Polestar Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Los Angeles here. Today, my order status changed from “ordered” to “planning delivery”! I am able to finalize my options and run the credit check. The delivery date shown is incorrect (says June). I was originally told the last week of September, so I assume, with this status change, it’s on track. Did anyone confirm what factory scheduled maintenance is included?

·
Registered
50 Posts
Same (I’m in SF). Currently pending trade-in valuation, so we’ll see if anyone is actually on the other side of that.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Same (I’m in SF). Currently pending trade-in valuation, so we’ll see if anyone is actually on the other side of that.
Have y'all been able to make sense of the finance numbers?
Specifically, the cash due on delivery numbers seem to be drawn from thin air. I'm not sure what's going into them at least for my end of things.

For instance, if I select the 0% for 60 months financing option I get a monthly payment which is the total price (with taxes, fees, etc) divided by 60 months - which makes sense - but then a cash on delivery of >$6k, which doesn't make sense to me. Shouldn't the cash on delivery just be the first month payment? [fortunately much less than $6k]
My guess is that taxes are somehow being double counted, to be paid both up front and included in the financing.

I also played with lease numbers to try to make heads or tails of things and got even more confused by what's going into the calculator.

Edit: Also wanted to note it seems I can fill in everything without having to have the other items filled in - e.g. I can specify an add on without going through trade-in. For now I've filled out everything but the credit application - don't want to do anything that would hit my FICO at least until I understand the financing terms, and ideally have done a test drive.

·
Registered
50 Posts
There’s definitely something up with the financing calculator. I believe the Payment is being correctly calculated based on whether or not you are including tax in the loan, but the “Due On Delivery” item is doing the opposite of what it should: if you include sales tax in the loan, it is also including it as due up front (double-counting), and if you exclude sales tax from the loan, the calculator pretends that sales tax doesn’t exist at all.

I’ll be curious whether, once the trade-in details are finalized, those funds can be applied directly to the new vehicle cost or down payment.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have y'all been able to make sense of the finance numbers?
Specifically, the cash due on delivery numbers seem to be drawn from thin air. I'm not sure what's going into them at least for my end of things.

For instance, if I select the 0% for 60 months financing option I get a monthly payment which is the total price (with taxes, fees, etc) divided by 60 months - which makes sense - but then a cash on delivery of >$6k, which doesn't make sense to me. Shouldn't the cash on delivery just be the first month payment? [fortunately much less than $6k]
My guess is that taxes are somehow being double counted, to be paid both up front and included in the financing.

I also played with lease numbers to try to make heads or tails of things and got even more confused by what's going into the calculator.

Edit: Also wanted to note it seems I can fill in everything without having to have the other items filled in - e.g. I can specify an add on without going through trade-in. For now I've filled out everything but the credit application - don't want to do anything that would hit my FICO at least until I understand the financing terms, and ideally have done a test drive.
I received an email in June saying the 0% for 60 month financing option is dependent on paying the following up front:

• $4000 cap cost reduction
  • first months payment
  • acquisition fee
I’m putting down more than $4k and my numbers all seem to add up (I’m going to redo the math in the morning). If $4k down is the minimum they’re willing to accept to give us that 0% rate, I bet that’s where the >$6k is coming from (your cap cost reduction is likely a bit higher since you have $5,200 in options). Besides this email (attached), I haven’t seen these terms posted anywhere else.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I keep getting stuck on step 3, Add-ons. No matter how many times I try, it always returns me to this step. I have sent an email to customer support asking about this issue.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I keep getting stuck on step 3, Add-ons. No matter how many times I try, it always returns me to this step. I have sent an email to customer support asking about this issue.
Did you go through the "Polestar Protection" plans at the bottom? I had to finish specifying that before hitting submit to clear that section. You don't have to take any particular plan, just click through.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Did you go through the "Polestar Protection" plans at the bottom? I had to finish specifying that before hitting submit to clear that section. You don't have to take any particular plan, just click through.
I did, always selecting none of the protection plans, but I keep returning to step 3. Were you able to complete the whole process?

·
Registered
416 Posts
I did, always selecting none of the protection plans, but I keep returning to step 3. Were you able to complete the whole process?
Did you get to this page? and hit "Submit"?
1599495643471.png

I'm at the credit check stage - waiting to do that until I hear back from customer service about at least scheduling a test drive and getting a term sheet in writing re my financial questions. I got through finance, trade in (none here), and add-ons.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good luck and keep us posted @Ej4144. I was able to submit my application.

Addressing my own question above about maintenance, Mike reached out and said it’s 3yrs / 30k miles. So I skimped on extending that. As for the finance calculator, I’m taking it with a grain of salt until I receive the actual terms from finance. My estimator is ~$50 higher per month than it should be.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Good luck and keep us posted @Ej4144. I was able to submit my application.

Addressing my own question above about maintenance, Mike reached out and said it’s 3yrs / 30k miles. So I skimped on extending that. As for the finance calculator, I’m taking it with a grain of salt until I receive the actual terms from finance. My estimator is ~$50 higher per month than it should be.
After going through it all does it give you a VIN? Estimated delivery date (more accurate than June)?

Either way you’re braver than I am, trusting the finances would all be corrected in due time!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I’m definitely seeing some changes this morning, already. Delivery timeline now says September instead of June, and I believe the payment calculator has seen some updates as well.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just heard back from an inquiry to Mike/Alane I submitted online.
Seems the changes in the account mean that our cars are officially at port and (speculation) undergoing the pre-delivery inspection process. They said that should be able to "finalize the process" next week then. I'm taking that to mean the varied online bugs are being resolved now and are meant to be resolved then. And, from a prior conversation with them I recall the PDI process takes 2-3 weeks.... so that's the timeline for when we might get our cars!!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
After going through it all does it give you a VIN? Estimated delivery date (more accurate than June)?

Either way you’re braver than I am, trusting the finances would all be corrected in due time!
I am impatient by nature...likely to my detriment haha :censored:

My delivery date is now more accurate, but now the site is displaying as if I never submitted the application :unsure: I emailed mike to see if they received it. Considering all of the website issues, I'm hoping this is just cosmetic.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just heard back from an inquiry to Mike/Alane I submitted online.
Seems the changes in the account mean that our cars are officially at port and (speculation) undergoing the pre-delivery inspection process. They said that should be able to "finalize the process" next week then. I'm taking that to mean the varied online bugs are being resolved now and are meant to be resolved then. And, from a prior conversation with them I recall the PDI process takes 2-3 weeks.... so that's the timeline for when we might get our cars!!!!
Got some more info from Alane after asking a follow up Q:

He says the status change to "Planning Delivery" and the change to this new page was likely (he speculates) triggered by the car arriving at port and entering the pre-delivery process.
But, he says the backend items are still being set up (my speculation: as indicated by the bugs we've already seen).
So, he recommends NOT doing anything on that page until we're each contacted to do so by Polestar (presumably a local agent of the Space). He expects that would come as an email and expects that to be sent out later this week or early next week.

So overall (my interpretation): Good news in that things are moving; Bad news in that IT is still a limitation; should have more info within a week.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got some more info from Alane after asking a follow up Q:

He says the status change to "Planning Delivery" and the change to this new page was likely (he speculates) triggered by the car arriving at port and entering the pre-delivery process.
But, he says the backend items are still being set up (my speculation: as indicated by the bugs we've already seen).
So, he recommends NOT doing anything on that page until we're each contacted to do so by Polestar (presumably a local agent of the Space). He expects that would come as an email and expects that to be sent out later this week or early next week.

So overall (my interpretation): Good news in that things are moving; Bad news in that IT is still a limitation; should have more info within a week.
Yeah...I should have waited to submit my application. I received an email back from CS:

Thank you for your email! We're experiencing some technical issues and we ask you to please refrain from submitting an additional application. Also, we have your information saved so you should be good to go with the original application, and we'll reach back out in the coming days to let you know when you can move forward with the order finalization process and if we need you to re-submit your application.

Rest assured that this won't affect your place in line in terms of getting your Polestar 2 ASAP.

Someday, I'll learn to chill ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
416 Posts
Update: while procrastinating looking at @rgledhill 's tracker, seems the order tracking page changed once again. For me the credit check area is greyed out and each of the 'finance', 'trade in', and 'add ons' buttons lead to what looks like the old confirmation page, except with some added info drawn from the front page.

So looks like you can specify whether you expect to want finance/lease/cash, have a trade-in, and want add-ons like a tow bar, but can't move forward with actual financial stuff until they work out the kinks and fully open the system up.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Looks like the option to book test drives in LA has been added.
I’ll be there Saturday morning! Tried booking for noon, but got an error msg. Emailed Mike and they fixed it fairly quickly :ROFLMAO::sleep: I really hope these website bugs are in no way indicative of the rest of my ownership experience....

1 - 20 of 30 Posts