Polestar Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2
26 Posts
After 6 months of waiting and logistical fun getting this thorugh Covid and Customs controls delivered to a third party and brought across the channel from England to the Isle of Man, she's here, and she's a pretty aggro looking lady in the flesh - love the stance.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Sky
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant
Automotive parking light Car Wheel Tire Vehicle
White Motor vehicle Vehicle Head restraint Car seat cover
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Car seat cover Automotive design
Car Vehicle Plant Motor vehicle Head restraint

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2
26 Posts
On some of these pictures the cladding on the void looks gray on other it looks black. Is that just a matter of lighting/picture?
I think it's a matter of the dirt! It came across on the boat, then driven to me, and no time to wash/get it washed until today - it was pretty filthy in those pics. I've not noticed any differentiation in colour.

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2
26 Posts
I live in small country, I'm used to the fact that when you look for a parking space chances are you end up abroad.

I read somewhere that the isle of man has a total of 1107 km of public roads. So you can travel every km of that with three full charges...
Yeah, we're incredibly fortunate to live here imho. The Isle is the perfect spot for EV's, where driving from one end of the country to the other is probably 45mins, and there are stretches of roads without speed limits at all. (the mountain drops slow you down by fear alone!). There are 4 main towns at each N, S, E, W point, with 'Parishes' all over the Isle, it's a beautiful place where commuting for most people is a 10min walk/drive.

From growing up in London, and living all over Europe, this is the winner hands-down - especially for families - and as for charging my car, I'm four days in of playing around on the roads and blasting wherever possible, and still sitting at 50% charge having not once plugged it in yet. Amazing.

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2
26 Posts

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2
26 Posts
Few pics of how she looks now:

• PPF Front section
  • Titan ceramic coating
  • Matte black vinyl wrapping of ‘chrome’ sections
  • Decal removal.

She’s dark, broody, and slick looking now.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2
26 Posts
Looks great with the vinyl rap on the chrome grill trim and rear bumper. Did you remove it or wrap it in place. What product did you use?
It was a very basic matte black vinyl wrap and done in situ - I asked the guy doing the ceramic and PPF to wrap both parts, and although he'd never done it before, he said he'd have a go as it was so small. Turned out very well.

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2
26 Posts
Hmmm since I'm leasing I'm wondering if it's worth the money to apply the ceramic coat to the car. I did buy a trunk liner since I'm hauling around a little black mouth cur. What say you citizens of PSF?
Agree with previous post, probably not worth it on a lease. I’ll be keeping this for 3/5 years so think that’s a decent line for seeing the value.

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2
26 Posts
Thanks @snowy666. I bought some Vvivid premium gloss black. Did the rear chrome myself. I'm holding off for a couple weeks before I do the grill trim. Being a DYI job, I want to see how it holds up in the back before I do the more visible grill area.

View attachment 8203
Nice job, looks decent 👍🏻

1 - 8 of 8 Posts