Polestar Forum banner

USA Sunshade now available

37K views 123 replies 38 participants last post by  Alex_K 
#1 ·
Just ordered my sunshade via my Service center today. Takes about a month to arrive from Sweden. They said it’ll run about $150 or so.

#14 ·
The glare through the glass roof hasn't been bad for me or others in the front seat, but when my wife rode in the back seat she commented on it. I might pick one of these up just to help rear-seat passengers if the glare is bad that day.

#28 ·
@Snow white the dual motor , thank you. I placed the order with Polestar Manhattan. They had to look up their system to confirm the part number (they initially told me that this was not a valid part number), but then after looking through their ordering system, it was confirmed and I placed my order. They informed me that they do not have an estimate on when this will be delivered, since they do not have it yet in their warehouse, and this part will be shipped by Polestar (presuming that this is the central procurement dept of Polestar). They said they will receive it first and then ship it to me.

#32 ·
Pretty frustrating that these dealers that are being so difficult about ordering a part when we’re asking directly... are (imho) the very reason we can’t do this through a web page like everyone else.

But thank you @Snow white the dual motor for getting that part number. You can already see having that has helped a few folks get past these impediments.

#43 ·
Thank you. I ordered too in Los Angeles. They didn't know about either since they hadn't received any notice. Since it wasn't in really in whearhouse like other parts, they made me pay for it in full first to order. No ETA. The description of the part number in the system (invoice) is "SUN CURTAIN".

#35 · (Edited)
I've thought of suggesting a thread for each Space so we could share our experiences, collaborate efforts, etc. But I could see those threads going South very fast.

Update: Called my Space's parts dept directly and they confirmed the part is in their system, but not yet available. Placed my order. Future amount due - $183.82 plus tax (oddly specific amount but probs due to currency conversion). If y'all somehow get a better deal, do tell.

Thanks, @Snow white the dual motor!

#40 ·
Yes, and with more people joining, and more models coming online, that US sub-forum would quickly be overwhelmed. Adding in regional forms (Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Southeast, etc.) would help make browsing for things related to your area, much easier and useful.

#46 ·
Thank you for sharing. So thats like 1.5 months from your order? Lets see how long mine takes. Did you ask the dealer to send you pics to be sure its the right part :p before you drive to pick it up? You must be far from the dealership. As far as the shade, the mesh openings look wide...hmmm.

#50 ·
Snow White is the first i have heard to get it i think because i have been regularly checking the dealer, webshop, & directly Polestar. In June, Polestar direct messaged me on Twitter saying "they are working on it".
Also, can we all stop saying "Polestar Space". There is no such place...they are indepedent Volvo dealers