Polestar Forum banner
1,181 - 1,200 of 2,078 Posts
Congrats on getting the car ! very jealous....as I mentioned elsewhere, for a variety of reasons my wife wanted to go with the Y, so we had put down $100 for a tentative order. It seems Tesla doesn't have their act together either. It said delivery in 6-8 weeks, and when I went on the website 2 days ago it shows we have a delivery appointment next week, at a time/date that we never agreed to. Not a big deal because we can change that, but where is the communication we were supposed to get from them? Even worse, in the payment section it shows us as purchasing/financing the car with a monthly payment of over $900. We had signed up with leasing terms, with a payment just over $600...Anyhow, I hope noone here has the issues that afflicted the European deliveries, and hope to be getting one in the future for myself so we can both be driving EVs :)
it was the cup holder situation that swayed her wasn’t it?

Financing just approved and paperwork will be signed and the car delivered next week (to our house - I guess they aren't set up to work with local Volvo Dealers - we have two here).

FYI - We were going to do a trade-in but in speaking with Jeff, he said we would then also have to pay to ship the trade-in back to Manhattan...so we'll try to sell it ourselves or see what Carmax will give us for it.
Nice! I was told a month or so ago delivery to NH was enough to cause a delay in the process, so I just rented a car and decided to simplify things to avoid any opportunities for logistical issues.

Also, for registration purposes NH is pretty lax in comparison to MA. I am able to get a 25 day temp plate at the dealer and slap it on the boot and go, so lucked out!!

Lastly, give Amica a look on insurance, I shopped a bit and left USAA after 20 years due to the rate differences. I have never dealt with a claim yet with Amica so not sure on that end of it, but the cost was very appealing

Congrats on getting the car ! very jealous....as I mentioned elsewhere, for a variety of reasons my wife wanted to go with the Y, so we had put down $100 for a tentative order. It seems Tesla doesn't have their act together either. It said delivery in 6-8 weeks, and when I went on the website 2 days ago it shows we have a delivery appointment next week, at a time/date that we never agreed to. Not a big deal because we can change that, but where is the communication we were supposed to get from them? Even worse, in the payment section it shows us as purchasing/financing the car with a monthly payment of over $900. We had signed up with leasing terms, with a payment just over $600...Anyhow, I hope noone here has the issues that afflicted the European deliveries, and hope to be getting one in the future for myself so we can both be driving EVs :)
That is probably a reject . . . So look at it closely. Many forums will tell you the right VIN range to look at.

The next 3 years is gonna be so interesting with all of these EVs entering the market. Wild West.

Nice! I was told a month or so ago delivery to NH was enough to cause a delay in the process, so I just rented a car and decided to simplify things to avoid any opportunities for logistical issues.

Also, for registration purposes NH is pretty lax in comparison to MA. I am able to get a 25 day temp plate at the dealer and slap it on the boot and go, so lucked out!!

Lastly, give Amica a look on insurance, I shopped a bit and left USAA after 20 years due to the rate differences. I have never dealt with a claim yet with Amica so not sure on that end of it, but the cost was very appealing
I've been with Amica for over 20 years and have always loved having them as my insurer. They're strong advocates for their clients and don't relent to frivolous suits.

What are these mysterious items you speak of? I can find no archive of such artifacts in our brief P* history? I like burritos and I like beer so am extremely interested! The strap is less exciting having lived in SF for 25 years and seeing many things of which are probably not suitable for this membership... photos?

contents of my frunk including Jack, charging cables (can see the 5-15 adapter underneath on the left), and the unfurled strap which I think is actually meant for cable management/carrying and not whatever @ProfessorCook was thinking.

underneath the front divider thing is the tire puncture kit including tire iron, and the hoodie.

View attachment 1875

contents of my frunk including Jack, charging cables (can see the 5-15 adapter underneath on the left), and the unfurled strap which I think is actually meant for cable management/carrying and not whatever @ProfessorCook was thinking.

underneath the front divider thing is the tire puncture kit including tire iron, and the hoodie.
That charger is worth over $500 which is great (and surprising) if you don't already have one.

Thanks, that divider wasn't in the demo car I drove, but the rest looks consistent - looks like the divider piece maybe lifts out easily if you don't want it in there?

Reactions: polerad
Thanks, that divider wasn't in the demo car I drove, but the rest looks consistent - looks like the divider piece maybe lifts out easily if you don't want it in there?
yep it easily comes out. And the jack and its cradle come out too along with the tire puncture kit I believe.

Reactions: ProfessorCook
View attachment 1875

I'm beyond confused with the charger. If you plug that directly into a NEMA 50amp plug, what charging speed do you get? I already have a juice box.

I'm beyond confused with the charger. If you plug that directly into a NEMA 50amp plug, what charging speed do you get? I already have a juice box.
you’d get ~40A charging for a 50A circuit with a 14-50 outlet.
this cable is meant to be a portable EVSE for charging while on the road or if you don’t have a home EVSE (like the juicebox).

