Polestar Forum banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
I really hope these website bugs are in no way indicative of the rest of my ownership experience....
Same! Is it comforting or disconcerting that they don't have the Google folks designing their web UI?
Like... seems they are going with the top shelf for the on-board car OS (which is good) but then went with the bargain basement coders for their web back end. I'm sure it's complicated.... but it can't be that complicated to get the web site set up right.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Same! Is it comforting or disconcerting that they don't have the Google folks designing their web UI?
Ugh, good question haha. I am grateful they are at least listening and getting things fixed, even if it takes a few days. You would think Google would cut them a deal considering all our DaTa Polestar is going to give them. Throw in the web development for free :LOL:

·
Registered
416 Posts
Has anyone gotten the email from Polestar re finalizing their order?
Am assuming no, but Customer service said it would come end of last week or early this week....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Woo! Let me know how it goes!! I test drove Saturday morning and am thoroughly impressed. As a generally anxious person who isn't a fan of attention, the constant stares of admiration from passersby felt pretty cool haha. There are some ergonomic annoyances for me (have to bend my arm in an awkward way to access the window switches - much worse for people back seat, the volume knob really is in a terrible spot....) but other than that, voice control, comfort, steering, grip, sound system (and customization) really are impressive.

Has anyone gotten the email from Polestar re finalizing their order?
Am assuming no, but Customer service said it would come end of last week or early this week....
No update on finalization for me yet, either. This will be crazy timing: Delivery of car + moving to a new apartment likely in the same week...I'm definitely going to cry joyful tears before September ends :LOL:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Follow-up:
  • They are also now offering test drives where they bring the car to you. I scheduled one from my home for Saturday, Sept 26.
  • I was only able to book a test drive at all if I was not logged into my Polestar account. There appears to be something broken in the process if you try to book a drive while logged in. Curious if anyone else is experiencing this.
  • Today’s web updates also appear to have wiped out all active orders / saved configurations under my account, including my confirmed order. I’m sure they’re just doing some cleanup, but it’s still scary to see your order disappear. Curious if anyone else is experiencing this.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Follow-up:
  • They are also now offering test drives where they bring the car to you. I scheduled one from my home for Saturday, Sept 26.
  • I was only able to book a test drive at all if I was not logged into my Polestar account. There appears to be something broken in the process if you try to book a drive while logged in. Curious if anyone else is experiencing this.
  • Today’s web updates also appear to have wiped out all active orders / saved configurations under my account, including my confirmed order. I’m sure they’re just doing some cleanup, but it’s still scary to see your order disappear. Curious if anyone else is experiencing this.
I also couldn’t book a test drive when logged in. Interestingly the test drive at my location on the Peninsula wasn’t available until a week from Monday (9/28) and only in the middle of the work day. So I opted for taking a half hour spot at the PopUp.
Haven’t checked my orders! That clean up at least I think is a good sign?

Edit: My saved configurations and "Planning Delivery" order still show up. Maybe try refreshing on your end @PolestarMG ?
Also, glad I got my test drive booked - they're going really fast!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Thanks for checking that, @polerad! Much appreciated, although my order is still not showing. I’m sure everything’s fine, but sent a quick email over to Support just to be sure. At one point I know Mike had said that they planned to clean up old configurations saved but not ordered and some other stuff, so maybe part of that process.

Regardless, really happy to see the progress this week.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts