Polestar Forum banner
61 - 80 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Picked my car up this afternoon and will be taking a three day roadtrip through the Okanagan and Radium...

We went to Stanley Park today and I already got tons of stares and compliments..

Can't wait to get back to Edmonton and be one of the few people there with a Polestar!
Looks great! Makes me almost regret not commiting to the Midnight. My car just came in today so will be scheduling pick up in the next few days!

·
Registered
36 Posts
It was in my pre financing call. Really hoping they honor the 0.99. When did you order yours?
What’s a pre financing call? I haven’t received a call from anyone but on the website when I login, under orders I see a continue button that allows me to see all the financing details and allows me to input all the loan application stuff. I haven’t done it yet as I want to ask them about the rate being different.

I ordered in May

·
Registered
17 Posts
What’s a pre financing call? I haven’t received a call from anyone but on the website when I login, under orders I see a continue button that allows me to see all the financing details and allows me to input all the loan application stuff. I haven’t done it yet as I want to ask them about the rate being different.

I ordered in May
They gave me a call to confirm car details and numbers and to let me know their financing person is super busy so my credit check will be delayed a bit.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #72 ·
I put a preorder when the 0.99 financing was offered, but online it showed 2.49 and then 3.49. The finance manager said that as long as you placed your order in March, you were eligible for the 0.99 financing. But, you should confirm with your agent to be safe.

With IZEV rebate and 0.99% financing, getting a Polestar was a nobrainer.

·
Registered
2021 PS2 Launch Ed | Midnight | non-PP | tow hitch | 19” | tinted | ceramic coated
251 Posts
I put a preorder when the 0.99 financing was offered, but online it showed 2.49 and then 3.49. The finance manager said that as long as you placed your order in March, you were eligible for the 0.99 financing. But, you should confirm with your agent to be safe.

With IZEV rebate and 0.99% financing, getting a Polestar was a nobrainer.
I had a similar situation when I bought last year and the Vancouver space honoured the lower rate at the time I ordered, even though rate jumped online.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I did the inpsect thing and it shows my planned delivery date was June 16. Nobody has yet to call from the Vancouver space. When I called them they told me to just wait but I could submit the credit app online to speed up the process. Except the credit app online won't accept my postal code. Very annoyed, also everytime I call them it sounds like I'm talking to someone on a crappy VoIP line with extremely choppy and broken audio, what's up with that?

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just got done with my test drive and confirmed with them the price of the car and finance rate is locked in until delivery. But the only thing is that they are now charging $1295 instead of the $895 for doc/admin fee that was shown (pic attached) at the time I ordered. They said this is non negotiable and it doesnt matter when the car was ordered. I will be fighting this with them when the time comes and will not hesitate to take this complain all the way up to Polestar corporate.

Anyone else taking delivery soon should do the same if they pull this on you. The more people complain, the better it is. If not they will keep raising this fee higher and higher.

Font Screenshot Number Rectangle Parallel

·
Registered
25 Posts
Well I picked up my new DMLR on Monday. Everything went well except for the increased doc/admin fee. I elected not to fight it as it just wasn't worth the time and effort for me. The handover process was smooth. The people working there were very nice. The Polestar person (Lucas) was responsive whenever we had questions prior to delivery.

I delayed this posting because the car was not properly detailed when I picked it up. It had several obvious swirls/scratches in the paint that should have been remedied with a quick light cut polish. However, the dealership booked me in for yesterday and brought a detailer in for approx. 4 hrs. of proper paint prep. and it now looks as it should have. So a slight negative because it should have been properly prepped prior to my picking it up but I do feel that they made it right and I likely got a better detailing than I otherwise would have on the second time around.

One thing to be cautious of: The ICBC agent they brought to the dealership for registration/plates pulled a bit of a fast one on me. I asked for ICBC replacement cost policy just so I would be fully insured while I shopped around for the best third party optional insurance package. What was "sold" to me, without my knowledge or consent, was a third party (Colwood) replacement cost policy that was (a) overpriced (b) not a particularly good policy and (c) included a $400 "Dealer Referral Fee". I did not see or sign any of the papers for this policy, they were simply shoved into my plastic insurance envelope. I am careful about what I sign and I didn't sign any documents other than the ICBC documents.

Fortunately, this Colwood policy has a 30 day cancellation / full refund which I exercised today after finding a much better replacement cost policy through BCAA.

I don't blame the dealer for this as it was the insurance agent that pulled this on me. I made the dealer aware once I discovered this bait and switch. So beware if you are considering a replacement cost policy at the dealer. I might have actually bought it if it had been explained to me as all I wanted was something that could be immediately cancelled once I found the best deal but it was sneaky the way it was done.

In the few days we have had it, the car has been fantastic. Now it's time for ceramic coating and a bit of PPF.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Well I picked up my new DMLR on Monday. Everything went well except for the increased doc/admin fee. I elected not to fight it as it just wasn't worth the time and effort for me. The handover process was smooth. The people working there were very nice. The Polestar person (Lucas) was responsive whenever we had questions prior to delivery.

I delayed this posting because the car was not properly detailed when I picked it up. It had several obvious swirls/scratches in the paint that should have been remedied with a quick light cut polish. However, the dealership booked me in for yesterday and brought a detailer in for approx. 4 hrs. of proper paint prep. and it now looks as it should have. So a slight negative because it should have been properly prepped prior to my picking it up but I do feel that they made it right and I likely got a better detailing than I otherwise would have on the second time around.

One thing to be cautious of: The ICBC agent they brought to the dealership for registration/plates pulled a bit of a fast one on me. I asked for ICBC replacement cost policy just so I would be fully insured while I shopped around for the best third party optional insurance package. What was "sold" to me, without my knowledge or consent, was a third party (Colwood) replacement cost policy that was (a) overpriced (b) not a particularly good policy and (c) included a $400 "Dealer Referral Fee". I did not see or sign any of the papers for this policy, they were simply shoved into my plastic insurance envelope. I am careful about what I sign and I didn't sign any documents other than the ICBC documents.

Fortunately, this Colwood policy has a 30 day cancellation / full refund which I exercised today after finding a much better replacement cost policy through BCAA.

I don't blame the dealer for this as it was the insurance agent that pulled this on me. I made the dealer aware once I discovered this bait and switch. So beware if you are considering a replacement cost policy at the dealer. I might have actually bought it if it had been explained to me as all I wanted was something that could be immediately cancelled once I found the best deal but it was sneaky the way it was done.

In the few days we have had it, the car has been fantastic. Now it's time for ceramic coating and a bit of PPF.
You're like the best customer any business can hope for everyday! The dealer encourage these agents to sell these 3rd party replacement cost policies as they get a kickback from it.

61 - 80 of 86 Posts