Polestar Forum banner

1961 - 1980 of 2057 Posts

·
Registered
510 Posts
Was great meeting you in person @julianm - oh my gosh, the first drive left me with perma-grin. I averaged 41kWh/100mi but was giving it all the beans and then some (responsibly of course, mr. officer). Guy in a Mercedes AMG suv gunned it to catch up and gave me a big thumbs up on the drive :)
At last!!! Congratulations!!!!

·
Registered
California
199 Posts
With the Performance package option, the roof section joining the roof to the rear window is black, creating an area of continuous dark from the windshield to the rear of the car (not available in North America).
No idea why they thought this would be “not available in North America”, but whatever the issue I guess Polestar worked it out. That section is black on my magnesium + performance pack.

(Yes, a very minor detail, but I found it curious.)

·
Registered
269 Posts
No idea why they thought this would be “not available in North America”, but whatever the issue I guess Polestar worked it out. That section is black on my magnesium + performance pack.

(Yes, a very minor detail, but I found it curious.)
Black on mine with the PP as well, looks nice.

·
Registered
269 Posts
Just thinking...a trip down to Laguna Seca and a few hot laps sure would be fun. I wonder what a PP would handle like through the Corkscrew? :unsure:
I'd love to do this, but we would have to figure out logistics. I've gone down there with NASA a few times in my Porsche and a friend's Caterham, but you generally get four 20min hot lap sessions, which I don't think we'd have the juice for.

I think the corkscrew would be fine, we have good ground clearance and it's really just a point and shoot type thing with a car like this - it's all about the braking and setup at the top, then it's just holding your line down the hill. Based on my drive today, this car would be quite decent at the track but I do worry about the tires degrading fast due to all of the weight.

Perhaps we need the admin to set up a Bay Area regional group for us to kibitz and form a group here? @rgledhill?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Finally got to drive mine and take a couple of pix.

I have some issues (tires, phone connectivity), but the driving part is great. The cupholder is in an annoying position. I keep a water bottle there on my drive to tennis/paddle and it just gets in the way. I'll learn to live with it.

What frustrates me is how there are certain things that I look at and think "wow, they really thought about this," while there are others that I can't believe actually got into production.

Overall, I'm sure I'll be happy once I get my tire and phone issues sorted. Really happy to be driving electric again after almost 7 years.
PS2-1.jpg

·
Registered
47 Posts
Has anyone with deliveries in the last few weeks recieved either their "welcome letter" for the loan or the Chargepoint credits yet?

·
Registered
2021 2
1,308 Posts
I'd love to do this, but we would have to figure out logistics. I've gone down there with NASA a few times in my Porsche and a friend's Caterham, but you generally get four 20min hot lap sessions, which I don't think we'd have the juice for.

I think the corkscrew would be fine, we have good ground clearance and it's really just a point and shoot type thing with a car like this - it's all about the braking and setup at the top, then it's just holding your line down the hill. Based on my drive today, this car would be quite decent at the track but I do worry about the tires degrading fast due to all of the weight.

Perhaps we need the admin to set up a Bay Area regional group for us to kibitz and form a group here? @rgledhill?
the upside of shredding my stock summer tires would be then having an excuse to go ahead and get all seasons!

·
Registered
California
199 Posts
I have some issues (tires, phone connectivity), but the driving part is great. The cupholder is in an annoying position. I keep a water bottle there on my drive to tennis/paddle and it just gets in the way. I'll learn to live with it.
If it’s a fully-closed water bottle and you’re not really drinking from it while driving, does it fit in the door? I know that spot’s a little tight, but sometimes it works.

·
Registered
2021 2
1,308 Posts
Has anyone with deliveries in the last few weeks recieved either their "welcome letter" for the loan or the Chargepoint credits yet?
got the ChargePoint credit in a timely manner after mid Nov delivery

Still no “welcome letter” though last week was assured it should come in the next 2-3 weeks, which I take as PST (Polestar standard time)

·
Registered
87 Posts
I received my Chargepoint credits this past week. I also have two letters from Polestar Financial Services that arrived Friday that I have not opened yet.

Still do not have my final paperwork to register the car and the tag expires Friday. I left Jeff a message this past Friday and have not received a response (typical).

Reactions: Ms. PS2

·
Registered
61 Posts
If it’s a fully-closed water bottle and you’re not really drinking from it while driving, does it fit in the door? I know that spot’s a little tight, but sometimes it works.
no, it doesn't fit, and it isn't even a huge one :(

·
Registered
42 Posts
I received my Chargepoint credits this past week. I also have two letters from Polestar Financial Services that arrived Friday that I have not opened yet.

Still do not have my final paperwork to register the car and the tag expires Friday. I left Jeff a message this past Friday and have not received a response (typical).
I received an email with the CP credit last week; one week after delivery. My temp transit tag expired this weekend but I was given the usual message about how forgiving law enforcement are these days. When I pressed back and suggested that I was concerned about exposure to liability I was told they would send me some sort of letter indicating that the registration paperwork was being processed. I am still waiting...

1961 - 1980 of 2057 Posts