Polestar Forum banner
1,201 - 1,220 of 2,078 Posts
Gratz guys. I hope the experience in the US is a great one for you!

One extra touch I noticed that I don’t recall seeing mentioned here, is that there’s a little holder for a charging card in the glovebox, just below where the user manual is stored (pictured).
I had seen that, however I have like 5 or 6 cars now and they don't all fit in there. I'm using the little one by the drivers knee's to store them all.

Reactions: PolestarMG
Hi all, post #2, but have been lurking for quite a while before creating an account. I'm in West Tennessee and put my deposit down for a PP Midnight back in June. I am closer to the Manhattan space so that's where my car is coming from. I spoke with a rep yesterday - he called me to schedule delivery. He was a bit ahead of himself though as I had switched from cash to 0% financing (who can say no to free money!) a week or so ago and while I was happy to go ahead and schedule the delivery, he had to connect me with the finance manager today to get that paperwork done. That is when I found out that I need to send a copy of my driver's license and proof of insurance before they will overnight me the paperwork for the financing. Plus my signature on the paperwork once I get it has to be notarized. I thought getting the car delivered just on my verbal promise to pay was probably not sufficient. ;)

But both of the people I have spoken to have been very friendly. The finance manager explained the process well and did not rush me off the phone: we had a very nice conversation. He also provided my VIN (ends in 116XX) and followed up with an email so I have his address going forward. They are getting cars next week and are scheduling delivery/pickup for this batch now. Seems they are working through the weekend to keep up.

Note that this is the first new car I have purchased for myself since my 1996 Volvo 850R, which I still drive and will keep until I die (much to my wife's chagrin). I'd be happy to post a photo of it if anyone is interested, but that is not the topic at hand of course and I don't want to get crosswise with the moderators. Needless to say I am very excited and a bit apprehensive as I hope all of the issues have been fixed now and I won't have to send it back for repairs. I can't wait to be part of the club - I suspect it will be a very exclusive club here locally - at least for awhile. :)

It's nice but kind of bizarre that they included that thing because where are you going to go and find a randome 14-50 plug? My concern is if you fit the 15 amp connector on it, you better set your car for a max of 12 amps least you blow the circuit on the outlet.
I’m told by some of my EV-owning friends that 14-50 outlets can be found at a lot of RV camp sites.

Good to luck to all on your Polestar 2 journey. Unfortunately mine came to an end today. I just couldn’t chance being 450 miles from service center. It was a tough decision but I think the right one for me. I will still be entering the EV world but with an Audi E-tron Sportback Prestige that I was able to lease slightly above what my PS2 PP would have been. Will be picking up on Monday and will rest easier knowing there is an Audi dealership 40 miles from my home. Good luck and safe EV travels.

Did you finance/lease? If you don't mind sharing terms it would be appreciated. Also did you get the new 1500 California rebate?
Happy to share. I took the 0%, 60-month financing. My trade-in, deposit, and an additional down payment were applied against the purchase price and the rest divided simply across the term of the loan - overall I would say that the team are very helpful and the paperwork clear. Easy transaction. I did not get the new CA rebate, however there is an $800 PG&E rebate available through the end of the year that is an either/or with the new rebate, so I will apply for that (once the permanent registration card arrives).

Hi all, post #2, but have been lurking for quite a while before creating an account. I'm in West Tennessee and put my deposit down for a PP Midnight back in June. I am closer to the Manhattan space so that's where my car is coming from. I spoke with a rep yesterday - he called me to schedule delivery. He was a bit ahead of himself though as I had switched from cash to 0% financing (who can say no to free money!) a week or so ago and while I was happy to go ahead and schedule the delivery, he had to connect me with the finance manager today to get that paperwork done. That is when I found out that I need to send a copy of my driver's license and proof of insurance before they will overnight me the paperwork for the financing. Plus my signature on the paperwork once I get it has to be notarized. I thought getting the car delivered just on my verbal promise to pay was probably not sufficient. ;)

But both of the people I have spoken to have been very friendly. The finance manager explained the process well and did not rush me off the phone: we had a very nice conversation. He also provided my VIN (ends in 116XX) and followed up with an email so I have his address going forward. They are getting cars next week and are scheduling delivery/pickup for this batch now. Seems they are working through the weekend to keep up.

Note that this is the first new car I have purchased for myself since my 1996 Volvo 850R, which I still drive and will keep until I die (much to my wife's chagrin). I'd be happy to post a photo of it if anyone is interested, but that is not the topic at hand of course and I don't want to get crosswise with the moderators. Needless to say I am very excited and a bit apprehensive as I hope all of the issues have been fixed now and I won't have to send it back for repairs. I can't wait to be part of the club - I suspect it will be a very exclusive club here locally - at least for awhile. :)
Hi Mick,
Congratulations. I moved to Florida 4 years ago from West Tennessee (Collierville). Like you, I'm concerned about distance from a Space and I'm happy to wait and see what will happen with new spaces in 2021; I'm hoping for one in Florida. I have sent in information for my trade-in, but that's as far as I've gotten. Are you going to NY to pickup or having it delivered?

I am curious, as always, on the priority in getting cars to the first customers. I put down my deposit in March of 2019 and an order date of 6/6/20. Anyway, hope all goes well and you're zipping around soon in a new P*2.

Hi ScottM. I'm in Piperton, so we'll be close and have to get together. I'm having it delivered - although during normal times I'm in NY once or twice a month at least, but since March we're not traveling at all - everything is remote work. I thought about flying up and driving it back down, but I'm not confident there would be enough charging infrastructure to get me back home efficiently. Also, with the spike of Covid spread, I'm not sure it makes sense to fly currently.

Let's stay connected - it will be good to share experiences. :)

1,201 - 1,220 of 2,078 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.