Polestar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 83 Posts

·
Registered
2022 PS2 dual motor long range, Pilot Plus, magnesium
11 Posts
My sun shade arrived at the Polestar Space in Austin today. Just shy of three weeks after I ordered it. Looks like they are arriving a bit faster than before.
Sunshade installed. Quick and easy to pop into place. Seems to fit snug enough to stay put. It's overcast today, so, hard to tell how effective it will be on a hot sunny day, but, seems to cut out a decent amount of sun. Sorry it's so hard to see anything in the pics. Hard to take a picture of black on black.
Grille Automotive lighting Hood Automotive design Bumper
Grille Rectangle Mesh Tints and shades Pattern
Automotive lighting Hood Light Black Automotive tire

·
Registered
133 Posts
Sunshade installed. Quick and easy to pop into place. Seems to fit snug enough to stay put. It's overcast today, so, hard to tell how effective it will be on a hot sunny day, but, seems to cut out a decent amount of sun. Sorry it's so hard to see anything in the pics. Hard to take a picture of black on black. View attachment 16284 View attachment 16284 View attachment 16284 View attachment 16285 View attachment 16286
Lovely. How easy/difficult is it to remove compared to install? I know this may sound like a "duh, just as easy as installing" answer, but just want to make sure.

·
Registered
345 Posts
@Harley, nice way of doubting :-(. If you had checked, you would have noticed that the part number was indeed posted in Post #27. You would have also seen that there were other owners who confirmed that they have placed orders. SMH.

In the first post of this thread, the Op said he ordered the sunscreen. OK, cool. On the 2nd post of this thread, someone asked for the part number….and that request was continued, from several others…with no response . Finally, in post #27, about a week later, someone posted the part number. By then, I stopped following this thread.

Oh, and I don’t closely follow some of these threads, so until someone responds to the request from the 2nd post of the thread, yea, I’ll doubt. But you are free to believe whatever you want.

·
Registered
2022 PS2 dual motor long range, Pilot Plus, magnesium
11 Posts
Lovely. How easy/difficult is it to remove compared to install? I know this may sound like a "duh, just as easy as installing" answer, but just want to make sure.
@Ale great question actually. Removing it is no problem, pops right out. The trick will be folding it in just the right way to get it back in its sleeve. They give you a diagram (attached), but, I am finding it difficult to get it to fold just so. Just a bit of practice I am sure.
Human body Gesture Font Art Rectangle

·
Registered
133 Posts
@Ale great question actually. Removing it is no problem, pops right out. The trick will be folding it in just the right way to get it back in its sleeve. They give you a diagram (attached), but, I am finding it difficult to get it to fold just so. Just a bit of practice I am sure. View attachment 16297
Ah, yes. Kind of reminds me of a collapsible windshield sunshades. Thank you!

·
Registered
345 Posts
After people have tried these for a while, I would be interested in hearing their observations about whether or not they think it helped to keep the car cooler? I have to believe that the panaramic glass is IR treated to reject most of the heat…just as many have treated side/front windows with IR coatings that reject upwards of 90%.

So curious to hear whether the shade is really more about reducing glare, heat, or both? If glare, can’t say I’ve ever been at just the right angle with the sun that glare became a problem.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Sunshade installed. Quick and easy to pop into place. Seems to fit snug enough to stay put. It's overcast today, so, hard to tell how effective it will be on a hot sunny day, but, seems to cut out a decent amount of sun. Sorry it's so hard to see anything in the pics. Hard to take a picture of black on black. View attachment 16284 View attachment 16284 View attachment 16284 View attachment 16285 View attachment 16286
Thank you @seeseac for showing us. The other question is also would it cut back on the burn from the touch. My toddler cried when he touched the glass after the car was sitting in the sun a long time....it gets hot to touch.

·
Registered
133 Posts
After people have tried these for a while, I would be interested in hearing their observations about whether or not they think it helped to keep the car cooler? I have to believe that the panaramic glass is IR treated to reject most of the heat…just as many have treated side/front windows with IR coatings that reject upwards of 90%.

So curious to hear whether the shade is really more about reducing glare, heat, or both? If glare, can’t say I’ve ever been at just the right angle with the sun that glare became a problem.
In my current vehicle, I have a retractable mesh sunshade for the panoramic roof. It really does help keep heat, glare, and the sun out. In my 5 years of ownership, I've only ever once seen the sun peering through one of the mesh holes when there were no clouds in sight in summer heat. It is similar to the material used by Polestar (I have the sunshade, but still waiting on the car lol).

I've also noticed a reduction in reverberation within the cabin as it dampens noise bouncing off the glass. In my current car, the sunshade mesh looks very similar, if not, identical, to what many other manufacturers offer, including Polestar. This isn't first hand experience with Polestar's sunshade, but I'm confident it will reduce heat and glare, as any medium providing shade would.

·
Registered
345 Posts
In my current vehicle, I have a retractable mesh sunshade for the panoramic roof. It really does help keep heat, glare, and the sun out. In my 5 years of ownership, I've only ever once seen the sun peering through one of the mesh holes when there were no clouds in sight in summer heat. It is similar to the material used by Polestar (I have the sunshade, but still waiting on the car lol).

I've also noticed a reduction in reverberation within the cabin as it dampens noise bouncing off the glass. In my current car, the sunshade mesh looks very similar, if not, identical, to what many other manufacturers offer, including Polestar. This isn't first hand experience with Polestar's sunshade, but I'm confident it will reduce heat and glare, as any medium providing shade would.

Thx. Maybe it was mentioned before, but is the P2 sunshade retractable? The reason I ask is….and speaking when I was a back seat passenger in my son’s P2 for 8 days…I thoroughly enjoyed being able to look up out of the panoramic Window. And never felt warm. Speaking of my own P2, as the driver, so far, the sun has not bothered me, and based on the hot sun exposure experienced in Maryland, I would say the panoramic glass must have some IR coating, as I don’t feel any effects from the sun. nevertheless, i do plan to purchase the shade, but still uncertain how often it will be used?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Thx. Maybe it was mentioned before, but is the P2 sunshade retractable? The reason I ask is….and speaking when I was a back seat passenger in my son’s P2 for 8 days…I thoroughly enjoyed being able to look up out of the panoramic Window. And never felt warm. Speaking of my own P2, as the driver, so far, the sun has not bothered me, and based on the hot sun exposure experienced in Maryland, I would say the panoramic glass must have some IR coating, as I don’t feel any effects from the sun. nevertheless, i do plan to purchase the shade, but still uncertain how often it will be used?
You doubt us about the availability of the shade and then now after we post the part number, pics, and diagrams of the shade just the other day, you ask what kind of shade it is... o_O.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Us? We?

Yes. 😎

Hope your toddler is feeling better.
Us & we are the folks that actually follow this thread closely and appreciate the discussion starter @Snow white the dual motor, who got us the part number so that those of us who are interested can place orders.
Let me remind you what you said last week in this thread about the existence of the shade or a part number to @shashasolitaire:
"... I don’t closely follow some of these threads, so until someone responds to the request from the 2nd post of the thread, yea, I’ll doubt. But you are free to believe whatever you want."

·
Registered
345 Posts
Us & we are the folks that actually follow this thread closely and appreciate the discussion starter @Snow white the dual motor, who got us the part number so that those of us who are interested can place orders.
Let me remind you what you said last week in this thread about the existence of the shade or a part number to @shashasolitaire:
"... I don’t closely follow some of these threads, so until someone responds to the request from the 2nd post of the thread, yea, I’ll doubt. But you are free to believe whatever you want."
If you want to troll me, have at it.

But maybe your time would be better spent watching after your toddler. 😱

Have a great day.

·
Registered
156 Posts
In the first post of this thread, the Op said he ordered the sunscreen. OK, cool. On the 2nd post of this thread, someone asked for the part number….and that request was continued, from several others…with no response . Finally, in post #27, about a week later, someone posted the part number. By then, I stopped following this thread.

Oh, and I don’t closely follow some of these threads, so until someone responds to the request from the 2nd post of the thread, yea, I’ll doubt. But you are free to believe whatever you want.
@Harley , I will believe of you what your actions show. It takes a lot of time for the order details to flow through. In my case, it took the Space 3 days to email my invoice to me (I got a text message immediately, but with only the amount). From your actions, I drew a conclusion that you will not peruse a topic to gather all pertinent information before you form a conclusion. And when called out on it, you revert to ad-hominem attacks. Good to know.

FYI, I was also a little frustrated by the OP's delay in response, but as others in the thread are pointing out, we kept following this thread and guess what, the OP did post the part number, which helped many of us to place an order.

·
Registered
345 Posts
@SashaSolitaire - Two paragraphs? Now that you got that off your chest, I hope you feel better? 😁

I will say this - I initially thought I would need the sunshade….but the longer I have my P2, the less I am concerned that I need It. I’ve experienced no sun related discomfort (ie heat or glare) to this point. But I’m sure some people feel differently.

·
Registered
133 Posts
It is not retractable in the P2. It kind of sucks to collapse, I've figured it out, but the IKEA like instructions weren't the most helpful for my pea sized brain. My method is to just twist and say a prayer.

Maryland? Pshhh. In Texas, the sunshade is a must. Kind of an oversight to not have it built in, but at least they can now sell us more things now. Yay.

·
Registered
Dual motor - Plus & Pilot
187 Posts
It's absolutely pointless to try to put that sunshade on as soon as you take it out of the bag. The fabric is so wrinkled that the fasteners do not reach under the upholstery. The shade must be left open for a long time and after that it may be made to stay in place. Really bad execution from polestar.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
Weird - here is W TN whe get similar weather/sun/heat to Texas. And I've never felt the need for a sunshade. Tint on the windows helps way more for me. There is minimal heat that comes through the pano roof in my experience - I have no intention of getting the shade.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Weird - here is W TN whe get similar weather/sun/heat to Texas. And I've never felt the need for a sunshade. Tint on the windows helps way more for me. There is minimal heat that comes through the pano roof in my experience - I have no intention of getting the shade.
Like everything else, it's all relative. I tend to be affected by the sun more readily than others I know. Just sitting in the sun stings.

61 - 80 of 83 Posts