Reactions: ProfessorCook
you’d get ~40A charging for a 50A circuit with a 14-50 outlet.
this cable is meant to be a portable EVSE for charging while on the road or if you don’t have a home EVSE (like the juicebox).
Technically you should get 9 watts our of it (40x240).

It's nice but kind of bizarre that they included that thing because where are you going to go and find a randome 14-50 plug? My concern is if you fit the 15 amp connector on it, you better set your car for a max of 12 amps least you blow the circuit on the outlet.

More (and photos) later, but just checking in to let y'all know that a new Polestar 2 is currently sitting in my garage and I love it already. I think the (awesome) team at Polestar Marin was about as excited as we were. Also, the 20-ish mile drive home only took about 10 miles off of the range readout, so this is me saying that everything so far is as-advertised. Super excited to have these cars rolling out.

Hello, everyone,

I'm pretty new new to Polestar and this forum, so I thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm a retired community college administrator, and my wife is a retired community college professor. We live in Long Beach, California (which is about 20 miles south of LA). According to the Polestar app, we will receive our car sometime in December.

I didn't discover Polestar until this September, so I've been spared the long, excruciating wait that I've read about on this thread. Although the Polestar is a wonderful car, it is not the car of my dreams, which would be more like a Porsche Taycan, which I can't afford. Given that reality, and the fact that my wife doesn't like Elon Musk (not to mention Teslas have become pretty commonplace in Southern California) or SUVs, and that we've sworn off gasoline, the Polestar 2 seems the best choice for us.

Even though I yearn for a Porsche, and even though the environmentally irresponsible part of me wants a BMW M-class or even (don't tell my wife) one of those new Corvettes, we have owned Volvos. The 240 station wagon, which was beautiful in its boxiness. An S60, which was very nice but also 'meh.' My wife still has a '73 1800 ES, which she cherishes more than me but less than our children. We once had a SAAB 900 and wish we still did.

And now, soon, a Polestar 2, which, if you squint and forget that it's a four-door hatchback, has a hint of the line of a SAAB 900.

Our experience with Polestar has been good. Soon after finding out about the car, I scheduled a test drive at my home. That was a friendly, no-pressure experience. The interior was gorgeous. I liked the Google interface, even though I'm an Apple user. I liked that Polestar kept buttons and the dash screen, rather than throwing that all away like Tesla has done: who wants to scroll through a screen just to turn the volume up or down? The car had impressive speed, though I miss the nimble feel of a lighter car. I wanted something with a range of 200+ miles, and the PStar2 checks that box. And it's a hatchback with a big trunk, which is important to me because I want to put my bicycle there rather than using a bike rack. With the rear seats down, the trunk has ample space for that.

I put down a deposit a few days later, and received a phone call that day from the LA Space manager to touch base.

Then came the email announcements which have been shared on this thread ("It's arriving soon!!!" "It's landed!!!" "$500 in free charging!!!").

I am now at the stage of filling out the financial information on the website. At first I was unable to move from the first step to the second on the website, so I emailed Polestar to let them know. I just figured the site was buggy and nothing would actually happen until I was dealing with actual paper paperwork across the table from an actual human. However, I got a call from Polestar that day saying that I should now be able to proceed to the next step, which I have since then done. That stage deals with my trade-in. I sent the information yesterday, and got an email this morning from the LA Space manager to acknowledge the receipt of the trade-in information and to say they'll get back with a quote soon. I'm in no rush.

So, as someone who just jumped in only a few months ago, it's gone smoothly. I was braced for worse, both because of some of the experiences shared on this forum, and also because a few of my friends were first purchasers of Tesla 3s, and their wait was excruciating. And then, when they got their cars, the paint peeled.

I look forward to reading your posts, like from PolestarMG just now, as you receive your Polestars.

Cheers, David

Technically you should get 9 watts our of it (40x240).

It's nice but kind of bizarre that they included that thing because where are you going to go and find a randome 14-50 plug? My concern is if you fit the 15 amp connector on it, you better set your car for a max of 12 amps least you blow the circuit on the outlet.
9kW, about 1000 times more. 9 W would take a veeeeery long time😉

OK friends, a few so-so photos from the parking spot in my garage. Promise to take some actual beauty shots soon. I am absolutely loving the Barley interior, and the way the ambient lighting looks on the lighter wood. A good contrast with Void.

One extra touch I noticed that I don’t recall seeing mentioned here, is that there’s a little holder for a charging card in the glovebox, just below where the user manual is stored (pictured). The chargers in our garage are card-activated, so it’s nice to have some hidden storage for it. Also pleasantly surprised to find that the center console storage section in front of the cup holder is more or less the exact size of a Bay Area FasTrak toll tag.

1,181 - 1,200 of 2,078 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.