Polestar Forum banner
1,121 - 1,140 of 2,078 Posts
Make sure you check back on the polestar website for status changes - I was approved for the financing in less than a day but didn't get any email or any notification until I logged in and saw it. Now it says I'm waiting for someone from Marin to contact me. Also noticed they think my deposit was $500 now instead of the $1000 I paid, and none of the numbers really add up in a way that makes sense to me. Given the website has so many issues, I'm just waiting until they contact me to clear that up.
I have the same deposit problem and using the Marin, CA space for pick-up. It will be interesting to see which number they use when they send the proposed paperwork.

Hmm, the numbers on the order don't match the web site, but close enough. And I have a VIN! This is definitely promising.
Leasing or financing? I financed and the excise tax and registration were my only surprises. My state avoids sales tax, so that saved some $$

Thanks!

Some data points I gleaned:
- First 'customer' deliveries were actually a fleet of ~25 to Google for employee use and testing/development of Android Automotive.

- I'm the 2nd nonGoogle delivery in N America! First was the guy posting on FB in Marin. I'm the first from San Jose. NYC is ramping up as y'all have been hearing. LA is apparently working out some final paperwork of setting up their Space and getting a DMV license. It's all really happening

- So far no niggles, errors, loose windows, charging mishaps or anything. Car is charging finally on my home EVSE fine. My iPhone 12 mini charged a bit on the wireless pad (though maybe temperamental/positional? Got <10% juice in 30 min). No errors thrown - just threw my neck back with very scientific studies of drivetrain performance. Will be completing further tests soon (with pics!).

- It wasn't a complete joke re Audi. In my diligence I went back to the Audi and Jag dealers I spoke with before to see what they could do. If you want an etron or an IPace there are definitely deals to be had, for sure, especially from Audi. They have lease deals on e-trons that are stupidly discounted and seem to have quotas they need to meet.
But that said, I wanted a polestar. Even with great negotiated deals, I couldn't bring myself to take them up over the P*2. [and the 0% financing deal is arguably still better $$-wise]. Heart over head, perhaps. But if I was just going with my head, I'd be in an econobox appliance like the Camry I sold a couple months ago. The Polestar is special - and it's mine dammit; stop drooling and get your own!
You count as the 1st in my book!! The other guy doesn't post here.

LOL here is to a great 1st weekend!!!

Did you run thru the checklist of common issues during pickup??

I also note the shocking lack of Hoodie....I am concerned.

Hey guys....
this is really hard to say.... I got a great deal on an e-tron sportback and basically couldn't say no. Pics below
Went this AM and picked it up.

I'm really gutted because I was really looking forward to the Polestar. But at the end of the day, had to go with head over heart on this one...

View attachment 1853 View attachment 1854

Wait. Hold up.... dammit my idiot self must've gone to the wrong dealership at got me a Polestar after all!

Well, what it gives up in cargo space and weird bulbous proportions, it makes up in style, infotainment, and burrito carrying devices.

I think I'll keep it
Amazing, congrats! Thanks for the pics.

I have the same deposit problem and using the Marin, CA space for pick-up. It will be interesting to see which number they use when they send the proposed paperwork.
I'm 100% confident that the website is, and has been, sh!t for some time so am just ignoring it and enjoying a negroni, perfect after 10 hours on zoom meetings all day :oops:

You are telling me! So if the Max Residual Value is capped at $64,200 of MSRP, I have to wait for my official numbers from the space to see what the total residual is. My MSRP is $73,048 so I sure hope at least a normal 52%-ish rate applies to the balance over $64,200.
Don't bank on it. It's simply not calculated that way. The car has an MSRP and it has a value after 3 years, that's it. Divide those 2 numbers and you get the residual percentage.

FWIW my ‘21 e-tron has a 52% residual. Gross cap cost is $79k and residual is $41377. After the incentives and rebate the adjusted cap cost is $65.5k

I agree that 64% is pretty good and likely an exchange for the $7500 rebate. the last few BMWs I’ve leased have been in the 58-60% range. I think the highest I’ve ever gotten is 65% on a 2011 M3 convertible.
How do you like the E-Tron. Test drove the sportback tonight and was impressed

How do you like the E-Tron. Test drove the sportback tonight and was impressed
I like it more and more every day. It is more efficient than I expected. I don’t want to spam everyone with my road trip video again but I posted it on a thread earlier. I do wish it were a little sportier but I think it’s the perfect size for me and I love the consistent high speed charging.

I like it more and more every day. It is more efficient than I expected. I don’t want to spam everyone with my road trip video again but I posted it on a thread earlier. I do wish it were a little sportier but I think it’s the perfect size for me and I love the consistent high speed charging.
I never mentioned, but I thought your video was well done - thanks for putting the time into that and sharing with us. I plan to use the Rocklin station on some trips so that part was especially welcomed.

Reactions: sor
I finally got through to someone at Manhattan Motorcars who was very kind and helpful. She apologized for the lack of communication over the past few months. I was told that I could expect NYC delivery in 2-4 weeks (order placed September 2020). However, my main concern since making the deposit was whether the Fed / NYS rebates would be applied. I was originally told that they would be at the NYC space but here is what I heard:

Q: What is the actual price of the lease?
A: Fees + taxes in NYC would be approximately $3,500. Paying those up front, a 10k miles / 36 mo. lease with Thunder as the only option comes out to $730 per month.

Q: Can the $1,300 "delivery fee" could be waived if I pick up the car?
A: No, the delivery fee is non-negotiable and is actually the transportation fee from the port.

Q: Is the $7,500 fed rebate being applied?
A: The fed rebate is being applied to make the lease payments lower. I asked whether it was through a cap cost reduction, high residual or other means. I'm not sure if she understood and said it's calculated in the "algorithm" on the website. I later found that she was basing the "quote" on the website configurator which is an "estimate" at best. I'm certain that little to none of the Fed incentive is actually being passed to the lessee.

Q: Is the $2,000 NYS rebate being applied?
A: First, I was told that the NYS rebate is "$500" because my configuration is above $59k. However, this is incorrect as the eligibility for a $2k rebate applies to the base price of the EV rather than the sticker. This is almost certainly why Polestar changed the price to just below $60k. I was also told that I'd have to claim this as a deduction in my personal tax return. However, I think this is wrong as well since the NYS website says that the $2k is conferred to the dealer at the time of Lease (please correct me if I'm mistaken). As many of you know, Polestar isn't even listed on the NYS website so its unlikely this is happening either.

I'm going to try one more attempt to obtain the actual terms of the lease. If it stays anywhere near $3,500 drive off / $730 per month, I'll very sadly have to cancel my order because these rates simply aren't competitive with other cars. As an example, I received a quote for a BMW M340i ($62k MRSP) for $3k drive off / $625 per month - this before negotiating and with no EV rebate to speak of. I also received a quote for a Volvo S60 T6 ($47k MSRP) for $0 drive off / $495 per month.

I love the PS2 but I encourage anyone considering a lease at these terms to either 1) finance at 0% APR (while receiving the fed rebate) or 2) get quotes + negotiate from a few competitors just to know what else is out there.

Good luck everyone!

I too live far from a space so went to drive one tonight as a backup plan. I was completely and surprisingly impressed. That interior is on another level of luxury. Gave me something to think about.

I went with etron for two reasons- it felt more luxurious and comfortable than my model x; lack of aggressive regen like polestar 2 actually is a blessing for us as my wife always felt nauseous with model x and Chevy volt. She doesn't feel that with e-tron

You count as the 1st in my book!! The other guy doesn't post here.

LOL here is to a great 1st weekend!!!

Did you run thru the checklist of common issues during pickup??

I also note the shocking lack of Hoodie....I am concerned.
I used Brave Sir Richard’s checklist. Nothing was obviously wrong although I was kind of rushed picking up the car on a lunch break. I just checked it over a bit further while installing the car seats and so far so good! Only niggle is I don’t see my WiFi network - I’m going to check the dual v single band thing now for that.

Sadly no hoodie :(
But there is a jack for @ProfessorCook and the frunk also has a nice removable divider thing to keep the beer and burritos separated. And there’s a nice polestar branded strap thing which I don’t know quite what its meant for but I have a variety of unnatural thoughts of what could be done with it. There’s also a carrier bag to hold random items like the tow ball insert etc. Charging cable as expected with 14-50 and 5-15/20 plugs. also comes with Volvo leather wipes because it’s not a Volvo.

I too am excited for the first weekend drives! I’ll take pics which will be a lot of my work parking lot where I need to be the whole of this weekend, maddeningly.

Charging cable as expected with 14-50 and 5-15/20 plugs.
The charging cable comes with a 14-50 plug? OK, that's interesting to know. I figured it was going to be a 5-15 and anything bigger would be extra.

Reactions: Warb
Leasing or financing? I financed and the excise tax and registration were my only surprises. My state avoids sales tax, so that saved some $$
Neither: Cash (wire transfer). Pricing from Polestar NYC was lower than the website. I asked for a price breakdown, since they only gave totals for price, fees, and tax. Not an unpleasant surprise, just curious about the difference.

Reactions: Warb
The charging cable comes with a 14-50 plug? OK, that's interesting to know. I figured it was going to be a 5-15 and anything bigger would be extra.
Yep! You can screw on whichever one of the two you need. Rather convenient!
I'm thinking of getting a heavy duty extension cable for 5-15 trickle charging at AirBNB's etc.... you know. when we can actually go anywhere again.

Not the best photos, but this is what I saw in my test drive

the frunk also has a nice removable divider thing to keep the beer and burritos separated. And there’s a nice polestar branded strap thing which I don’t know quite what its meant for but I have a variety of unnatural thoughts of what could be done with it.
What are these mysterious items you speak of? I can find no archive of such artifacts in our brief P* history? I like burritos and I like beer so am extremely interested! The strap is less exciting having lived in SF for 25 years and seeing many things of which are probably not suitable for this membership... photos?

1,121 - 1,140 of 2,078 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.