Polestar Forum banner

41 - 60 of 111 Posts

Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
Yeah the Ecotricity ones were full. And wanted to test out 150kW charging. As it was, i peaked at ~97kW.

Registered
I took my VOID w/PP to have a GTechinq ceramic coating applied, and the guys had to do a pretty heavy machine polish to get all the swirls out of the finish. The paint/lacquer appears to be pretty soft and evey imperfection does show up. In my view it is definitely the best colour but don鈥檛 know if anyone else has found the same with theirs? Super happy with the finish though.
161F414C-08B0-412F-8282-7D349916303D.jpeg
8A80C10B-FEC5-4FDB-A506-0D8A487C0F64.jpeg
EBF6B0CD-BAA9-490F-983C-31581EAC8FBE.jpeg

Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
TBH, I was pretty pleased with my void car. No obvious paint issues.

When I got it, I polished it with super resin polish and then added a coat of gloss sealant. It looks great.

Registered
Because of the the amount of machine polishing required to get it perfect, it was 拢1,500. This also included treatment of the alloys and full interior protection as well.
The 拢800-拢1200 I suggested was cost of minimal work and the application. Knowing you needed more work than expected then with wheels too (did you get inside / outside / brake callipers - or just outside?) than that's about right? Did they do the glass too? I'm thinking roof and rear only ... not side or front window.

Premium Member
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
That does look amazing, yes!

Sadly the Void paint does seem to be far more prone to scratching. Someone on here (@jonspolestar I think?) rejected their Void car because the panels had marks on where it looked like someone had tried to too vigorously "polish out" something (bird poo?) and left faded patches on the panels! I gather it's the only colour without a proper top lacquer or something?

Registered
2021 Polestar 2
That does look amazing, yes!

Sadly the Void paint does seem to be far more prone to scratching. Someone on here (@jonspolestar I think?) rejected their Void car because the panels had marks on where it looked like someone had tried to too vigorously "polish out" something (bird poo?) and left faded patches on the panels! I gather it's the only colour without a proper top lacquer or something?
it was indeed me @rgledhill. It really was appalling and put me off the void from that point on. As owners will say a great colour when you have a great paint job from the start. I am not surprised that a lot of polishing work was required to get the paintwork up to scratch. I鈥檝e gone with Thunder now and hope to it have it in a few weeks...have VIN and VRM. All at no additional cost to me...thanks PS!

41 - 60 of 111 Posts