Polestar Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void, PP
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Reading all the posts about the VIN numbers got me worried.

My Vin number is in a way lower range then what you guys are reporting now, and it will be delivered on the 15th of january.

It was a stock car as i wanted it fast, but they said it was arriving by boat. So what should i think of this?

Will it be filled with faults? Or will it be fixed like the new cars that are being made right now?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
3,433 Posts
I'm thinking it will be fixed. Enough time has gone by now. They know what those initial issues were. I'm sure your car is sorted.

Reactions: Terran

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi,

My Vin number is in a way lower range then what you guys are reporting now, and it will be delivered on the 15th of january.

It was a stock car as i wanted it fast, but they said it was arriving by boat. So what should i think of this?

Will it be filled with faults? Or will it be fixed like the new cars that are being made right now?

Thanks!
Mine is 75xx and has had the inverters replaced. All going well so far. Everything else on the car will be the same as the later vins. You will enjoy the car. The range as you will know from the forum is much less than advertised though. But you can check various threads on that issue. 😇

·
Registered
629 Posts
Has anyone looked at the 10th and 11th digits for year and month of build? I assume all of us will have M for year (2021) but wondering if there are differences in the month (J for Sept, K for Oct, L for Nov, etc) within the 7xxx range for example and if they are reserving the numbers ahead of time for convenience, and just issuing the VINs tied to the order configs. In other words, could the 7xxx range actually not be tied directly to build date? I know nothing about VINs so looking for other's with expertise here.

Edit: Reading various things on google, it appears the 11th digit is maybe not the month as I had read it was. Looks like there are differing interpretations and misinformation on that one and it is a Plant (factory) code in fact.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Has anyone looked at the 10th and 11th digits for year and month of build? I assume all of us will have M for year (2021) but wondering if there are differences in the month (J for Sept, K for Oct, L for Nov, etc) within the 7xxx range for example and if they are reserving the numbers ahead of time for convenience, and just issuing the VINs tied to the order configs. In other words, could the 7xxx range actually not be tied directly to build date? I know nothing about VINs so looking for other's with expertise here.

Edit: Reading various things on google, it appears the 11th digit is maybe not the month as I had read it was. Looks like there are differing interpretations and misinformation on that one and it is a Plant (factory) code in fact.
The web site shows a production date for my vehicle as "8/29/2020" (and a "structure week" of 202035, which matches), with the 11th digit being "L". That's not a published Volvo/Polestar plant code for 2020, which is interesting.

·
Registered
629 Posts
The web site shows a production date for my vehicle as "8/29/2020" (and a "structure week" of 202035, which matches), with the 11th digit being "L". That's not a published Volvo/Polestar plant code for 2020, which is interesting.
Hmm, this makes me really wonder what is going on - my VIN is 8xxx and still hasn't been delivered. Was originally promised in Oct (which they told me at the time was wrong), then Nov, then Dec, now who knows - they can't even tell me where the car actually is when I call them. I guess if I'm not going to get it by end of year I may just cancel so I can get a newer build since I'd assume an 8xxx range would be early Aug at best based on your date and a 12xxx VIN and that puts it really close to the cars with the recalls 😠

Reactions: Ms. PS2

·
Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
554 Posts
I’m not sure how much of a difference a low VIN makes. Mine is a 47xx vin and I’ve had no major problems other than the niggles everyone else is seeing with the infotainment software.

Of course I had to have the recall work but it was free and sorted in a couple of days.

Note: I have had an intermittent warning related to the coolant system since the recall work which I’m booked in to get a diagnostic on soon but it hasn’t affected the performance of the car at all. I expect they just need to top it up or something!

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,877 Posts
Yep, they need to properly bleed the coolant system to get rid of air bubbles, something they should have done properly the first time round...

·
Super Moderator
1,357 Posts
I don't think the VIN offers any useful insight. Mine is 30xx - so probably amongst the lowest in the UK - and I've had no show stopping issues at all, except for needing one 'shut down and leave it for ten minutes to sort itself out'.

Even though mine needed the HVCH and inverters doing, neither thing actually manifested itself as any kind of actual problem.

And of course I have all the same niggles everyone else has - which is no surprise as it's all just software.

I'm optimistic they will sort all this out.

·
Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nextbase Dashcam, 20% Tint, Polestar, give us more regen. breaking!
308 Posts
Hi,

Thanks!
Cbo do you have your car now? my vin is 74XX but i'm hoping that because i'm not getting my car until later this month any updates and corrections should be handled.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Void, PP
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cbo do you have your car now? my vin is 74XX but i'm hoping that because i'm not getting my car until later this month any updates and corrections should be handled.
Yeah everything is as expected. And it just has the normal bugs in the software.

My chair has a weird noise/crack in it so they will be replacing it entirely next week.
No wifi connection, but 4G is stable. Got PP and it drives great.

·
Registered
P2, Snow, Slate, PP, Hitch, Nextbase Dashcam, 20% Tint, Polestar, give us more regen. breaking!
308 Posts
Yeah everything is as expected. And it just has the normal bugs in the software.

My chair has a weird noise/crack in it so they will be replacing it entirely next week.
No wifi connection, but 4G is stable. Got PP and it drives great.
Well I feel like we are all in this together as test drivers. I'm getting a Snow with PP and slate interior maybe as early as February 20th. I won't be driving it until late March early April when the weather gets better. After that it will see 1000km a week.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts