Polestar Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

· Registered
2022 LRSM Thunder/Slate/Plus/Hitch
2,045 Posts
Wow this is exactly the same.
edit: its actually even nicer lol
Nicer than what? … looks pretty ordinary when compared to P2. Hard to understand why they would give P3 driver dash a Mach-e treatment when the P2 solution is already much nicer….to my eye anyway.

For the given price tag the P3 driver screen makes very little sense to me … 🤷🏼‍♂️

· Registered
126 Posts
Nicer than what? … looks pretty ordinary when compared to P2. Hard to understand why they would give P3 driver dash a Mach-e treatment when the P2 solution is already much nicer….to my eye anyway.

For the given price tag the P3 driver screen makes very little sense to me … 🤷🏼‍♂️
Nicer than P3. The screen just looked tacked on in the P3, at least here they have some curvature for the dashboard

Agreed P2 looks nice just not practical...takes up so much space.

· Registered
2,045 Posts
Agreed P2 looks nice just not practical...takes up so much space.
Impractical? … what do you plan to use the space for? …. I am just curious, how would one arrive to such a conclusion. The P2 dash was one of the strong points why I bought it, over Tesla Y or 3 or anything else … so you can understand, how it’s shocking to me that anyone would prefer anything but P2 solution.

· Registered
126 Posts
Impractical? … what do you plan to use the space for? …. I am just curious, how would one arrive to such a conclusion. The P2 dash was one of the strong points why I bought it, over Tesla Y or 3 or anything else … so you can understand, how it’s shocking to me that anyone would prefer anything but P2 solution.
well cup holders, tiny side pockets for storage. Tall folks have no knee room. Not a big deal for me but that seems to be the general comment. I do like the look.

· Registered
131 Posts

Completely agree...I like P2 dashboard a lot. I honestly can't think of a reason why design wise they went with 'stick on a tablet' for the dash other than as a cost saving measure. But for a ~ $100k car, it looks cheap and will age real fast. My opinion anyway. I was hoping EX90 would be different.

· Registered
2,045 Posts
Exactly… if they wanted to make much cheaper P2, sure, skip the driver screen completely for what I care….but in expensive P3, it’s an extremely bad design move, I cannot imagine they could sensibly explain.

· Registered
126 Posts
Exactly… if they wanted to make much cheaper P2, sure, skip the driver screen completely for what I care….but in expensive P3, it’s an extremely bad design move, I cannot imagine they could sensibly explain.
Now that I can focus on the same topic…

I think they made the driver display smaller because they dont want to do any development for it. With our P2 big screen, it feels like its missing something as there are only 2 view modes and you cant really do anything else on it. Feels very bare compared to what you can do on a Mercedes or Audi for example. Eventually people are going to ask for more functions, so the easy way to avoid this is to make it so small its not going to be useful for anything other than speed and arrows. Thats my tinfoil hat theory anyways.

· Registered
4,724 Posts
Time will tell what will sell better: relatively smaller and more integrated displays as in the Taycan/etron, Hyundai/Genesis/Kia, Cadillac/Chevy, BMW products or the relatively bigger displays in Volvo/Polestar, Tesla, and MB cars.

I wager the larger screens will be more preferred by future buyers, and those necessarily will become less and less integrated into the dash, like in Tesla and now Volvo/Polestar's designs.
And while I personally prefer hard over soft buttons, I also bet the market won't punish car makers that put HVAC controls and the like behind soft buttons (on responsive screens; with steering wheel buttons/stalks retained). In fact the 'open' and 'airy' buttonless future will be net preferred (so long as critical things like wipers, turn signals, and basic other functions are kept on the steering column like they are now).

Basically, I bet the Volvo/Polestar and Tesla dash will be net preferred by newer car buyers and the alternative dash will be sen as dated/old soon enough - not the other way around.

So: get used to it, or clutch your soon to be dated cars.

· Registered
52 Posts
I do like the clarity of the instrument screen, loved that on the P3 site/reveal. So clean. I think this is the best mix we're likely to get, in terms of classic car dash meets modern car dash. I hated not having the instrument cluster in the Tesla I test drove, big fan of this layout.

· Registered
20 Posts
It's not going over well so far on the Volvo forum. I'm fine with it and yes, it is very similar to the Polestar 3. But Volvo forum members say it lacks the elegance of the current car. I think it is more elegant in a way because it is very streamlined and simple.

I don't really agree that mounting the screen makes it "cheap." I think it is just a way to do it. Screens are screens. I don't love them but that's where the industry is now. Mounted is not necessarily cheap as you see some very high-end interiors in apartments and hotels or luxury spaces using mounted screens. I think what makes Teslas look lower end is what's around the mounted screen, not just the mounted screens (in the 3 and Y, especially). So I don't associate this with Tesla or other brands. It's an industry trend.

· Registered
20 Posts
I like both Volvo and Polestar's dashes. They're variations on a theme. We know what the full Polestar 3 interior looks like but not the Volvo's yet. I guess I like that you can seem more of the wood on the Volvo and it seems Volvo will offer brown wood vs. Polestar's only darker wood. Butt darker wood works with the Polestar styling.

The interface skins should be compared, however. When the cars are out maybe someone will start a thread on the UIs, contrasting the two.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts