Polestar Forum banner
141 - 159 of 159 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hmmm since I'm leasing I'm wondering if it's worth the money to apply the ceramic coat to the car. I did buy a trunk liner since I'm hauling around a little black mouth cur. What say you citizens of PSF?

·
Registered
220 Posts
Hmmm since I'm leasing I'm wondering if it's worth the money to apply the ceramic coat to the car. I did buy a trunk liner since I'm hauling around a little black mouth cur. What say you citizens of PSF?
My vote on a lease is to not have it done professionally. No point... the rear of the car still gets filthy even with a coat.
I do pro-consumer grade ceramic coatings and they work just as well (cost is about 50 bucks and takes 2 hours).
All I have to do is after a wash twice a year I re-apply an over the counter ceramic coating (like a wax).

·
Registered
52 Posts
Generally I handwash my car once a week with a quality car soap and afterwards I apply Beadmaker which is excellent at keeping the car very clean between washes and is so easy to apply, just spray on and wipe.https://www.amazon.com/Detailing-Products-C250P-Maker-Protectant/dp/B0779KCS7D/ref=asc_df_B0779KCS7D/?tag=&linkCode=df0&hvadid=312061076118&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5059148400556276863&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9007862&hvtargid=pla-611122635827&ref=&adgrpid=62430536632&th=1

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2
26 Posts
Agree with previous post, probably not worth it on a lease. I’ll be keeping this for 3/5 years so think that’s a decent line for seeing the value.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Few pics of how she looks now:

• PPF Front section
  • Titan ceramic coating
  • Matte black vinyl wrapping of ‘chrome’ sections
  • Decal removal.

She’s dark, broody, and slick looking now.
It was a very basic matte black vinyl wrap and done in situ - I asked the guy doing the ceramic and PPF to wrap both parts, and although he'd never done it before, he said he'd have a go as it was so small. Turned out very well.
Thanks @snowy666. I bought some Vvivid premium gloss black. Did the rear chrome myself. I'm holding off for a couple weeks before I do the grill trim. Being a DYI job, I want to see how it holds up in the back before I do the more visible grill area.

Car Vehicle Plant Grille Automotive tail & brake light

·
Premium Member
Polestar 2
26 Posts
Thanks @snowy666. I bought some Vvivid premium gloss black. Did the rear chrome myself. I'm holding off for a couple weeks before I do the grill trim. Being a DYI job, I want to see how it holds up in the back before I do the more visible grill area.

View attachment 8203
Nice job, looks decent 👍🏻

·
Registered
18 Posts
Void Micro Scratches..

I cannot believe how easy the void paint marks up!

I literally just simply run my finger lightly across the paint finish and it's an instant micro scratch.

I've been really careful cleaning the car since new but still picking marks up. Really noticed it today under light in a car park.

Anybody else finding the same issues? I know black cars are difficult to keep pristine but I'm shocked just how soft this paint is.

·
Registered
220 Posts
So I'll be getting my void in a couple of weeks, and I'm thinking of putting on the Turtle Wax Ceramic Black Wax

You guys think that should be sufficient to keep it somewhat protected?
I have been using over the counter ceramic products for a few years now. They are JUST as good as a pro application if you re-apply at least 2 times a year. With these products you can stack layers for extra protection.

In my opinion, the Void colour gets so dirty anyways, the only way to keep it clean is washing. Any type of ceramic will not keep it looking clean, it just makes it WAY easier to wash off any dirt.

Save your money and put a little elbow grease into your car (since you have to wash anyways). The extra 15 minutes is easy.

Real world test with one of my cars professionally coated, the other by me with consumer products.
Both are completely equal in protection, just the pro version you don't have to re-apply.

Again, we have to wash anyways, so just add a small step.

·
Registered
Polestar 2 Dual Motor Launch Edition 2021 - Void
174 Posts
I have been using over the counter ceramic products for a few years now. They are JUST as good as a pro application if you re-apply at least 2 times a year. With these products you can stack layers for extra protection.

In my opinion, the Void colour gets so dirty anyways, the only way to keep it clean is washing. Any type of ceramic will not keep it looking clean, it just makes it WAY easier to wash off any dirt.

Save your money and put a little elbow grease into your car (since you have to wash anyways). The extra 15 minutes is easy.

Real world test with one of my cars professionally coated, the other by me with consumer products.
Both are completely equal in protection, just the pro version you don't have to re-apply.

Again, we have to wash anyways, so just add a small step.
That's what I was thinking. The main reason for wanting to use this one (besides not wanting to spend money on the professional coating) is for protection against stuff like bird poop. I mean I know I still have to wash it off as quickly as possible, but I understand the coating won't keep the car clean. But with black being so easy to get dirty and reading the posts here about how easy it marks, I figure using some form of coating will do just a little to help protect it a little.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Anybody struggling with swirl marks with the void colour?

I literally run my hand across the paintwork and it just marks up with fine scratches?

Seriously begining to wonder if the paintwork is defective.

Any feedback much appreciated

·
Registered
6 Posts

I literally run my hand across the paintwork and it just marks up with fine scratches?

I think that is how the paint is and black color in general shows every damn thing. I went to pick up my car and it had swirl marks and scratches everywhere so I refused to take delivery.

·
Registered
220 Posts

What I did to my car was a full detail with a clay bar, then a home ceramic coating.
I then do subsequent ceramic coatings ever few months after a wash.

Paint looks fantastic and is very easy to clean.

My initial wash after delivery:
2 bucket wash
Clay bar
Wash (clean water and sponge)
Consumer ceramic coating
Let sit for 12 hours

·
Registered
18 Posts
Thanks for the advise.

I've been doing the two bucket with a hand mit but I think I caught with a company clean using a brush.

Got mine booked in for a clay bar, polish and wax.

Will see how that goes and then go home ceramic from there.

My swirl marks are really only noticed under car park lighting which was a bit of a shock once noticed.

Price for detail shop ceramic currently qouted at £859, which I think I'll have to pass on for now.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Did you guys have to do paint correction prior to ceramic coating on yours guys? I’m debating on whether I want to pick up equipment for tomorrow during Black Friday.

·
Registered
P2 2021, Void, Charcoal, no PP, 19 inch
168 Posts
Unfortunately no Black Friday deals or discount prices at Polestar today 😢. The only ‘advertisement’ they posted today was this twittermessage (which i agree as a Void-owner,……..but this only in a negative sense because of the quite minor quality of the Void-paint):
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

141 - 159 of 159 Posts