Polestar Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
Void | PP 350kW | Slate+Black Ash | No tow | Stickerless | IGL Kenzo graphene coating
184 Posts
I decided today to book a professional IGL Kenzo ceramic coating for the car. This should make it quite a bit easier to keep it clean..I hope. Anyone have experience with paint protection or coating?

· Registered
Void | PP 350kW | Slate+Black Ash | No tow | Stickerless | IGL Kenzo graphene coating
184 Posts
Looking sharp. Any advice you can share on removing the stickers? Or did someone else do it?

There is a separate thread on removing the stickers, but nobody there seems to have quite gotten the nerve up to try it yet.
Unfortunately I didn't have the nerve either so the company doing the Kenzo coating did it. I don't know how they removed it, but they seemed to be of the opinion that this was the simplest thing in the world. Trying a hairdryer with low temperature from a distance and gradually move closer and/or turning the heat up, was my original plan. But this is guesswork anyway. This is something I think polestar should address in their FAQ, because I guess most people would want to remove the stickers... or?

· Registered
184 Posts
Does the Kenzo coating change the Polestar logo from matt to gloss? There are so many warnings in the manual it almost feels the warranty will be voided.
I don't have before and after pictures of the Polestar logo so it's hard to tell. It didn't occur to me before you mentioned it, but I'd say nothing noticeable. Took a couple of pictures with and without flash. The lighting conditions are not good today, so the pictures don't reveal much I think. The logo is very subtle in a way so a bit more gloss would not stop me from doing the coating anyway. What I can say is that the car looks even more amazing after the coating. I also did the rims and glass.

The coating was not done at a Polestar service point, and I have no clue if Polestar accept IGL Kenzo. I saw discussions about orange peel, and I can see some on mine, just like any other Polestar I have seen up close (and that is quite a few), but the paint appear to be perfect otherwise, and regarding this orange peel thing, I didn't know, care or mind before I saw the discussions in the forums. Now I am aware, and I see this on most cars, and I'm back to not caring again. So, regarding warranty, I don't expect paint issues and gamle that this will not be a problem. I guess that should something happen I would be lucky if warranty was valid noew regarding the paint after the coating for my part.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts