mike???

·
Registered
598 Posts
That would totally keep me in the game. But how do we get this in writing? Mike???
At least for now the website implies that 4 yrs of free roadside assistance is included.

Reading through the links it seem if the car has to be towed, they'll cover 150 mi from the service point.

It does seem there are gray areas that need to be clarified. But overall they're at least saying that they're enabling a Tesla ranger type system so techs will come to you to get you on your way?

481 - 500 of 658 Posts