Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the 0%, nothing down financing was introduced in the US, I immediately switched from cash to the financing option. Who can say no to free money? I later received a call from Volvo Car Finance to apply for the financing and was notified via the (broken for the most part) website that I had been approved. Same as everyone else financing as best I can tell.

When the time came, I executed the finance agreement (including notarizing every freaking page and signature!) and sent it in - the paper named Manhattan Motorcars, Inc. as the counterparty. I picked the car up weeks ago and had heard nothing else about making payments...until today. In the mail this morning was my first payment notice: from Polestar Financial Services (Polestar Financial Services) that shows my first payment due Jan 1 - 3 days from now! Short notice for sure. So I first tried to see if there was a bill pay payee I could set up from my Bank of America account - no joy. I then went to the aforementioned website and tried to register - I get an error page that says "Oops, Our website is undergoing some routine maintenance. We're sorry for any inconvenience. Please come back and try again later." Fun.

So I call the number on the invoice and wade through the ACD to get to a real person and they had my loan information but were VERY confused as to what what going on. They had some mention of a "Polestar" product but insisted that Polestar Financial Services was a separate company - they were Volvo Car Finance. "OK, so you see my account?" "Yes. But you had best check with the dealer to be sure you don't also have a loan with this Polestar company also!" "OK, so is my account number the same in your system?" "Yes" "OK, thanks".

I texted Jeff and he called me back immediately - he was very apologetic at how screwed up this all was and that he would escalate on his side to avoid the misunderstandings at VCF. I also recommended to the VCF agent that she also escalate: that I was likely not the last who would be trying to sort this out. Let's hope Polestar Finance/Volvo Car Finance gets this sorted out posthaste.

Moral of the story? If you use a billpay service, just set up Volvo Car Finance as the payee and put in the account number from the Polestar Finance paperwork and it should work correctly. I plan to verify day after tomorrow that they actually received and credited my payment. I'll update here then. I don't mind beta-testing the car software, but I'm not so keen on testing out the financing setup with my credit rating at risk.

·
Registered
770 Posts
Thanks @Mick. I should be living this same experience sometime within the next few days or so. Nice to have some pointers!!!!

·
Registered
479 Posts
Thanks for sharing your experience, @Mick! Just for everyone's peace of mind, my setup appears to have gone more smoothly.

My delivery paperwork with Marin indicated that my first payment would be due on Jan 5, which is exactly what was reflected in the documentation I received in the mail from Polestar Financial Services. I was able to use the account number from that documentation to set up my online account, and also set up automatic withdrawal from my bank account via ACH (this took a day or two to get confirmed).

There's a notice on the site that the first auto-withdrawal may or may not happen (I believe this is more for the cases where someone sets it up within a day or two of their due date), so I'll pay attention on the 5th and see what happens.

I generally track my personal finances/loans in Mint, and did note that PFS is not available to add yet as a financial institution — I put in a request that it be added, and it can't hurt to have more if there are any other Mint users out there. They do have Volvo FS available, and as far as I'm aware the Polestar site is just a rebranding of the same.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
@PolestarMG - so the PolestarFinancialServices.com site works for you? I've tried multiple times from multiple browsers over the last 24 hours and I keep getting the routine maintenance error message. Glad to hear the whole setup went more smoothly for you. My original paperwork had my first payment due end of Nov! Thank goodness they modified this and adjusted due dates. Just didn't leave much room for error. ;-)

·
Registered
479 Posts
@PolestarMG - so the PolestarFinancialServices.com site works for you? I've tried multiple times from multiple browsers over the last 24 hours and I keep getting the routine maintenance error message. Glad to hear the whole setup went more smoothly for you. My original paperwork had my first payment due end of Nov! Thank goodness they modified this and adjusted due dates. Just didn't leave much room for error. ;-)
I can confirm that I am able to log in and view my account details right now, but of course the account is already created and set up. You might try clearing your browser cache and disabling any plug-ins that could be interfering as well (probably won’t help, but worth trying).

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No joy - multiple browsers, multiple OS, clear cache, no cookies for this domain and still get the Oops page. In the mean time I'll check with VCF tomorrow and make sure my account was properly credited.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,566 Posts
I can confirm that I am able to log in and view my account details right now, but of course the account is already created and set up. You might try clearing your browser cache and disabling any plug-ins that could be interfering as well (probably won’t help, but worth trying).
Should I be concerned that I haven’t received anything from Polestar or Volvo financial?

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Should I be concerned that I haven’t received anything from Polestar or Volvo financial?
What was on your finance contract for payment dates? It might be worth a call to the Space to see what's going on.

·
Registered
182 Posts
My paperwork (signed 15 Dec) still had Volvo Financial on it. I think the first payment date was about 12 Jan but since I still don't have the car, that may change - who knows. If I get the car a matter of a few days before the first payment is due, they can go pound sand; because they will either have to push the payment back to February or they can come and repo the car. New company or not, there are no excuses for all of these routine issues. It's not like no one has ever financed a purchase of a car before and I doubt these are the first cars these PS Space dealers have sold. The paperwork end of selling a car is very routine and systematic and should take less than an hour each.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I was able to create my account - I broke out my dev tools and saw the error was actually a 500. So I came up with a simpler password (still complex, but less special characters) and also took the special character out of my user name and the registration completed successfully. I then checked my account and the payment was correctly applied from the auto-pay I had set up at BofA to Volvo Car Finance with the account number from my paperwork. So it looks like I'm all set - billpay works and the account number is correct. I'm breathing easier now - if only I had my registration and TN plate on the car I'd be all set!

·
Registered
2021 2
2,566 Posts
I was able to create my account - I broke out my dev tools and saw the error was actually a 500. So I came up with a simpler (still complex, but less special characters) and also took the special character out of my user name and the registration completed successfully. I then checked my account and the payment was correctly applied from the auto-pay I had set up at BofA to Volvo Car Finance with the account number from my paperwork. So it looks like I'm all set - billpay works and the account number is correct. I'm breathing easier now - if only I had my registration and TN plate on the car I'd be all set!
Just love that you have to hack and debug their system so you can give them money...

·
Registered
479 Posts
Follow-up: after setting up automatic payments, I got a mailed confirmation with the date of the first one. Interestingly, that letter came from Volvo Car Financial Services, whereas the other initial documents I received were branded with Polestar FS.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks for this info. I just got a letter from Volvo Car service saying they approved me for some other terms than the one I applied for. That's a weird letter to send.

I've already got the car and signed the paperwork with 0% as the interest......

As an aside, anyone know where to find the account number?

From the website:
Add a vehicle
Enter Your Account Number
You can find your account number on your Welcome Letter or monthly statement.

·
Registered
834 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Mine was on my paperwork from Polestar Financial Services. I received the letter two days before my payment was due. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
152 Posts
So NYC called me yesterday, letting me know that since it has been so long since my loan application (credit was run in November, car delivered end of December including loan paperwork signed) that they'd have to run my credit again now. So got hit with a second hard inquiry and then the loan rep calls me, and conversation went like this:
Her: I see you've applied for financing on a new Polestar, just need to verify some application info
Me: sure but I'm driving it right now so I can't look up any documents
Her: you already have the car?
Me: yeah for a few weeks now
Her: ooohhhhkay...
Guess they aren't tracking the loan collateral very well. Still no info on how to make a payment, which is allegedly due next week.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts