Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Looks so much better, can’t do the front windows in the UK but I’ve had the rear‘s done with the same tint on my Thunder.

Makes it look so much better, and matches roof and boot window 👍
Any chance of getting a few pics of this? I'm expecting my Thunder PS2 very soon and will be getting tints put on as soon as possible.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Very nice, was asking my detailer for this but they don't do it, so have to find another place once I get my PPF and ceramic done. Are you pleased with the 35%?

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Very nice, was asking my detailer for this but they don't do it, so have to find another place once I get my PPF and ceramic done. Are you pleased with the 35%?
Yeah, very pleased. I do not like a full black tint. I like a nice light shade that is classy.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Let me know if you find a good shop in the area. I’ve never had any tinting done on my cars but now feel spoiled by the lack of heat transmitted through the roof and want it everywhere.

·
Registered
48 Posts
That looks great. Did they do it at Polestar Toronto? Or did you have to do it after market? I'm waiting to hear back from them about it.

·
Registered
625 Posts
Let me know if you find a good shop in the area. I’ve never had any tinting done on my cars but now feel spoiled by the lack of heat transmitted through the roof and want it everywhere.
I haven't bought a car in the 2000's era that didn't have the rears tinted from the factory glass, so found it strange that an upscale car like this wouldn't have the rears tinted.

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,863 Posts
Same here. We'll have to get the rear windows tinted to hide stuff from prying eyes when we're travelling and the dog's in the boot, for instance. I wonder if we should be tinting the rear hatch too...? Is that even possible, with the rear heater?

·
Super Moderator
Polestar 2, Midnight (blue), charcoal interior, non-PP
2,863 Posts
That's good. It's been such dull weather since I bought the car that I don't think I've actually been outside with it in proper sunlight!

·
Registered
762 Posts
Looks very good. I'll be considering this too. There are companies here that sell pre-cut tint sheets but none of them have polestar cuts yet....

·
Registered
193 Posts
Any chance of getting a few pics of this? I'm expecting my Thunder PS2 very soon and will be getting tints put on as soon as possible.
Yes sure, once the weather calms down I’ll take a few pics, but the car is black bright at the moment.

Needs a good fettle before a camera goes anywhere near it!

·
Registered
193 Posts
It's a skilled job doing window tints well. I'd just take it somewhere and have it done - it's not expensive. Those pre-cut sheets for amateur installation always end up looking just that.
It cost me £35 a window and took the fitter 40mins per side (he used the XC40 door card templates)

1 - 20 of 29 Posts