Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen posts about people stuck on various steps in the financing process. Where does the first step begin? Is it through the Update button?

Earlier today I switched to financing on the website and sent an email to custsupp asking for instructions on how to proceed with the application process. Interestingly, I received a call from PS a few hours later, asking if I could access the financing page on the website. After several attempts to move forward I was told that IT would have to get involved.

I am still stuck on the screen that shows the summary of the order; there are 3 update buttons in various parts of the screen but they are all disabled. If I change financing terms the main update button is accessible.

PSA: The NYC space is trying to complete their deliveries by mid-December, according to the representative who called me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was in a similar situation, but it resolved more quickly. I think you need to wait for PS's IT to fix your PS webpage.

In my case, I was able to move from step 1 to step 2, but the other steps are still greyed out while PS assesses my trade-in.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was in a similar situation, but it resolved more quickly. I think you need to wait for PS's IT to fix your PS webpage.

In my case, I was able to move from step 1 to step 2, but the other steps are still greyed out while PS assesses my trade-in.
FYI, I'm working with the Los Angeles store.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Mine was stuck on the first step for a long time as well, and I was originally doing cash, but I switched to financing (free money at 0%!) and it sat there for a couple of weeks. Then one day I magically was able to proceed. I completed step for and a few days later received a call from the loan folks. It will probably be under "Volvo Auto Finance" initially, but after my conversation and providing a bit more info (mostly validating what I had entered on the app form), the lady who called was satisfied. A day or two after that the status in Step 4: Credit Application changed to now show "You received finance amount:" and some details that are wrong. I was assured that the right numbers would be in my actual paperwork. Also, on the dashboard it says "You have received $X for Y mo Finance" both in the tan completion box and in the step 4 box. Note that Step 5 is still disabled and the progress bar shows 60%.

Needless to say, the web application is a mess, but the people on the phone have been helpful. I suspect once they actually send me the financing paperwork and they receive it back then I'll likely be able to "finalize" on the web app. Hopefully that helps.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mine was stuck on the first step for a long time as well, and I was originally doing cash, but I switched to financing (free money at 0%!) and it sat there for a couple of weeks. Then one day I magically was able to proceed. I completed step for and a few days later received a call from the loan folks. It will probably be under "Volvo Auto Finance" initially, but after my conversation and providing a bit more info (mostly validating what I had entered on the app form), the lady who called was satisfied. A day or two after that the status in Step 4: Credit Application changed to now show "You received finance amount:" and some details that are wrong. I was assured that the right numbers would be in my actual paperwork. Also, on the dashboard it says "You have received $X for Y mo Finance" both in the tan completion box and in the step 4 box. Note that Step 5 is still disabled and the progress bar shows 60%.

Needless to say, the web application is a mess, but the people on the phone have been helpful. I suspect once they actually send me the financing paperwork and they receive it back then I'll likely be able to "finalize" on the web app. Hopefully that helps.
Yes it does and thanks for the detailed explanation. Going back to the original question, does step 1 begin via the Update button? or is there some other notification/option I should be looking for?

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts
please be assured that the financing details will be accurate once you get through to the Space. They were able to send me a scanned PDF of the finance and lease terms so I could see them before making any final decisions the website is run by folks in Europe or the uk and a lot of the implementation is buggy for us because we have different laws around taxes etc

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes it does and thanks for the detailed explanation. Going back to the original question, does step 1 begin via the Update button? or is there some other notification/option I should be looking for?
As I recall, it begins with the update button. You're doing it all correctly. PS's IT needs to activate the buttons on your page.

·
Registered
839 Posts
Hmm, if I remember right all I had to do on Step 1 is pick whether I wanted cash, lease, or finance...and of course this was after speccing the car out (color, interior, Performance, etc.). It sat on that step for months.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Once they are ready for you the website will magically allow you through all necessary steps. As for numbers, just ignore them. The space will give you the correct numbers when they are ready for you.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The saga continues...

I received an email saying my financing was approved (yes, on a holiday!) and I could proceed through the portal. However, I am unable to get back to the Steps page as the website keeps spinning when I click continue. I have tried a different browser as well as my usual trick of clicking the back button and trying again to no avail. I know the answer is to be patient until this is resolved but I'm curious as to whether anyone else encountered this and if an intervention was the only way forward.

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
The saga continues...

I received an email saying my financing was approved (yes, on a holiday!) and I could proceed through the portal. However, I am unable to get back to the Steps page as the website keeps spinning when I click continue. I have tried a different browser as well as my usual trick of clicking the back button and trying again to no avail. I know the answer is to be patient until this is resolved but I'm curious as to whether anyone else encountered this and if an intervention was the only way forward.

View attachment 2016
View attachment 2015
The only way forward is when the Space contacts you. Once you've put in your credit data the website becomes irrelevant.

·
Registered
629 Posts
The saga continues...

View attachment 2016
View attachment 2015
When you click "Continue" on your Orders page, count to 5, then hit refresh once. Works for me every time.

I noticed a slight UI change today where they are now listing my Retailer on my Orders page. We also now have a Shop link, but it goes to a page not found so I guess they are in the middle of working on it.

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
Things changed on the web page for me, too. It went from Planning Delivery to Planned and other details and the layout are changed. I, too, get caught with the spinny business and waiting, refreshing, going back, etc... are to no avail.

I'm going to call that progress. If you disagree, don't say anything... don't burst my little dream.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Things changed on the web page for me, too. It went from Planning Delivery to Planned and other details and the layout are changed. I, too, get caught with the spinny business and waiting, refreshing, going back, etc... are to no avail.

I'm going to call that progress. If you disagree, don't say anything... don't burst my little dream.
I'm going to guess you weren't wearing your red ruby slippers while trying all of this 🌪

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is anyone able to get past the Continue button? The website is still spinning for me and my emails have gone unanswered.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,587 Posts
Is anyone able to get past the Continue button? The website is still spinning for me and my emails have gone unanswered.
use the web chat or call by phone. I find the website is useless (still says my order is pending delivery...) and that CS responds better to chat/phone

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
Forget about the website. When they call you your car will be ready and you'll be able to provide all your info.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Forget about the website. When they call you your car will be ready and you'll be able to provide all your info.
The space manager sent me an email last week asking me to use the website to proceed.

"Please select approved on the portal to allow us to move forward."

·
Registered
4,263 Posts
The space manager sent me an email last week asking me to use the website to proceed.

"Please select approved on the portal to allow us to move forward."
So you have his email to let him know you are unable to on the website.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts