Polestar Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
From what I know, which is limited, bird poop can attack any paint job, so all cars need some sort of protection ranging from wax to ceramic coating and paint protection film.

It sucks that this happened to you, but it's not surprising.

So now you're likely to enter the crazy world of car detailing and all the crazy products promoted in it.

Note, it can be rewarding... It pretty much depends on what you enjoy.
I had my void for about a month now.

Soon as I got it I used NexGen to ceramic coat.

Car looks beautiful everyday. I run through the wash it shines like a mirror.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Had final responce from Polestar advising, paint damage of this kind not covered under warranty even though it is known issue to them and within 1 week of delivery, 400 miles! .. advised to get it ceramic coated but warranty will be void.
This their final answer and if im not happy told to go to automotive Ombudsman.... even gave me link....

Great Car
Crap Customer Service

Thanks for feedback i will look at getting the ceramic coating applied.... and maybe a shotgun for those birds 🙂

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,878 Posts
Given the paint is so soft on the Void, the warranty's almost certainly worthless anyway. Take it to a proper detailer who will polish it up before applying the ceramic coating. You'll be absolutely bowled over by the difference - Void in particular looks spectacular as you can see from the picture above! There's a very lengthy thread on ceramic and detailing if you pop it in the search box.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just found a small piece of bird poo on my bonnet and low and behold it has affected the paint. I'm not amused by this...

I assume if you put on a ceramic coat it won't hide any damage that may have been done (I may have a couple of lines from clipping an over grown hedge 😡)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Just found a small piece of bird poo on my bonnet and low and behold it has affected the paint. I'm not amused by this...

I assume if you put on a ceramic coat it won't hide any damage that may have been done (I may have a couple of lines from clipping an over grown hedge 😡)
Anyone you'd want to pay to apply ceramic coating would take the time to prepare the paint first. That means they'd polish out any defects like what that bird poo made.

·
Registered
2021 2
2,588 Posts
Anyone you'd want to pay to apply ceramic coating would take the time to prepare the paint first. That means they'd polish out any defects like what that bird poo made.
My detailer said they had to work quite a bit to get out residual defects after I had driven the car ~2 months before detailing, with multiple rounds of tree and bird excreta and spot washing in the interim.
After their working it over came out byoooo-tee-full without any evidence I could see of the prior damage
Highly recommended as it's now an order of magnitude easier to get off the bird poo.
Micking birds.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts