Polestar Forum banner

61 - 80 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
P2 2021, Void, Charcoal, no PP, 19 inch
141 Posts
Looks great! Mine is also Void (imho best colour!), almost same Vin, delivered at january 7th. and i am considering a ceramic coating too but did not make decision yet. Your shiny car almost convinced me 😁

·
Registered
48 Posts
I took my VOID w/PP to have a GTechinq ceramic coating applied, and the guys had to do a pretty heavy machine polish to get all the swirls out of the finish. The paint/lacquer appears to be pretty soft and evey imperfection does show up. In my view it is definitely the best colour but don’t know if anyone else has found the same with theirs? Super happy with the finish though.
Looking as if I may well have to go down this route as well - delivered last week, scratches all round the 2 front door handles, dealer tried to resolve it on Friday (and failed)

IMG_0723.jpeg

And with the sun out on Saturday (I know, sun in Scotland, who'd have thunk it!), spotted a lovely shimmer of swirlies all over the car

Taken it up with Polestar to resolve - there is no way the dealer is touching the car again if they keep passing this off as, in their words, 'perfect'

·
Registered
152 Posts
Stealers mess up the perfect factory paint job yet again 😭 The last 5 new cars I've had I've requested that the dealer do no "valeting" on the paintwork on delivery as I take it to my favourite detailer to do a proper "new car detail". There may be less control by the buyer on this type of request due to the nature of direct delivery. I was at a regional car show a few years ago on a bright sunny day (remember those?) and a Peugeot dealer was showing off a top trim black 408 which had had their recommended paint protection applied. They weren't too happy when I commented that it looked like it had been applied with a brillo pad. 😈 The swirls and scratches really showed up in the sunlight.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Just another picture because it looks so damn cool View attachment 3821
SKuggemannen - Thank you very much for taking the time to post, if you are waiting for a car then an image is more welcome than the reading troubles in the other discussions.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Good job!!! I won’t post mine as I am too embarrassed to share after I did it in half light on Friday evening 😳

·
Registered
152 Posts
Any one with a black car should see this test

I know Tesla paint is supposed to be soft. I never take any of my cars of any colour through an automatic car wash.

·
Registered
Oct '20 / VIN47xx. Void, Slate, 20"
516 Posts
I never take any of my cars of any colour through an automatic car wash.
me neither! 😱

I love the quotes from that video "Why am I doing this?!" :LOL:

61 - 80 of 111 Posts