Polestar Forum banner
121 - 140 of 159 Posts

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2
26 Posts
On some of these pictures the cladding on the void looks gray on other it looks black. Is that just a matter of lighting/picture?
I think it's a matter of the dirt! It came across on the boat, then driven to me, and no time to wash/get it washed until today - it was pretty filthy in those pics. I've not noticed any differentiation in colour.

·
Registered
777 Posts
I live in small country, I'm used to the fact that when you look for a parking space chances are you end up abroad.

I read somewhere that the isle of man has a total of 1107 km of public roads. So you can travel every km of that with three full charges...

Reactions: 2RatsElop

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2
26 Posts
I live in small country, I'm used to the fact that when you look for a parking space chances are you end up abroad.

I read somewhere that the isle of man has a total of 1107 km of public roads. So you can travel every km of that with three full charges...
Yeah, we're incredibly fortunate to live here imho. The Isle is the perfect spot for EV's, where driving from one end of the country to the other is probably 45mins, and there are stretches of roads without speed limits at all. (the mountain drops slow you down by fear alone!). There are 4 main towns at each N, S, E, W point, with 'Parishes' all over the Isle, it's a beautiful place where commuting for most people is a 10min walk/drive.

From growing up in London, and living all over Europe, this is the winner hands-down - especially for families - and as for charging my car, I'm four days in of playing around on the roads and blasting wherever possible, and still sitting at 50% charge having not once plugged it in yet. Amazing.

·
Registered
Ioniq P45, E-Niro (Previously P2 and TM3)
978 Posts

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2
26 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts

This is the result of a few days' work cleaning, polishing then waxing, rain-x-ing and generally working over the car to get it prepared for a sit in a car park for a few weeks (I want it reasonably protected as it's going to be in an airport)

As part of it I found Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Acrylic Black Spray Wax which is a bit of a gamechanger for me because it even enhances the lower black plastic sections.

·
Registered
18 Posts
View attachment 7299
This is the result of a few days' work cleaning, polishing then waxing, rain-x-ing and generally working over the car to get it prepared for a sit in a car park for a few weeks (I want it reasonably protected as it's going to be in an airport)

As part of it I found Turtle Wax Hybrid Solutions Ceramic Acrylic Black Spray Wax which is a bit of a gamechanger for me because it even enhances the lower black plastic sections.
Had my void for just over a week now. How are going on with swirl marks? Seems like I only need to touch mine and it marks up. Been touchless washing but it's a royal pain.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Had my void for just over a week now. How are going on with swirl marks? Seems like I only need to touch mine and it marks up. Been touchless washing but it's a royal pain.
I don't think I'm doing too badly. I've never washed it with a sponge. I used a pressure washer and snow foam every time. THe dealer may have washed it nastily once or twice but I normally tell them not to wash it.

A colour enhancing wax helps hid a lot of the tiny tiny marks.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I don't think I'm doing too badly. I've never washed it with a sponge. I used a pressure washer and snow foam every time. THe dealer may have washed it nastily once or twice but I normally tell them not to wash it.

A colour enhancing wax helps hid a lot of the tiny tiny marks.
Great stuff. Are you going over the snow foam with a mitt, or just leaving it?

I've tried both now and done better with the mitt, no swirls 👍
Car Automotive parking light Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle

·
Registered
449 Posts
Great stuff. Are you going over the snow foam with a mitt, or just leaving it?
Depends on the level of dirt/laziness er… efficiency 🤣

A full wash will be foam, rinse, foam, agitate, rinse, drying agent, towel dry.

A short one likely just the foam and rinse followed by drying agent if it’s just summer time dust.

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2
26 Posts
Few pics of how she looks now:

• PPF Front section
  • Titan ceramic coating
  • Matte black vinyl wrapping of ‘chrome’ sections
  • Decal removal.

She’s dark, broody, and slick looking now.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Few pics of how she looks now:

• PPF Front section
  • Titan ceramic coating
  • Matte black vinyl wrapping of ‘chrome’ sections
  • Decal removal.

She’s dark, broody, and slick looking now.
Looks great with the vinyl rap on the chrome grill trim and rear bumper. Did you remove it or wrap it in place. What product did you use?

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2
26 Posts
Looks great with the vinyl rap on the chrome grill trim and rear bumper. Did you remove it or wrap it in place. What product did you use?
It was a very basic matte black vinyl wrap and done in situ - I asked the guy doing the ceramic and PPF to wrap both parts, and although he'd never done it before, he said he'd have a go as it was so small. Turned out very well.

121 - 140 of 159 Posts