Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Starting a new thread for updates on US East Coast status.

I talked to Michael "Polestar" this AM by phone; he answers as Michael, so maybe we shouldn't be calling him Mike (I know that bugs some folks with that name). [I decided not to pester him for his last name after all as I think my NYS rebate issue is being handled another way.] As I have my current car sold, I needed an update on delivery date so I can decide if I need a rental car or just pester my wife to be in-house Uber driver.

My order is shown as September on my account page, but his current expected delivery date is 10/22-11/05.
[Although my first order was placed in July 2019, I canceled in April (covid finance indeterminism) then reinstated it as of July 2020; but I believe I am in the first order delivery group, nonetheless.]
However, he said this might be sooner, depending on numerous factors based on ship arrival etc. He did not have a ship name, so don't ask. It wasn't clear if the first set of East Coast cars are already en route or not.

He further said that his IT guys are expecting to be able to provide more details to our individual Account pages in the next week or two; initially, this won't be a VIN, but that will be as soon as they can provide those. He has heard from a number of customers that insurance companies want those VINs, as do I so I can get that squared away. Many ins. cos. have not yet listed Polestar 2, so you can pipe up with those that have in this thread (for US customers).

I verified that Manhattan Motorcars is indeed the dealer of record for the Manhattan Polestar Space and service site post-sale. They (Motorcars) will be the ones arranging the financing and delivery details.

Confirmed that accessories are port added, as I said 'please don't hold up my car if you can't get the floor mats!' but he said that was not an issue. Changing colors: issue (but I am not planning to do that). However, some lucky duckies might get a car sooner if they happened to pick a build that someone else had changed their mind on. As we've surmised, they built a number of permutations, some are matched to orders, some are on spec, so you could get lucky or screwed depending on what you try to change to.

Cars will arrive at the Newark Port Terminal for prep and options like roof rack, tow hook, mats (hey, I picked up my special order 850 Turbo from that wharf many years ago!). Snow tires (not shown on the US order page) may be an option that Manhattan Motorcars can discuss when they are doing the financing, etc. but Mike and I agreed that they can be put on at any competent tire shop, as long as the rim width disparity is pointed out to the mechanic. So i will likely deal with that myself at a local shop.

We chatted about a number of things including the NYS rebate program. He thinks official EPA tests were possibly being done over the last couple weeks so there should be a real number soon. And yes, Polestar very intentionally dropped MSRP to under the magic $60K to help out several states' rebate recipients.

Pleasant chat, I think that's all the hot scoops for now.

Premium Member
I've also chatted with Michael a few times and he gave the same, consistent information to me. At least there's consistency, eh?
I changed colors and my delivery time slipped because of it, but he told me mid-October to early November could be expected.
I'm currently using my wife's car which will do, but I am looking forward to getting back in my own car.
Good idea for this thread. Thank you.

Registered
I have spoken with him several times - he claims mine (in Massachusetts) is to be delivered last week of Sept/first week of Aug and has said I should hear soon. Of course that was 2 weeks ago and I鈥檝e heard nothing. I still don鈥檛 know the lease pricing (the webpage makes no sense) or how the registration works. I also sold my other car so. . . . fingers crossed.

Premium Member
I have spoken with him several times - he claims mine (in Massachusetts) is to be delivered last week of Sept/first week of Aug and has said I should hear soon.
So that's two of us in Massachusetts. We should organize a rally.

Registered
Thanks!
@I_Kent_Spelgud did you get a sense of the source of the IT issues? Is it that they have to hook up Polestar corporate's backend with that of the individual Space's for each region?
Trying to glean what I can about the implications for us in the West.

@Guyownscar I hear you re the online lease pricing making no sense!

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks!
@I_Kent_Spelgud did you get a sense of the source of the IT issues? Is it that they have to hook up Polestar corporate's backend with that of the individual Space's for each region?
Trying to glean what I can about the implications for us in the West.
Something like that. I think he alluded to it but I didn't press the point since neither he nor I can make it happen any faster. I think he's counting on it fixing a lot of the issues with information flow.

Registered
Nice. FWIW, I am on the west coast, but put in an email inquiry about status and he noted (last Tuesday) that VIN #s should start appearing 鈥渋n the next couple weeks or so.鈥 Delivery is apparently on track for late Sept - early Oct. All in all, that seems fairly consistent with the information you鈥檙e getting.

Oh, and he signed his name 鈥淢ike鈥 so we鈥檙e all good on that front too :)

Registered
I had reserved a Thunder car back in January and expected a September delivery. After my test drive, I decided to go Midnight and the site shows November delivery. :(

Registered
Well, it would be great to know when 鈥淪eptember鈥 is . . . . I was told that they would reach out at least 30 days before the date to finalize things (like giving me a lease price that makes sense rather than the gibberish on the website) and I still have heard nothing.

Registered
Well, it would be great to know when 鈥淪eptember鈥 is . . . . I was told that they would reach out at least 30 days before the date to finalize things (like giving me a lease price that makes sense rather than the gibberish on the website) and I still have heard nothing.
I agree with all that you said. Told the exact same things.

Registered
True, but I hate that I have to go to the back of the line, even if it would have been September 30. First world problems.馃し鈥嶁檧锔

Registered
I had reserved a Thunder car back in January and expected a September delivery. After my test drive, I decided to go Midnight and the site shows November delivery. :(
After seeing some of the initial press photos, I almost made the switch from Void to Midnight, but really don鈥檛 want to add 2 months of waiting time (or risk not getting into the 2020 tax year at all). Plus not being able to see an actual Midnight car yet 馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔 Looks gorgeous tho.

Registered
After seeing some of the initial press photos, I almost made the switch from Void to Midnight, but really don鈥檛 want to add 2 months of waiting time (or risk not getting into the 2020 tax year at all). Plus not being able to see an actual Midnight car yet 馃し馃徏鈥嶁檪锔 Looks gorgeous tho.
Think you'll be happy with Void. After seeing them all in person, think it's best looking despite having ordered Midnight.

Registered
Maybe they are using metric September which has 6 weeks instead of 4.
At one point I actually asked Mike, when he said test drives/VIN availability/etc would happen "Late Summer", if they were using the astronomical definition of Summer (which ends 22 Sept) vs the meteorological definition (which ended 31 Aug). He, and mrs. polerad, might have worries about my mental state.

Premium Member
After seeing some of the initial press photos, I almost made the switch from Void to Midnight, but really don鈥檛 want to add 2 months of waiting time.
I did exactly this and took the hit on delivery. I guess I'll find out if it was worth it, lol.

Registered
Think you'll be happy with Void. After seeing them all in person, think it's best looking despite having ordered Midnight.
Thanks! I suspect there aren鈥檛 really any bad choices. Did get to see Void in the San Francisco space and am absolutely fine with it. And am justifying not making a switch with $1,200 savings 馃槀

Registered
Just go to a Volvo car dealer with a Denim Blue car on the lot. This is the same color as Midnight.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts