Polestar Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I know from a few months back that the Professor installed a Charge Point Flex in a garage I assume would put mine to shame, but I don't think I've seen much else on this topic from those of us on this side of the pond.

I'm wondering what other's have installed? Based on Amazon reviews, Juice Box seems to have more failures than Charge Point but a better app experience. Charge Point seems to have more issues with vehicles like e-golf and e-tron doing the hand shake and making a solid connection, and costs more.

By chance, has anyone done a home test drive and attempted to hook up the Polestar to a home charger you have to verify it works? The brands our friends use over in the UK and EU seem to be different from what we would have here so curious. For now, I'm planning to just do a short 6 AWG run from a sub panel to the 14-50 plug over the weekend and will order an L2 charger once things start to actually move from Polestar but that's a quick install.

Registered
'21 2 | Palo Alto, CA
I believe ChargePoint and Polestar have a preferential relationship and that the charger Polestar will offer to buy alongside a 2 will be the Home Flex. At the least, the ChargePoint and Polestar USA C-suite hang out:

So I think there's a good bet that the P*2 and the ChargePoint Home Flex should get along.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
I believe ChargePoint and Polestar have a preferential relationship and that the charger Polestar will offer to buy alongside a 2 will be the Home Flex. At the least, the ChargePoint and Polestar USA C-suite hang out:

So I think there's a good bet that the P*2 and the ChargePoint Home Flex should get along.
Oh thanks, I hadn't seen that. So maybe I should hold off and see if I get a discount code when I give them my check 馃槆

Registered
I had the Charge Point Flex installed at the house, and it sat dormant for 4 months.

Walked by it one day and noticed the green light was white and long story short the wifi adapter had died. Took a day or so to get the Return process going and Chargepoint had me a new charger within 3 days (great support once I got thru phone tag at 1st)

When you can't connect to Wi-Fi you can't charge. I have already sunk the $ into this unit and I am sure it will go great once I have a car to charge!! However, lesson learned look at a unit that has the option to charge with manual interface on the unit as well as a nice app.

Premium Member
Note the ChargePoint has a very short cable to plug into the receptacle. (I assume that's to meet code.) So if you think you'll get the ChargePoint, it may have an influence on where you'll want to install that 14-50 receptacle.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts