Polestar Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm interested in leasing (first time leasing a vehicle) and I think I got some great figures on a new 2022 PS2
(high residual 0.64 and low MF 0.0006)? I read on the forums that gap insurance is covered in the lease but is maintenance and service included as well? I see on the PS website it says 3 years but I'm not sure if that's for leased or financed; it says owned so I'm assuming the latter.

If not, is it added as an extra per month? Or is better to pay for maintenance and service as scheduled?

·
Registered
3,565 Posts
I'm interested in leasing (first time leasing a vehicle) and I think I got some great figures on a new 2022 PS2
(high residual 0.64 and low MF 0.0006)? I read on the forums that gap insurance is covered in the lease but is maintenance and service included as well? I see on the PS website it says 3 years but I'm not sure if that's for leased or financed; it says owned so I'm assuming the latter.

If not, is it added as an extra per month? Or is better to pay for maintenance and service as scheduled?
My understanding as a 1st time leaser as well:
Routine maintenance/service and warranty repairs (anything faulty should be a warranty repair) should be covered for the lease term.
There's only one big service expected during lease term at ~2yrs when they inspect everything. The most you might have to pay for there is new tires if you've been driving it properly.
Wear and tear or accident repairs are not covered, per the usual.

Reactions: Icegrill

·
Registered
22 Posts
The 3 year maintenance is covered by the manufacturer so won’t matter if you lease, finance or buy the car with cash. Polestar provides the 3 year maintenance. It’s lovely when my last job provided me with a discounted company lease with Volvo every 2 years and didint pay for any maintenance.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts