Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How has your experience been with the Vancouver space?? The rep I have been interacting with has been very sporadic with their information.. it's been all over text or phone which is fine, but I find they do not really answer questions quickly and have to be reminded constantly.

·
Registered
21 Posts
My reps name is Tin. He has been alright so far. He doesn’t have to much information. I was trading in my Mercedes’ e400. The trade in value he gave me was 10k less than what others had offered. The volvo dealership offered more than polestar. It was weird i put in my trade in request and he didn’t follow up on it from his end and asked me to submit which I already did before. I am expecting my polestar within 1-2 weeks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I had Lucas. They are monitoring this website so they will get your feedback. My experience was a little lacking but I believe it's because they have a lot on their plate. They only seem to have a small handful of employees to cover a lot of questions from looky loos to actual customers. I asked enough questions to keep him busy enough on my own. Plus I didn't expect that he would be there to go through the car in person, I assumed that they would have a dedicated person for that since it takes a few hours for each. Much longer than any car I have ever bought. In fact I've never had a dealer spend any time on the handover.

It's also tough when there's not really a showroom to go and hangout when you get the urge to see a Polestar because you can't wait. I imagine they will be growing the team as sales are going to start taking off soon enough. Also they're working on different facilities to make everything as professional as they can.

As a new company starting from ground up with an unknown car and brand I think they are doing great. Thanks goes out to Lucas, I love my Polestar.

·
Registered
P2 2021 moon 19 inch wheels
40 Posts
Drove by the Polestar service location in Vancouver a couple hours ago. Eight Polestar2s parked outside. Likely a few more inside the building. Already have my 2021, but thought I would provide some news to those wondering if there are a lot coming in these days.

·
Registered
147 Posts
They do seem to be pretty swamped most of the time on the sales and delivery side and demand has grown exponentially and unexpectedly vs what they thought they would do... and they still don't even have their own building yet!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Read the horror stories about Toronto space tacking on extra fees and warranties. Anyone know if Vancouver space does the same? Is the price listed on the site at the order screen the price you pay or are there any "hidden" fees on top of that?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Read the horror stories about Toronto space tacking on extra fees and warranties. Anyone know if Vancouver space does the same? Is the price listed on the site at the order screen the price you pay or are there any "hidden" fees on top of that?
I paid exactly what was quoted on the website before taxes and rebates. Their admin fee is $895 and included as well on the website. There is provincial tire and AC levy too.
As seems to be required when buying a new car, they will give you options for extended warranty and other packages. However unlike other dealers they did not do anything to the car (stupid OpenRoad) or presume you want stuff done (cough Dilwari cough), add it to the total and then expect you to pay for it without reading the fine print. Good on Vancouver Space and Gain Group for that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Nice thanks! Any experience on service? I'm pretty excited but reading all these stories about the TCAM issue is really worrying me lol.

I had a Tesla M3 before that I sold and had placed an order for a Model Y and Tesla service is very much a hit or miss depending on who you get. Wondering what it's like for P*

·
Registered
147 Posts
Nice thanks! Any experience on service? I'm pretty excited but reading all these stories about the TCAM issue is really worrying me lol.

I had a Tesla M3 before that I sold and had placed an order for a Model Y and Tesla service is very much a hit or miss depending on who you get. Wondering what it's like for P*
The service team has been good so far. There were some minor paint defects on my new delivery they attributed to the "old" detailer that they are going to fix. They do have a mobile service team too, but hopefully it all becomes a little less crowded and more organized when the new dedicated Polestar (and Lotus?) space opens.

·
Registered
25 Posts
We don't have our car yet but the "space" experience at Vancouver has been good so far. All of our questions are answered promptly and effectively. We recently got our delivery bumped from early May to Mid-June but can't blame the dealer for that. Hak8711, did you get your car yet?

·
Registered
39 Posts
We don't have our car yet but the "space" experience at Vancouver has been good so far. All of our questions are answered promptly and effectively. We recently got our delivery bumped from early May to Mid-June but can't blame the dealer for that. Hak8711, did you get your car yet?
nice another vancouverite! what spec did you order and when did you order it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The space was good. I got the sense they were very short staffed and truth be told I think they caught a wave of COVID around the time I was picking up my car.

Having said that, the staff were decent. They answered my questions and were very helpful in follow up. My sales rep was Tin and he sent me text updates as things went along.

The mobile service has been great and convenient. It’s my first time having this kind of service and it’s been a smooth experience. They also provided a loaner car in case I still needed to run errands.

·
Registered
21 Posts
The car arrived at the port on May 3rd. It’s just at the port waiting to be processed. As y’all know the ports in vancouver have been a nightmare due the backlogs and the demands. ETA delivery for the car got pushed from May 9th to May 19th. I hope it comes before the long weekend 😂😂

·
Registered
40 Posts
Drove by the Polestar service location in Vancouver again today. At least ten Polestar2s parked (closely) outside. Did not pay close attaention, but likely all being prep'd for delivery, that is - not in for service.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Drove by the Polestar service location in Vancouver again today. At least ten Polestar2s parked (closely) outside. Did not pay close attaention, but likely all being prep'd for delivery, that is - not in for service.
wow! have you noticed how often this happens? where they have a bunch of deliveries? Is it on a daily basis or every few weeks kind of thing? I'm trying to figure out when a pre-config car might pop up

·
Registered
40 Posts
wow! have you noticed how often this happens? where they have a bunch of deliveries? Is it on a daily basis or every few weeks kind of thing? I'm trying to figure out when a pre-config car might pop up
Can't help with those questions. I should have been more descriptive with my comment. Today's drive-by was a repeat of my drive-by two weeks ago. The group of Polestar2s parked outside were, in my guess, waiting to be prepared and likely not yet ready for delivery. This service location is not a delivery point, as I understand. And this location is not a display location; the "Polestar Space" is still at Park Royal mall, where they have a car and a small office. For my delivery 5 months ago it was at my residence, and I assume that is still the usual. Other forum folk may have better info for your questions about how many are delivered daily or weekly for new owners here in the Vancouver area, and BC and Alberta.

·
Registered
2021 PS2 Launch Ed | Midnight | non-PP | tow hitch | 19” | tinted | ceramic coated
251 Posts
I bought mine in Vancouver last year and had an excellent experience. Took advantage of BC SCRAPIT program to get an extra $6000 back in my pocket. also, Polestar had a temporary glitch on website with 0.9 % lease rate instead of 3.99% that it was supposed to be, so they honoured the 0.9% and added 24K annual mileage at same charge as base 16K lease rate to make up for the inconvenience!

1 - 20 of 90 Posts