Polestar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of us on a lease, I presume we DO get a V5C logbook from the DVLA at some point through the post? Been 6 weeks and not got mine yet. Just wondering.

Also, the London congestion charge. I know EVs are exempt, don't you still have to register on the CC website and apply for the "discount" regardless before you can drive into London for free?

·
Registered
133 Posts
For those of us on a lease, I presume we DO get a V5C logbook from the DVLA at some point through the post? Been 6 weeks and not got mine yet. Just wondering.

Also, the London congestion charge. I know EVs are exempt, don't you still have to register on the CC website and apply for the "discount" regardless before you can drive into London for free?
Re : congestion charge - yes, you do have to register and to do that your need the V5C, so it's going to be a nuisance if it does not turn up for weeks after you get the car. Only saving grace right now is that none of us should be driving into London anyway due to Covid restrictions. Handovers from Spring may be free from this restriction, of couse, so the delay will frustrate.

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
It is extremely unlikely that you will automatically get a V5C from the leasing company.

Contact them and ask for a copy - they will email it to you.

·
Registered
Void non-PP Tow Bar
257 Posts
When i leased a car about 2 years ago, the lease company held the V5C. They would give you details etc and you could request it, but only for specific reasons (none of which i can remember ;))

·
Registered
190 Posts

I've leased my last 5 cars and have never had the V5 document sent to me, the lease company hold on to it.

·
Registered
Polestar 2, Snow, non-PP, Tow bar
312 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So my lease company emailed me a PDF of my logbook as without it I wouldn't be able to apply for exemption from the London congestion charge. Sorted!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts