Polestar Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
If you can keep it looking clean (which is very hard with any dark colour) then imho it's the best colour.

I can't keep my cars clean so I went with Snow!

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you can keep it looking clean (which is very hard with any dark colour) then imho it's the best colour.

I can't keep my cars clean so I went with Snow!
Ha - sadly same here, my last black cars (2 BMW's in Sapphire black several years ago) I did the 'never again' comment at the end - but absolutely adore black to be fair, wish I'd do a lot more to clean etc.

Midnight or Thunder for me at the moment

·
Registered
55 Posts
I decided today to book a professional IGL Kenzo ceramic coating for the car. This should make it quite a bit easier to keep it clean..I hope. Anyone have experience with paint protection or coating?

·
Registered
487 Posts
I decided today to book a professional IGL Kenzo ceramic coating for the car. This should make it quite a bit easier to keep it clean..I hope. Anyone have experience with paint protection or coating?
I've had Gtechniq on my past 2 cars and I will be getting it on my Polestar. Yes it will help keep the rain and dirt off ... but don't think it will keep a black car looking clean by magic.

My first was a White SUV, and apart from returning from LeMans and having a million bugs on the front, it hardly ever looked dirty (even when it was), where my current car is a dark silver metal and looks dirty all the time.

Now Ceramic coating will do many good thing. It's extremely easy to clean and the paint is protected against bird shit and other paint hating chemicals. It also makes the paint POP!

It won't protect you against chips or someone keying your car like a PPF might, but then it's 1/3 to 1/7th the cost.

Current car:-

http://instagr.am/p/BgBAVjmlYRe/

·
Registered
57 Posts
I went for void in the end (mainly for price - Thunder was my fave).

I still quite like void, but I do wish there wasn't any chrome on the grille / rear (as it is on the Thunder cars).

·
Registered
117 Posts
I went for void in the end (mainly for price - Thunder was my fave).

I still quite like void, but I do wish there wasn't any chrome on the grille / rear (as it is on the Thunder cars).
I opted for thunder. But I sometimes wish I'd chosen void with 20" wheels. I think I'd have gone for magnesium but my girlfriend has a similar coloured Golf & I don't like matchy-matchy couples :sick:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hah. I gave myself the budget for one option. In the end I went for the 20" wheels over Thunder. It was close though. :)

·
Registered
57 Posts
The combo I've ordered will look like this. (Void with 20"s non PP). As I say, not a massive fan of the little chromey bits, but it looks alright!

(not my images)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good eye - I hadn't noticed before that the Thunder (which is what I ordered) had some painted parts where the other colors (or at least most of them - harder to tell with the Magnesium and Snow) have chrome. Agreed, the painted parts are a good look!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I think they're there to add some contrast, so you can see the lines of the car better. Otherwise it would just be all the same colour (black/black)!

The plastic bumpers and grille themselves aren't body-coloured on non-void cars of course, so don't need this.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts